XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013 | 01:05 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lothar52
UPDATE:

Byers called. They found an emergency brake cable improperly installed in the rear end. They believe this to be the problem as it is remedied and they "have not be able to reproduce the problem"

That being said...

I've been told before that it was fixed. We shall see... But Can you imagine? It was a improperly installed emergency brake cable? Lets hope 3rd time is a charm. I'm hoping this may be the case as it was an awfully weird chirp noise.

Loth
Oh yes!!! if it is not the problem we are all going to have a heart attack soon... they 're good at Byers...lol... m' happy bro...

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (06-13-2013)
Old 06-12-2013 | 02:52 PM
|
Veteran Member

A misaligned emergency brake cable was what they are hoping possibly... I pick the car up tomorrow.

Old 06-12-2013 | 02:59 PM
Veteran Member

A misaligned emergency brake cable was what they are hoping possibly... I pick the car up tomorrow.
Ryan, do you use the cover all the time yourself? my garage is not closed, one side is open to a pine tree forest, and i got wind and pollen all the time. but i am lazy with the cover i have.

Lothar52 (06-13-2013)
Old 06-12-2013 | 03:27 PM
|
Veteran Member

I always park mine inside and I try not to use the cover as it can scratch... That being said if I had the car half outside... Cover would be on the whole time!

jagxk2008 (06-12-2013)
Old 06-12-2013 | 03:45 PM
Veteran Member

Christine is gone....

Lothar52 (06-13-2013)
Old 06-12-2013 | 04:56 PM
|
Veteran Member

I miss my Christine... Ugh.... I hope she is fixed!!

Old 06-12-2013 | 05:32 PM
Veteran Member

I miss my Christine... Ugh.... I hope she is fixed!!
I understand, i am sick in advance at letting my car 2-3 days for the paint job. and for the polish job tomorrow.
I hope you will enjoy it now even if there is no compensation, Byers did not offer anything yet i supposed, after all its part of dealer and jaguar responsibility.

called me pushy if you want, but for the 50 days of stress you experienced i believe a compensation of 2 services free (oil change filter etc) up to 350 euros for each service value minimum, will be good. So it be a 700 euros value on next services with Byers, they can contact jaguar representative to get their cooperation too.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-12-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Lothar52 (06-13-2013)
Old 06-12-2013 | 06:42 PM
|
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
I understand, i am sick in advance at letting my car 2-3 days for the paint job. and for the polish job tomorrow.
I hope you will enjoy it now even if there is no compensation, Byers did not offer anything yet i supposed, after all its part of dealer and jaguar responsibility.

called me pushy if you want, but for the 50 days of stress you experienced i believe a compensation of 2 services free (oil change filter etc) up to 350 euros for each service value minimum, will be good. So it be a 700 euros value on next services with Byers, they can contact jaguar representative to get their cooperation too.
In my view I think they should offer Jaguar Select Warranty on this car to stand by the product.. Free of charge.

Old 06-12-2013 | 06:46 PM
Veteran Member

Yes exact! a better way to relieve such long term stress. You plan to ask for it, or do you think they will come out with the idea?
Hopefully they read our posts and will contact you asap to let you know. So this does not go in the water like the listening test devices installation...Maybe calling Jaguar to do the request will work better, upfront so there is no wait or confusion...

Ryan, the 3k detail job to protect the paint, is it like a 3m clear bra you have installed or more like a paint special treatment?

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-12-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Lothar52 (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013 | 08:47 AM
|
Veteran Member

Nobody has said anything regarding time/trouble and neither have I. I figure I should expect nothing unless 3 attempts made. regarding the detail job. Here is the website for detailer:

www.esotericdetail.com

I had 3 things done:

1- The dealership scratched the paint all over the car/or it came scratched from the factory - I think the dealership did it but nonetheless - I had the "PAINT CORRECTED" using serious buffers.

2- After the pain was 97% corrected (nothing is ever 100%) - and had for the most part no more scratches - the ENTIRE front end, rocker panels new to the XKR-S, and rear bumper were wrapped (the 3M type plastic wrap) to protect rock chips and scratches. They did such a good job nobody EVER knows its wrapped - NOBODY. you have to feel with your finger to know that it is wrapped - and it is. Washing those are is like a dream.

