XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Michelin Super Pilot Sport Tires

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
lol..subject to this non sense....ahahahahaahh.....are you sure you can handle it??

I recognize michelin in your attitude, they are not fine tires at all, they last for those who can't buy new tires, or like to run 30000 miles with a xkr...i will change them every 10000 km myself, i hate these economy, you end up regretting it, when you need grip.

Even if they improve, we should not discuss michelin cause of you guys...let me laugh...michelin is pure bullshit.
You use of the english language is ELOQUENT

To help you understand....

Definition of ELOQUENT

: marked by forceful and fluent expression <an eloquent preacher>

: vividly or movingly expressive or revealing <an eloquent monument>

— el·o·quent·lyadverb

Old 06-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi
Sorry, I do not understand your attempt at the english language.
Is there someone else where you live that can post for you, that does speak english?
so you are buying 10 k jags and cry on the forums for all the things your little head or hands can't do?
how do you feel when you buy a gallon of oil, you would like to do it yourself too?

Old 06-15-2013, 01:56 PM

so you are buying 10 k jags and cry on the forums for all the things your little head or hands can't do?
how do you feel when you buy a gallon of oil, you would like to do it yourself too?
My insurance bill on my cars is more than 10 K
LOL. At leaset I know how to wash and detail my own cars...and you dont.
You are embarrasing yourself...you are such a fool.
Michelins are the best tires in the world, just because you can not afford them, dont hate them.

Last edited by Donzi; 06-15-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member

LOL. At leaset I know how to wash and detail my own cars...and you dont.
You are embarrasing yourself...
Oh what an argument you have here, yes you are right, you are a good boy.
you re like those youngs guys you do not like respond to questions, it will definately take longer for guys like you to get a minimum or integrity and respect, but some will be here to help you out, with your moanings...

Old 06-15-2013, 02:00 PM

Oh what an argument you have here, yes you are right, you are a good boy.
you re like those youngs guys you do not like respond to questions, it will definately take longer for guys like you to get a minimum or integrity and respect, but some will be here to help you out, with your moanings...
Lol, your mom knows about my moanings better than you! LOL!
I just blocked your posts from my view...I dont want to waste my time with your ignorance...

Last edited by Donzi; 06-15-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member

Lol, your mom knows about my moanings better than you! LOL!
I feel sorry if i make you feel so embarrassed to attack me like you did, using the word "gang" i will have thought you could be more subtle but you're definitely not. what's maybe missing now is a gun and a mask and there i have no doubts about yourself.
I will not block i love learning about idiots, they always refresh my mind about the pity of this world and low game people. And it is useful.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:06 PM

I feel sorry if i make you feel so embarrassed to attack me like you did, using the word "gang" i will have thought you could be more subtle but you're definitely not. what's maybe missing now is a gun and a mask and there i have no doubts about yourself.
Nope, not missing... your spot on, I have all that stuff too.
In fact, here is a picture of me in my gang colors in the hood!

Attached Thumbnails Michelin Super Pilot Sport Tires-michelin-man.jpg  

Last edited by Donzi; 06-15-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 06-15-2013, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member

and here we go with the michelin gang, i will have thought you won't speak about it, but you did, thank you, down on the road i like straight talker...but i am not into gang, guns and all that mess, sorry. I feel much stronger than that.

Old 06-15-2013, 02:12 PM

and here we go with the michelin gang, i will have thought you won't speak about it, but you did, thank you, down on the road i like straight talker...but i am not into gang, guns and all that mess, sorry. I feel much stronger than that.
You go girl!

Old 06-15-2013, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member

You go girl!
oh yeah...

Old 06-16-2013, 08:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

Honestly... I just read an opinion from jagxk2008 and then his English skills were attacked. I do not see any attack prior to the verbal abuse directed at jagxk2008 from him to anyone else on these boards.

He does not care for Michelin tires... That's his opinion on a free open forum, he's entitled to it, and he tried to express it as best he can. I Honor him for trying his best as my own stupid a$$ can only speak one language. If you can not understand his posts.... Let it go.... because attacking him just makes you look like a ***** - your a nice guy in person right?!? I got a idea...Please inform us all of your good experiences with Michelin tires.

All opinions based off experience are valid, and I will now look into Michelin tires as a whole more thoroughly before purchasing due to his honesty.

Lothar from the hills of OHIO, USA.

Old 06-16-2013, 09:12 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lothar52
Honestly... I just read an opinion from jagxk2008 and then his English skills were attacked. I do not see any attack prior to the verbal abuse directed at jagxk2008 from him to anyone else on these boards.

He does not care for Michelin tires... That's his opinion on a free open forum, he's entitled to it, and he tried to express it as best he can. I Honor him for trying his best as my own stupid a$$ can only speak one language. If you can not understand his posts.... Let it go.... because attacking him just makes you look like a ***** - your a nice guy in person right?!? I got a idea...Please inform us all of your good experiences with Michelin tires.

