XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 06:09 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

Everyone cross your fingers...it goes back in tomorrow for sound testing to determine the exact component of chirp!

The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (06-10-2013)
Old 06-10-2013, 12:51 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

I am impatient to know, I wish you the best Ryan.

Lothar52 (06-10-2013)
Old 06-10-2013, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member

I called after several hours and talked to the service manager. They states they were unable to reproduce it today and they have never had trouble in the past. I have told them it returned after 20-30 min of driving and therefore I will be at the dealership tomorrow at 9am to drive it myself with the tech in the car and listening devices on to see if it truely is gone. Several hard accelerations the way i do should reproduce it - as I know it was there a few days ago unmistakeably.

Loth

The following 2 users liked this post by Lothar52:
BlackX300VDP (06-10-2013), jagxk2008 (06-10-2013)
Old 06-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lothar52
I called after several hours and talked to the service manager. They states they were unable to reproduce it today and they have never had trouble in the past. I have told them it returned after 20-30 min of driving and therefore I will be at the dealership tomorrow at 9am to drive it myself with the tech in the car and listening devices on to see if it truely is gone. Several hard accelerations the way i do should reproduce it - as I know it was there a few days ago unmistakeably.

Loth
Not surprised they never could reproduced it. I am sure you will.

If the car was doing the noise when you are alone, maybe you should go alone, maybe one person there and the noise won't come back for some reasons.

All the best for tomorrow.

Old 06-11-2013, 09:31 AM
Veteran Member

UPDATE: I went to dealership. My tech who I initially saw was out with a bad back. So I was with another different tech.

1- noise not reproduced yesterday told to me
2- I told them let me drive it and see if it returns
3- I asked service manager to get in and take it out of garage and I would make sure no cars coming around corner.
4- service manager with tech present gets in car.
5- he puts foot on brake
6- he hits start... What a great engine echo
7- he turns drive selector from P to R with foot on brake
8- car while not moving makes a high pitched CHIRP noise that can be heard throughout the huge garage...that nobody could localize as dealership does not have listening devices- Moreso a stethoscope?
8- everyone looks astonished and bewildered.
9- I inform those present the CHIRP is still present, and I do not need to drive it now to reproduce it.

Loth

Old 06-11-2013, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member

so indeed the monday test with listening device never happened, or the car did not make it cause they could not reproduced it, or when the car did it they did not have the listening device on...

Ryan, I can't say anything, I will try to have the car exchanged myself, as they seems miles away to find what the hell is with this car, it 's a badass car and they seems like little goat trying to investigate....you will judge by yourself pretty soon I guess...with the suite of the work....they lost 2 more days for me...don't want raise fear but, the jag rep etc...are worthless...
Men, your respect towards the corporate is great and i will probably do the same finally with a 140k purchase, but watch your health with such stable run around like this, as anyway the result may be the same, i do not think Jaguar is good at compensating if you want to know my advice, I am unsure if staying so friendly will lead you somewhere indeed.

So the fact the initial guy was not there, they ended up not setting this magic listening device, and then where we go? do you wait until you connect this on the wrong part or then you are investigating closer? they believe in it that much that they did not even set it up, it was for your ears? to listen to on friday as a resolution for Monday?

It could be the chassis, the transmission axle, anything and at that speed process, and investment, either time materiel or efforts is almost 0. It seems like it is going to take for ever. They will need to take this transmission axle out and reset it with new mountings, things like that. Really sorry

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-11-2013 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:05 AM
Veteran Member

Call in Scotland Yard... Really... This whole situation just gets more and more baffling

Loth

Old 06-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Veteran Member

Call in Scotland Yard... Really... This whole situation just gets more and more baffling

Loth
I noticed what was important in cases when a lawyer follows you up is that he acknowledges the whole thing and part of the frustration you are going through, here in that case, it will not happen yet until you contact one, and if they are there it is to push people to do their job correctly, not to mess around the best they can. I hope you don't get pissed off with me, hearing my stuff all the time.

Old 06-11-2013, 10:53 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
I noticed what was important in cases when a lawyer follows you up is that he acknowledges the whole thing and part of the frustration you are going through, here in that case, it will not happen yet until you contact one, and if they are there it is to push people to do their job correctly, not to mess around the best they can. I hope you don't get pissed off with me, hearing my stuff all the time.
+1

jagxk2008 (06-11-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 10:56 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

UPDATE: I went to dealership. My tech who I initially saw was out with a bad back. So I was with another different tech.

1- noise not reproduced yesterday told to me
2- I told them let me drive it and see if it returns
3- I asked service manager to get in and take it out of garage and I would make sure no cars coming around corner.
4- service manager with tech present gets in car.
5- he puts foot on brake
6- he hits start... What a great engine echo
7- he turns drive selector from P to R with foot on brake
8- car while not moving makes a high pitched CHIRP noise that can be heard throughout the huge garage...that nobody could localize as dealership does not have listening devices- Moreso a stethoscope?
8- everyone looks astonished and bewildered.
9- I inform those present the CHIRP is still present, and I do not need to drive it now to reproduce it.