3- A final coating of esoteric wax was placed on the entire car giving it an amazing shine. Literally - it was given back to be in the condition of a roped off show car...and that is how I want to keep it.

So...when and if this problem is fixed and I am satisfied over the course of lets say a month that the chirp/chip was indeed a mis/mal-aligned emergency brake cable...It will get the "exotic detail package in July and likely October when I put her to bed. That way she stays nice and waxed. It is expensive - but for what I view my ultimate man love car --- nothing is too good!!

Now... to see if this chirp is finally out of my life and to be happy again...

Loth

UPDATE: Well a family member went to pick up the car this morning as I work till 9pm tonight without a break.... the service manager is out sick, they would be unable to give me any paperwork on the car. Therefore, I was consulted and we agreed to pick the car up tomorrow as long as they would leave it garaged and they agreed to do so. I am NOT picking the car up without specific paperwork that states they are giving me the car back with the problem remedied.

Loth

Old 06-13-2013 | 09:06 AM
Veteran Member

Nobody has said anything regarding time/trouble and neither have I. I figure I should expect nothing unless 3 attempts made. regarding the detail job. Here is the website for detailer:

www.esotericdetail.com

I had 3 things done:

1- The dealership scratched the paint all over the car/or it came scratched from the factory - I think the dealership did it but nonetheless - I had the "PAINT CORRECTED" using serious buffers.

2- After the pain was 97% corrected (nothing is ever 100%) - and had for the most part no more scratches - the ENTIRE front end, rocker panels new to the XKR-S, and rear bumper were wrapped (the 3M type plastic wrap) to protect rock chips and scratches. They did such a good job nobody EVER knows its wrapped - NOBODY. you have to feel with your finger to know that it is wrapped - and it is. Washing those are is like a dream.

3- A final coating of esoteric wax was placed on the entire car giving it an amazing shine. Literally - it was given back to be in the condition of a roped off show car...and that is how I want to keep it.

So...when and if this problem is fixed and I am satisfied over the course of lets say a month that the chirp/chip was indeed a mis/mal-aligned emergency brake cable...It will get the "exotic detail package in July and likely October when I put her to bed. That way she stays nice and waxed. It is expensive - but for what I view my ultimate man love car --- nothing is too good!!

Now... to see if this chirp is finally out of my life and to be happy again...

Loth

UPDATE: Well a family member went to pick up the car this morning as I work till 9pm tonight without a break.... the service manager is out sick, they would be unable to give me any paperwork on the car. Therefore, I was consulted and we agreed to pick the car up tomorrow as long as they would leave it garaged and they agreed to do so. I am NOT picking the car up without specific paperwork that states they are giving me the car back with the problem remedied.

Loth
Excelent, cause under warranty like this you rarely got any paper, you are doing very well! i guess it is 24 hours more to wait but you set up things correctly with them and maybe now they will be very careful servicing your car, my hats off to you Ryan and I do hope they got you something to compensate or jaguar does, or Mike here from the forum could help too, I have not heard from him anymore.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-13-2013 at 09:35 AM.
Old 06-13-2013 | 09:48 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Jaguar
Hello,

My names Mike and I work for Jaguar Land Rover Customer Relations. I have read through this thread and would firstly like to apologise for this issue being unresolved to date.

I see that a technician has been booked to attend your vehicle to have a look over and hopefully repair your vehicle where necessary.

I will be very interested to see the outcome of this. Please could you send me a personal message once this has happened with the end result.

Many Thanks
Hello Mike, I hope you are well, how to ask this, do you think we are wrong speaking about a compensation for Ryan XKRS trouble he had since he bought this car and the stress he went through, is there anything you can do to ask jaguar what will be possible, I am unsure Ryan will actually ask?
sorry Ryan if you find me a bit invasive i just wanted to point it out.