All opinions based off experience are valid, and I will now look into Michelin tires as a whole more thoroughly before purchasing due to his honesty.

I was attentive to the new Michelin due to comments until i found a guy totally desperate. ( I was thinking oh yes they can only improve due to my own experience, they last for hell...but) It's maybe not the exact same model but i do not care.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...hunking-82025/

Thanks Ryan, you just can't please everybody. Ask the guy of this thread if he went to buy the non A/S model now...

I told this guy he was ignorant (this was my insult) asking what year was the alu body on the xkr, simply cause with his friend he tried first to bring some mess with me...I am not touched at his insults, but i hate when people come with friends to mess around. This trigger me the most.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-16-2013 at 10:59 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 10:02 AM

Understood, but it was not about his English skills, it was about the personal insults directed to me that were deleted. Anyway, he is blocked from my view..and I deleted most of the posts, so no worries.

And on to the Michelins, I have had the Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on my XJR-100 for well over 1 year and would never buy anything else,
very quiet, superb handling and are wearing like iron, so for me. They are an excellent choice!

Last edited by Donzi; 06-16-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:30 AM
Veteran Member

I will definitely look in to them... Michelins as I feel I'm getting poor traction on the Pirelli p zeros though I wonder if its just a function if 550 HP and 502 ft lb of torque on the rear wheels alone!!!! probably it....

Old 06-16-2013, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member

DRC says he likes them better so far... But he has not tracked them yet like he did with his Pirelli p zero's so we shall see!!

Old 06-16-2013, 12:05 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

All reviews I have read about the Pilot Super Sports have been very positive...even going so far as ranking the tire higher than the well regarded PS2 which Porsche themselves felt was good enough to put on their 997 911 Carrera S models.

I personally do not think it is fair at all to claim anything bad about the Super Sport tires based on the past performance of a completely different model. Besides, who really knows what the full story is behind anyone elses tires problems, except by your own personal experience.

As for the Bridgestone RE-11's...They were pretty good on the street but on the track they became very greasy after a few laps. I played with the pressures for a while and it didnt change. This was on the Elise. I much prefer the AD08 over the RE-11.

Ultimately, everyone is entitled to their opinion....but after doing my reasearch (and I am a reaserch nut) I am 100% positive at this time I am going with the Super Sports next on the XKR-S.

Old 06-19-2013, 10:12 PM
drc
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Smile Answer For Matt

Originally Posted by Matt in Houston
Where did you order the carbon fiber mirror covers and dead pedal?
Hey Matt,

I ordered the carbon fiber hood grills, XKRS splitter and dead pedal from Chris at Mina Gallery. I also sold him my XKRS wing.

Peace,

Dave

The following users liked this post:
Matt in Houston (06-19-2013)
Old 06-20-2013, 12:46 AM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

20000 miles with a xkr 175 , and you said half worn, lol, i will have changed them long time ago, you see, i changed them at 15000 km myself, here is all the difference, you will run 40 000 miles out of tires "that last" , i will use mine in 15000 km . 10000 miles for me - 400000 miles for yourself.

And do you remember really how were your original tires when new, you guys compare tires from updating old tires to new ones.
With all the xj i had pirelli were the best tires and i had one michelin that i regretted the first day.
I have always run Michelins on my SUV because of their long tread-life, but I agree that there is no need to get more than 10,000 miles or so out of tires for the XK/R. Softer, trackier tires should grip better and wear faster, as I understand it, anyway. I have 10,000 on my Dunlops and they show very little wear--am I supposed to wait another 10K before trying something new? I want something new! Some of you get a whole new car at that point. I'm practically Al Gore compared to that.

Anecdote: My mother in-law learned English as a second language. When she would get angry she would yell, "I have a pear to pick with you!"

Anecdote 2: I recently attended a wedding in Peru. My goodness they were so polite to me while I butchered their language. We mostly pantomimed with a lot of smiling and nodding. You get the picture. Try getting a cabbie to a church on the other side of Lima when you don't speak Spanish and he doesn't speak English--the iPhone's Internet translator was helpful, Apple Maps not so much

The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (06-20-2013)
Old 06-30-2013, 06:59 PM
drc
Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Default To Lothar

How much does a set run?
Hey Ryan! About $2000 installed. No matter if they are Conti's, P Zero's or Michelin's it always seems to be over $2000 when purchased through Jag.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:16 PM
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

I just bought my 2012 XKR and the previous owner changed out the P Zero Nero's for Hankook Ventus. There is only 8,900 miles on the car. I have the P Zero's on my XJL and their negligible. I have read on other posts that Hankook is a pretty decent tire. Anybody have any opinions. My car handles great with them.

Quick Reply: Michelin Super Pilot Sport Tires