Loth
Dealer: it wasn't suppose to do that! What the f..k

Old 06-11-2013, 11:00 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

5,000 Jaguar bad views on this thread and rising X the number of people that they told about this. Jaguar's reputation is going south. This is taking way too long. I'd be $140,000 pissed.

Last edited by DGL; 06-11-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
5,000 Jaguar bad views on this thread and rising X the number of people that they told about this. Jaguar's reputation is going south. This is taking way too long. I'd me $140,000 pissed.
I will not buy the used land rover, me too i am pissed off like it is almost that i don't want drive my car, or i do not appreciate it knowing this has happened to Ryan.
And yes they should exchange it right away and refund Ryan detail job. So we do not hear about this nightmare anymore.
You know it might be a real major issue. This car is superb but it's also real bad. Nobody in the universe would like to spend even half and get what he is getting, it's a real bummer. It is a bad jaguar!!! and there is no dealership!!!
there is no talks except hiring a lawyer that will talk to them, planing to file the lemon. you 'll help them better this way and nobody will end up with cars like that, who knows there is more they just do not want talk about it. Have you seen the production video, how many parts there is how it is done, lol, this thread will be here in 3 years....the speed is not only within the car but where they should assist the customer and they are so damn slow like it is hard to believe it, i do not know a car to compare the slowness of jaguar customer service, thus the goat inside a field was so well appropriated, and my stethoscope idea.

that kind of issue set a doubts everywhere, in diagnostic they can not carry, repair they can not carry, communications, customer services, gearbox, chassis alu, shocks, no compensation, no resolution, but very polite on the phone, yes.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-11-2013 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

Ryan - my apologies, you may have mentioned this before, but has the "chirp" always been there from the beginning of your ownership?

Also, the chirp - is it more of a "rubber on a basketball court" chirp, or is it a metal sounding chirp? Hope that makes sense...

I still think they should be testing your car with and without load on the rear wheels, under lateral and shifting power applications.

Would be great if you could "record": the chirp for us to hear...

Last edited by rscultho; 06-11-2013 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:51 PM
Veteran Member

Find a lawyer who drives a Lexus.

Old 06-11-2013, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member

The chirp is a very high pitched rubber on a basketball court kind of sound. No way I ever get mad at any of you guys!! Pierre you are the man!!

Ryan

jagxk2008 (06-11-2013)
Old 06-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Veteran Member

Chirp has always been there from beginning just became more frequent this year... Happened when I first got the car and only when using Jaguar Selector from D/P to R and I thought maybe I was not doing it correctly (hindsight I should have known better). When it became more frequent and I noticed it while driving is when I knew it was something wrong with the car.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Veteran Member

Chirp has always been there from beginning just became more frequent this year... Happened when I first got the car and only when using Jaguar Selector from D/P to R and I thought maybe I was not doing it correctly (hindsight I should have known better). When it became more frequent and I noticed it while driving is when I knew it was something wrong with the car.
Even the rear end could be at doubts with this problem. it is hard feeling so powerless and waiting for such loosy results.

They should come with trials where if they don't diagnosed it at least they could change something each time so you got it back with a change, not changing anything cause they do not know where it is coming from, does not sounds a good argument enough.

Do they have a xkr at least there to make some trials? like gearbox will be same, axle, exhaust, clutch, steering ***** (rotules) ?

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-11-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

So sorry for your troubles my man. As long as the dealership is acting the way *you* think they should then at least that makes a positive difference.

After reading all this and following this thread I almost want to take a trip up there and have a go at it myself!!!

Old 06-12-2013, 05:05 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rscultho
So sorry for your troubles my man. As long as the dealership is acting the way *you* think they should then at least that makes a positive difference.

After reading all this and following this thread I almost want to take a trip up there and have a go at it myself!!!
I am sure someone who is familiar with the xk could guide Ryan better, maybe there is not a lot to expect from Byers. Any people in Columbus Ohio or nearby? to meet and give his point of view?

I will visit this dealer at 88 miles myself.

Jaguar Land rover Cincinnatti
Contact Dealer at: 1-888-987-8081
9111 Blue Ash Rd
Cincinnati, OH 45242-7206

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-12-2013 at 05:11 AM.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:25 PM
Veteran Member

UPDATE:

Byers called. They found an emergency brake cable improperly installed in the rear end. They believe this to be the problem as it is remedied and they "have not be able to reproduce the problem"

That being said...

I've been told before that it was fixed. We shall see... But Can you imagine? It was a improperly installed emergency brake cable? Lets hope 3rd time is a charm. I'm hoping this may be the case as it was an awfully weird chirp noise.

Loth

jagxk2008 (06-12-2013)

Quick Reply: My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?