XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 11:15 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts
Old 06-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar52
Hey Pierre! Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

I went into jaguar dealership yesterday and they put the car up on the rack for me. Took the rear wheels off. I got to see under the car and into the rear wheel wells - VERY COOL. This car is SOLID. He showed me the ebrake line that he had thought was making the chirp...really...I dont know how he even figured out that it was the culprit.

SUCH an AMAZING CAR - WOW...very very well built.

They showed me the gas line as well that was damaged in transit that they fixed prior to delivery.

They showed me the insulation they were going to use to prevent the brake line from rubbing up against the body, and installed it.

So far I have only driven the car from the dealership back home and into the garage. I have not heard a chirp .

Ryan
Ryan

I hope it will be fine now, i got an oil change for the land rover today how cool is the service manager there, they said it was excellent. Indeed i bought it without the control tecnic obligatory, i can't even get the change of name without doing it so I will do it this week, land rover inspected it already ( i saw some guys with lights inspecting under the truck etc, serious deal) while i was only to get an oil change . They recommend me to get a warranty so i asked my insurance if they could, I am broke like a pair of shoes now, but i should be ok soon. I asked the owner if he had any invoices of service no he was second owner he said and he never had too since last service a year ago, maybe it is one of this car that is extra reliable and it had never showed him any error messages. There is a Marocan guy there, he said on the sand it is a jewel.

I hope the badass jag is fine now..and you can enjoy it fully. You really deserve it....yes it is intelligent how it is built.

I want to hear like in a week (if i can say so) if it has not done the famous " Chirp" so I can contact back Mike from Jaguar and see if you will get a goodwill for this stress right at the beginning of ownership like this...damn...I know you probably went through a lot...it's my birthday today i born the same day than Lana del Rey.

Hope not to be too long on your thread, i bought myself a Naish board serie very cheap. I saw Robby Naish in France and i had some picture of him playing with some bananas, and my friend Marc Nieuwbourg was the only one to won a world championship out of Robby. 3 of my friend were world champion. After a good session you feel overspeeding driving at 60 km per hour...Strangly here we had like 135 days of wind on 5 months, and today again, like , it will never end blowing, we have a strange meteo in Spain, cold at night again in end of june. I am enjoying it a lot, Spain has a lot of quality, but is underrated. It's far ahead from other country even if the economy is not great which is the case for the whole Europe anyway.

After the last jag trip, in the shade I opened the hood and added a liter of oil, to let her cool down quietly and washed the front smoothly...
i wanted to show you this video. If you get a land rover, i am going to be pissed off, as mine is a small one lol, i m joking and good for you!!

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-21-2013 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:34 AM
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I know this is kind of after the fact. But I remember reading a thread here or somewhere else about this happening to the early XK's like my 07. I've never had this happen to mine but it seems they would have corrected the problem before it reared it's ugly head again in your car. Or it may be that the tech saw a TSB or read it too concerning the e brake cables. Glad it's fixed, now you can really enjoy your car.

The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (06-22-2013)
Old 06-23-2013, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

Hey guys!! I have been sick all weekend long... Was able to get enough energy to go out and test the XKRS tonight though. I am happy to report no chirp!! Indeed it did not occur!! Just wanted to give everyone an update! I have asked for a few items if goodwill for time, trouble, and stress...but have not heard if they would be willing. The main thing is... The car is FAAANTASTIC!

Ryan

Old 06-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Received 135 Likes on 108 Posts

That is great to hear. Sorry you were sick, get well soon!

Enjoy that sleek ride of yours!

Old 06-24-2013, 04:49 AM
Veteran Member

Hey guys!! I have been sick all weekend long... Was able to get enough energy to go out and test the XKRS tonight though. I am happy to report no chirp!! Indeed it did not occur!! Just wanted to give everyone an update! I have asked for a few items if goodwill for time, trouble, and stress...but have not heard if they would be willing. The main thing is... The car is FAAANTASTIC!

Ryan
Ryan, I will pm Mike as he said so. I am glad the car is working fine, i have been real scared with the Land rover myself and the HDC mode, second time i thought there was a fault and indeed not at all, what a noob but this HDC does a huge noise on the brakes its real rude...but normal. The car is perfect!! I hope yours too, wednesday i am at jag to do the brakes noise i have...4 hours...

I hope you find yourself better.

