XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Milltek, QuickSilver, or Spires exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015 | 04:17 AM

Hi

I'm very happy with my Spires exhaust. Very nice sound compared to stock, but not too loud.

I made a video....

Old 04-23-2015 | 08:06 PM
Veteran Member

So what did the starter of this thread go with???

I am still wishing I could hear a aftermarket XK exhaust...... Quicksilver looks great with catback that deletes the rear bladder and decreases weight.

Old 04-25-2015 | 08:27 AM
|

Originally Posted by Lothar52
So what did the starter of this thread go with???

I am still wishing I could hear a aftermarket XK exhaust...... Quicksilver looks great with catback that deletes the rear bladder and decreases weight.
I'm still on the fence but suspect I'll ultimately go with the Quicksilver. It would be really nice to be able to hear it in person before making a final decision. I don't think recordings are able to really capture the sound accurately. I plan to make a decision in the next couple of weeks. I'll be sure to post an update once I have...

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (04-25-2015)
Old 04-25-2015 | 09:52 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hdavidson
I'm still on the fence but suspect I'll ultimately go with the Quicksilver. It would be really nice to be able to hear it in person before making a final decision. I don't think recordings are able to really capture the sound accurately. I plan to make a decision in the next couple of weeks. I'll be sure to post an update once I have...
The issue is the Quicksilver was meant to replace the regular active exhaust that has 2 resonators/silencers and rear muffler with flaps.

What you will be replacing is a system with no resonators/silencers and a rear muffler. You will be taking the rear muffler off. I dont know how the sound will change if you remove it entirely it may actually be quieter. I suspect what you will want to do is fit the straight back pipes to the X-pipe on the XKR-S???? The Super Sport Quicksilver does have ONE large resonator. Not sure if that keeps the sound down or adds its deeper tone?!?

Let us know what your thinking!

Old 04-25-2015 | 06:05 PM
Veteran Member

The good news is whatever you buy, if you don't like it.... I WILL BUY IT... Because whatever you get will be better than my non-performance exhaust on my XKR so I'm a buyer 😉. So it's a low risk purchase in that regard 😊. And if you love it then I may get one too for the XKR 👍😊

Old 04-28-2015 | 12:05 PM
Veteran Member

After saying I was going to do the quicksilver I went with spires... Non-active stage 3

There may be drone but I dont care.... I drive my XKRS on freeway with drone all the time. Never is there a time I would want it quieter.... HA!

Chose Spires as it sounded like the Jags original tone just louder....

The quicksilver is from account not that loud but way more deeper tone.

Talked to a fellow in Britain who has the stage 3. He had previously had the jaguar performance active exhaust. It's a X-pipe with a free flowing rear section. Much louder than Jags loudest. So... Should be a great upgrade over my non-performance exhaust! It ships today

Lothar52

Old 04-30-2015 | 12:07 AM
|

After saying I was going to do the quicksilver I went with spires... Non-active stage 3

There may be drone but I dont care.... I drive my XKRS on freeway with drone all the time. Never is there a time I would want it quieter.... HA!

Talked to a fellow in Britain who has the stage 3. He had previously had the jaguar performance active exhaust. It's a X-pipe with a free flowing rear section. Much louder than Jags loudest. So... Should be a great upgrade over my non-performance exhaust! It ships today

Lothar52

I'm looking forward to reading (and hearing) your review!

Old 05-17-2015 | 05:42 PM
|

Lothar52

Have you installed the new exhaust yet?

Old 05-17-2015 | 11:57 PM
Veteran Member

Have you installed the new exhaust yet?
Nope the car has been at a Detailer since April 29th! 😳

Old 05-18-2015 | 05:43 AM
Veteran Member

Nope the car has been at a Detailer since April 29th! 😳
Hope you made a note of the mileage when you dropped it off, as I'm thinking your car may have taken another trip to Vegas! ;-)

Old 05-18-2015 | 08:08 PM
Veteran Member

We have got to hear just what the detailer has been doing for the last 19 days. Plewae include pictures.