XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Mina Tonneau update

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2015, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 255 Posts
Default Mina Tonneau update

Hello Mates,
For those of you awaiting the availability of Mina gallery's hard tonneau kit for vert XKs, they are in the final phase of putting a kit together.

"Just getting the hardware kits put together and we will be ready to list them."

Attached Thumbnails Mina Tonneau update-mina-tonneau-kit-pic.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Guille (07-31-2015)
Old 08-04-2015, 08:50 AM
Veteran Member

Is there going to be any interest in this kit?

Old 08-04-2015, 10:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,320 Likes on 3,465 Posts

Probably not from those like me who have Steve's (White XKR) remote top kit, unless that tonneau is compatible with Steve's kit. It doesn't appear to be compatible, but I might be wrong.

I like the design with the retro-look headrests.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

If the soft top can be raised and lowered with the tonneau in place then it is compatible. If it cannot, then it is not.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member

Perhaps Sherbercars (Bernie) will weigh in on this too, but, I believe it can remain in place lid up, or lid (bonnet) down. The full monty will be an added "rear seat" delete kit. This will allow for additional storage, obviously. Also, the tonneau hinges for easy access to this area. If the design is the same as the concept, there is clear panel between the seat headrests to reduce wind buffeting. So, we'll see.....
BTW, I plan to incorporate Steve's kit too. But then, all of this has been beat up in another post.....

Last edited by RedRider48; 08-04-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Depending on the design I would consider the rear seat delete kit but I am not interested in the tonneau cover.

Old 08-04-2015, 02:04 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I might be interested if any more info is available

Old 08-04-2015, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,011 Likes on 1,344 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRider48
Is there going to be any interest in this kit?
I think it looks kind of neat, a 2-seat roadster look, but I'm afraid its not for me.
In a pinch, my wife (who is small) has ridden in the back, and that was doable as I could easily remove the windscreen and stow it in the trunk.
I don't think the tonneau cover has a chance of fitting in the trunk, so I'd be stuck, leaving either a passenger, cargo, or the cover, on the side of the road.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,430 Likes on 3,207 Posts

I wouldn't see the point of a Rear Seat Delete as the seats are already pretty much as thin and unbulky as possible. I'd think any rearrangement would consume MORE room than the seats already do. Besides, where are you going to get matching leather and stitching?

Old 08-04-2015, 04:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,234 Likes on 789 Posts

I will leave my gourgeous 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Convertible in original Jaguar stock condition.

If I were to ever sell the XKR, I believe it would bring more value in it's original form, style and components originally installed when built.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I wouldn't see the point of a Rear Seat Delete as the seats are already pretty much as thin and unbulky as possible. I'd think any rearrangement would consume MORE room than the seats already do. Besides, where are you going to get matching leather and stitching?
As I understood the original concept was to remove the rear seats both bottoms and backs. Then there was a small sub-frame placed on the floor that raised the flat surface to the top of the drive shaft tunnel. Then a flat carpeted panel was placed on top of the floor and also one on the back. There was also the chrome with rubber strips on the floor panel. All carpeting would match front carpets. The only think I didn't like was that the side panels remained and part of the speaker grill was covered. Because of this it looked like add on and not OEM. If these panels were replaced and more integrated I would think it would look pretty good.

Old 08-04-2015, 06:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,430 Likes on 3,207 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
... a flat carpeted panel was placed on top of the floor and also one on the back. There was also the chrome with rubber strips on the floor panel. All carpeting would match front carpets. The only think I didn't like was that the side panels remained and part of the speaker grill was covered....
No thanks, I'll still stick with the premium leather and custom stitching. To paraphrase Earl Bassett from Tremors, "Carpet isn't a plan, Carpet is what you do when a plan Fails."

Old 08-04-2015, 10:05 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagtoes
As I understood the original concept was to remove the rear seats both bottoms and backs. Then there was a small sub-frame placed on the floor that raised the flat surface to the top of the drive shaft tunnel. Then a flat carpeted panel was placed on top of the floor and also one on the back. There was also the chrome with rubber strips on the floor panel. All carpeting would match front carpets. The only think I didn't like was that the side panels remained and part of the speaker grill was covered. Because of this it looked like add on and not OEM. If these panels were replaced and more integrated I would think it would look pretty good.
I agree, regarding the side panels and the speaker treatment. It needs more thought. I do like the idea, of a structured storage area back there, though. Since all of the seat parts are an easily removed, they can be stored until the car is sold. At which time, a determination can be made as to how to proceed, replace the kit with the seats, or not. The fit and materials can easily be duplicated to match the rest of the interior materials. Since I'm a hands-on fabricator type, I see this as a given custom touch.
We'll see......

Old 08-05-2015, 08:22 AM
Received 52 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by RedRider48
I agree, regarding the side panels and the speaker treatment. It needs more thought. I do like the idea, of a structured storage area back there, though. Since all of the seat parts are an easily removed, they can be stored until the car is sold. At which time, a determination can be made as to how to proceed, replace the kit with the seats, or not. The fit and materials can easily be duplicated to match the rest of the interior materials. Since I'm a hands-on fabricator type, I see this as a given custom touch.
We'll see......
I like this idea. I use the backseat area for soft cargo (surprisingly) often. An interchangeable cargo area would definitely lessen the chance of damage to the seat leather.