Email sent!

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-24-2013 at 04:52 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Veteran Member

I cant wait to get the car re-professionally detailed and then cherish it the rest of my life...SO GLAD that this was NOT electrical and not a functional problem with the car. Finally...FINALLY...Oh its such a great feeling!! I need to figure out how to change the thread name to the following: Rear Chirp Noise in XKR-S : SOLVED. I do not know how to do it...can anyone walk me through it? I tried before but it did not work

Loth

Old 06-24-2013, 09:55 AM
Veteran Member

I cant wait to get the car re-professionally detailed and then cherish it the rest of my life...SO GLAD that this was NOT electrical and not a functional problem with the car. Finally...FINALLY...Oh its such a great feeling!! I need to figure out how to change the thread name to the following: Rear Chirp Noise in XKR-S : SOLVED. I do not know how to do it...can anyone walk me through it? I tried before but it did not work

Loth
I think you need to click on "advanced edit" but I am unsure if it actually does change the original title but one title after you clicked, I am in a new detail place for the Land. I hope Jaguar will do something for the stress and that you will enjoy the car for many years...yours.

I am going to take pictures of the range after the detailing.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-24-2013 at 11:58 AM.
Lothar52 (06-28-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

Loth
Mike responded me again very quickly, he was happy for you Ryan and he is contacting Jaguar USA now.

Lothar52 (06-28-2013)
Old 06-28-2013, 09:37 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
Mike responded me again very quickly, he was happy for you Ryan and he is contacting Jaguar USA now.
Hey Pierre! How is my brother? Mike must have contacted Jaguar USA as the next day Jaguar USA contacted me and reached out. I am very happy that Jaguar UK takes such great concern for their customers. This really is a great company!! I think we knew it all along... and I am SO GLAD they did not have to take my the car apart to fix this chirp!! I have been either ill or working but I did get to drive the car for an hour last Sunday after getting the car back a week ago today - no chirp was heard the entire drive. I will be checking the car again this weekend - but feel its likely gone for good! Least I pray!! If not we know what it is which is 99% of the battle! Hope all is well with everyone!

Ryan

Old 06-28-2013, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member

Hey Pierre! How is my brother? Mike must have contacted Jaguar USA as the next day Jaguar USA contacted me and reached out. I am very happy that Jaguar UK takes such great concern for their customers. This really is a great company!! I think we knew it all along... and I am SO GLAD they did not have to take my the car apart to fix this chirp!! I have been either ill or working but I did get to drive the car for an hour last Sunday after getting the car back a week ago today - no chirp was heard the entire drive. I will be checking the car again this weekend - but feel its likely gone for good! Least I pray!! If not we know what it is which is 99% of the battle! Hope all is well with everyone!

Ryan
Hi Ryan!
I am well, I have been taking care of the Range Rover better than myself. I knew I am not good anymore at doing things, everything I touched get worst.
So I took it to a detail place and we also clean one seat, I am ordering some genuine Land Rover stuff on ebay. Been dealing on ebay for 10 years from 2000 under vintageco, recycling antique textile, about 10k transaction without a bad feedback, shipping overseas without tracking...it was great. I stopped 4 years ago.
I will post images of the exterior and interior, it looks like a new Range now.
I drive it more than the jag, it's smoother for my back and allow me to keep a low mileage on the jag. I should follow this service manager , he offered me some front shocks one time ( even him who decided to changed them, how good, lol ) and one part at 500 euros which resolve my xj 2007 facelift problem. This person is outstanding, Francisco de Suay at Jaguar Valencia. I bought a new cover for the xk and she is in sleeping mode now. I will drive the xk once or twice a week for the battery etc...
I am really glad the "badass" xkrs is doing better now, it looks so beautiful, and that Jag USA contacted you, we shall thanks Mike, I hope you got a great Goodwill. And that you drive safely not taking too many risks etc..I remembered what you said about the accelerator pedal. They cleaned the xkr brakes for 2 hours , maybe even 2 ,5 hours Ryan and they did not asked me anything.

