XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Hard to beat Lunar Grey. That car looks good!

The following users liked this post:
jahummer (10-02-2016)
Old 10-02-2016, 11:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,431 Likes on 3,207 Posts

Originally Posted by EnRoute30
Hard to beat Lunar Grey. That car looks good!
Agreed!

jahummer (10-02-2016)
Old 04-11-2017, 04:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered a whole slew of Mina items for my 2013 XKR. Got a carbon front apron lip, carbon hood louvers, carbon mirror caps, some wheel caps, a silver badge and a car cover on the way. Hoping that it adds that extra little something that I'm looking for!

Old 04-11-2017, 04:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Be careful with the hood louvres. I ordered a set from someone on ebay who decided against using them, one fit well and the other not so well. But they don't have clips like the originals, so you are asked to use automotive tape to hold them in place. I used heavy duty 3m automotive tape, and I drove less than one block before the one that actually fit better flew off and into traffic, never to be seen again. I didn't even have them for 5 minutes before they were rendered useless. Needless to say, I'm back to my painted, black ones.

Old 04-11-2017, 04:56 PM

There's no way to reuse clips I assume? I haven't even looked under my hood.

Old 04-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Veteran Member

The clips are reusable, but the carbon fibre replacements don't have the tabs that protrude out of the bottom through the hood to receive the clips. I will take pictures of both tomorrow and post.

Old 04-12-2017, 05:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,490 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
The clips are reusable, but the carbon fibre replacements don't have the tabs that protrude out of the bottom through the hood to receive the clips. I will take pictures of both tomorrow and post.
I wonder about the OEM carbon version?

Old 04-13-2017, 11:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Supreme Machine
I just ordered a whole slew of Mina items for my 2013 XKR. Got a carbon front apron lip, carbon hood louvers, carbon mirror caps, some wheel caps, a silver badge and a car cover on the way. Hoping that it adds that extra little something that I'm looking for!
please post pix once you get the parts and before and after of your car.

I still have not ordered the skirts or front lip

Old 04-14-2017, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member

Sorry it took a couple of days to get the pictures. First you will see the carbon fiber replacement, the back, front, and side view. This is supposed to be attached to the 1/2" lip of the hood surround with automotive double sided tape. As I said in a previous post, mine lasted exactly 1 block before it flew off. The second pictures are closeups of the tabs from the original vents that poke through the hood and receive a clip that keeps them anchored. (sorry about the blurred picture of the clip)

Attached Thumbnails Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-dscf8342.jpg   Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-dscf8343.jpg   Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-dscf8344.jpg   Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-dscf8345.jpg   Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts-dscf8346.jpg  

Old 04-18-2017, 03:15 PM

Do all the hood louvers come with red font "SUPERCHARGED"???

I hope mine comes that way... I have a red badge, wheel caps and seats on a black dynamic black pack.

Also, I'll definitely send before and after pics. Not sure how long this will take but we've hit 2 weeks today and not shipped.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,490 Posts

For anyone interested I am selling my XKR Lunar Grey rocker panels with Mina carbon fiber side splitters already installed. I'll be posting an ad in the classifieds with pics soon.

Old 05-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default jahummer rocker panel skirts for sale

Originally Posted by jahummer
For anyone interested I am selling my XKR Lunar Grey rocker panels with Mina carbon fiber side splitters already installed. I'll be posting an ad in the classifieds with pics soon.
I'm interested.. post the pix and we can talk privately

Are you installing​ something else?

Old 02-07-2018, 12:27 PM
Received 255 Likes on 108 Posts

I'm toying with the idea of getting the Mina Gallery front splitter but only if it's completely reversible. I'm guessing it is since the listing says it's only held on with double sided tape? Can anyone chime in on how well it holds up over time? Anyone have a pic of one painted to match body color?

Old 02-07-2018, 02:58 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

I've not heard about the Mina one but the OEM XKRS splitter was prone to cracking from knocks and they cant be fixed, from memory. But then the XKRS is lower than the XKR. A service guy was just telling me this week that someone picked up a used XKRS from them and then busted the splitter the next day.

I had the Mina cf vents, like tberg's above. They feel very flimsy because they are very thin, but they are pretty enough and do the job. I didnt have any problem with them.

But because of the issue with cracking, if it was the front splitter I'd just have it wrapped.

Old 02-07-2018, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
I've not heard about the Mina one but the OEM XKRS splitter was prone to cracking from knocks and they cant be fixed, from memory. But then the XKRS is lower than the XKR. A service guy was just telling me this week that someone picked up a used XKRS from them and then busted the splitter the next day.

I had the Mina cf vents, like tberg's above. They feel very flimsy because they are very thin, but they are pretty enough and do the job. I didnt have any problem with them.

But because of the issue with cracking, if it was the front splitter I'd just have it wrapped.
I'm talking about just the little add-on lip like Jahummer has pictured at the beginning of the thread. It doesn't look like it hangs down too much more than stock, so my concern is not so much about how it holds up from scrapes but more about how well it stays on with just double-sided adhesive.

Old 02-07-2018, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

I put the bonnet vents on with double sided sticky and they stayed fine. I think from memory I went and bought extra and I really cleaned it all up first with alcohol because I've had problems with a rear spoiler popping up due to insufficient bond. I ended up having to strip all of the tape and gum off with eucalyptus oil before re-mounting it. Body shops usually have a much better grade of double sided sticky (I'm told).

I'd actually get a body shop to put it on and I wouldnt drive the car for a couple of days to let it bond. Once the bond lifts it is a bitch coz dirt and moisture get under it and then it doesnt stick down, so it is really a matter of getting it right at the outset.

Simon Tan (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 08:46 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,320 Likes on 3,465 Posts
Default The installation is only as good as the prep

The keys to a successful installation using double-sided tape are: (1) the right tape and (2) the right prep.

I bought the Mina Gallery rear spoiler for my XJ. It was a very easy DIY installation. For details and pix, see my post # 3: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...poiler-178752/

As I recall, it came with double-sided 1/2" 3M auto trim tape and 3M adhesion promoter wipes. It is very important to properly clean and prep both surfaces - the trunk lid and spoiler - to insure a good bond. I installed it on April 8, 2015 and have had no problems.

3M automotive trim tapes comes in a variety of widths and lengths. I used this 3M adhesion promoter:

Simon Tan (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 09:09 PM

If you get good adhesion with the automotive tape, is it reversible without messing up the underlying paint?

Old 02-07-2018, 09:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,320 Likes on 3,465 Posts

Originally Posted by Simon Tan
If you get good adhesion with the automotive tape, is it reversible without messing up the underlying paint?
Yes. Use a heat gun or hair dryer to soften the trim and work some dental floss back and forth underneath it to remove the trim. Check YouTube for how-to videos.

Simon Tan (02-07-2018)
Old 02-12-2018, 04:20 PM
Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Car looks great, love the wheels

jahummer (02-12-2018)

Quick Reply: Mina Gallery Carbon Fiber front splitter & side skirts