Lothar52 (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013 | 01:32 PM
|
Veteran Member

Hello Mike, I hope you are well, how to ask this, do you think we are wrong speaking about a compensation for Ryan XKRS trouble he had since he bought this car and the stress he went through, is there anything you can do to ask jaguar what will be possible, I am unsure Ryan will actually ask?
sorry Ryan if you find me a bit invasive i just wanted to point it out.
You are right Pierre! I probably would NOT ask... but if Mike wants to forward and Jaguar thinks its appropriate then so be it. Before any compensation would be granted I need to pick the car up tomorrow and drive it around, do the things that used to make the noise to see again if the noise is gone. Honestly they were not 100% sure it would be gone so we still may be dealing with the same situation of a oddity going forward. I dont know when I will trust this problem to be gone...remember I drove it twice and it was gone...then it returned...will it return after driving it 100 times later down the road? I do not trust this oddity because we have NEVER LOCALIZED THE PROBLEM...until MAYBE now...

I was actually called by the head president of the local jag club in columbus, OH yesterday who i meet for the first time at the only car show I went to...he seemed concerned that this was not taken care of nor was any compensation given as of yet (going on 2 months..). He actually suggested I trade the XKRS in and demand a XKRS GT in trade!! I doubt that will happen seriously but lets look at some observations:

1- I have not demanded anything from jaguar but to diagnose and fix my new car with an oddity...I am being a very good customer in that regard not throwing things or screaming at anybody or slapping down demands...though I have discussed on here "lemon law". It was good to hear what other people have been through.

2- I have been very patient.

3- I am well supported from around the world in my concerns, and many of you wonderful enthusiasts believe ive had too patient considering this is Jaguars top of the line product (apart from the new GT)...at times I feel the same but 3 honest attempts is the LAW.

4- I absolutely love this car and think Jaguar products are a top of the line design - They do not make cars for people that need them, they make cars for people that LOVE THEM. I will be getting another Jag and more Jags in the future (notice plural)...unless signifncantly irritated or wronged.

Would it be amazing if Jaguar offered something to me for my time and trouble. Absolutely. The invention of the internet can build a company or destroy it. I want nothing but the best for Jaguar as I will be purchasing more cars from them in the future!!! My love affair with this company is just starting...God help my checkbook. It would be nice, but unless they continue not to fix my car its all I can expect of them at this juncture (and the next update tomorrow).

jagxk2008 (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013 | 04:32 PM
Veteran Member

I may be getting a 2007 Range Rover soon, I am unsure if the "quote" on Mike post, will actually send a message to Mike so I decided to send him a pm.

Lothar52 (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013 | 05:00 PM
|
Veteran Member

tomorrow seems like eternity away.... I NEED TO DRIVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!

jagxk2008 (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013 | 05:03 PM
|
Veteran Member

I may be getting a 2007 Range Rover soon, I am unsure if the "quote" on Mike post, will actually send a message to Mike so I decided to send him a pm.

You are such a good man Pierre...truly my brother!!!

Ryan

Old 06-13-2013 | 09:28 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

tomorrow seems like eternity away.... I NEED TO DRIVE THIS CAR!!!!!!!!!
Good luck tomorrow! I hope they have it fixed for good.

Old 06-14-2013 | 12:46 AM
Veteran Member

You are such a good man Pierre...truly my brother!!!

Ryan
It is nothing asking, but if i do so it is cause i truly think you deserve something real good for compensation. I will be sorry if it does not happened. I am glad doing it. You, while having a real major issue, with a lot of stress, have taught us how to care for cars ... It is real nice seeing the enthusiasm of buyers like yourself but it is definitely not to be abused, more to look at with a clear eye and to help. I wish i was jaguar and i will hook you up with something damn good.

So, thanks to you.

And on top of all, i am unsure if your so gentle attitude is the best, it could too easily be under estimated, that's how i see it.
I removed the image i posted on the jaguar representative, we all need to do an effort, to get out stronger.

p.s it is when i told the detail guy here that you paid 3k for the detail job that he went from 99 to 130 euros....lol...but hey they spent 5 hours on the car it's was pretty good and i am glad to encourage youngs like them. it is a 3 months old business and he learned it with an american.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-14-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 06-14-2013 | 07:36 AM
|
Veteran Member

UPDATE: service manager was still sick but I took the car anyway. No chirps for the first 15 miles....

Then I had to pull over as it said the boot was open. While stopped I put it from P to R and there it was. Chirp!!

It happened a few more times... Specifically just going from P to R going into my driveway...

I am not Happy. The car will remain in my garage for the weekend.

Ryan

Old 06-14-2013 | 08:20 AM
Veteran Member

This is too bad.

Quick Reply: My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?