I had a lot of fun last time with the jag, I don't know exactly how much time, it was not important, but the acceleration were very enjoying on the 400 km i never fell unsecured, i was maybe desaccelerating well before using the brake engine before the curbs but i was really accelerating too, on the 400 km trip not one second i fell unsafe, or scared, or maybe while i drove over a white Lane/band with you know it was pretty rude and safety noise band, very stiff and i got kind of shaking in the steering and the slip stuff did his job...I always stay well inside the lane, but i was passing and i like sticking on the exterior slowly.
Real nice people in the Land rovers forums. http://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/post387320.html#387320

Take care.
yours

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-28-2013 at 01:26 PM.
Lothar52 (07-01-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 02:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I´m truly amazed reading this discussion. The electric handbrake has been a constant problem since it was introduced in 2003. I believe the XK uses the same system today. To read about a Jaguar Dealership that can not locate this problem more or less instantly is amazing. When they also manage to break a wheel stud on a new car, I´m really wondering if these guys have a clue what theay are doing..... I´m happy that it was all sorted out for you in the end. Take your car to Europe next time. I think we have a bit more knowledge of those cars over here... :-)

Lothar52 (07-01-2013)
Old 06-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Veteran Member

Hey Jaguarlars! Yeah I guess nobody had heard of it over here... Just glad it is over.. Took the XKRS to a F-type test drive function... Was awesome!! Both cars that is. People were excited to drive the F-type and see my XKRS... No chirp still... I believe it's cured!

Old 06-30-2013, 05:02 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the F-Type is a real killer as well as the XKR-S!
IF the sound would come back have them change the electric handbrake motor. It comes with new cables also.

Lothar52 (07-01-2013)
Old 06-30-2013, 07:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jaguarlars
Yeah the F-Type is a real killer as well as the XKR-S!
IF the sound would come back have them change the electric handbrake motor. It comes with new cables also.
It will not have been smarter then to just update this motor simply? Than working with the cables?

Lothar52 (07-01-2013)
Old 06-30-2013, 08:45 AM
Veteran Member

Just wanted to update everybody... Took her out again today and the chirp is still gone. For time and trouble...and moreso stress and anguish, Jaguar USA is looking in to some form of goodwill... Especially because this was a new car. It has not been figured out yet. I had wanted a Jaguar Select Warranty placed on the car however I was informed that its only for used cars. We shall see! Thanks to everyone and Mike at Jaguar UK for all the help and support!!

Ryan

The following 2 users liked this post by Lothar52:
BlackX300VDP (07-01-2013), jagxk2008 (06-30-2013)
Old 06-30-2013, 09:45 AM
Received 4,457 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Loth
Glad to hear this is finally resolved.

Only moderators can edit the thread titles. Send a PM to one of the Mods & ask them to change it.

Lothar52 (07-01-2013)
Old 07-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Just wanted to update everybody... Took her out again today and the chirp is still gone. For time and trouble...and moreso stress and anguish, Jaguar USA is looking in to some form of goodwill... Especially because this was a new car. It has not been figured out yet. I had wanted a Jaguar Select Warranty placed on the car however I was informed that its only for used cars. We shall see! Thanks to everyone and Mike at Jaguar UK for all the help and support!!

Ryan

Ryan, glad to hear it all worked out.

If you go back to the very first post and click EDIT, then click Go Advanced, it should allow you to revise the title of the thread.

Lothar52 (07-01-2013)
Old 07-03-2013, 04:09 AM
Veteran Member

you guys do not have a special book and a good radio on the xkr s it's a pity.
wanted to share this video with you, badass climbing truck...lol..

Last edited by jagxk2008; 07-03-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:53 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Sold my 2011 XKR 175. I'm now looking for a replacement. Was considering the F-type pending the outcome of this thread. I'm glad things worked out. Consequently, a Jaguar replacement is preferred. Jaguar remains a brand on my short list. Took the F-type for a test drive and find it too small; with no luggage room I would struggle with it daily. Will like to pickup a good 2012 XKR-S or 2013 XKR-S or wait for the 2015. Not sure what the 2015 XKR will look like or even if their will be one.

Ryan, do you find any performance and driving differences in the XKR-S compared to the model I sold. I find the front of the 2011 dated and old looking compared to the 2012 and up models. The splitter of the XKR-S makes the grille more modern and the lights are crisper. The 2011 XKR 175, although a limited edition is not comparable to the European XKR 75. The European XKR 75 has a lot of performance enhancements where the XKR 175 is only cosmetic with the aero kit. The XKR-S has it all.

Last edited by DGL; 07-05-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Quick Reply: My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?