XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2013 | 03:46 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lothar52
I suppose once they have used the noise kits to deaden any possible strut/suspension noise those possibilities MUST be looked at. I too have thought about internal problems being the cause because some time it occurs and I don't think the strut/suspension is sufficiently stressed!

Loth
Yes right, It be a good trial first time indeed, trying to update those...I will think...
and also, next time it is better they stayed on the outside... as if they are waiting again to hear the noise from the inside to reproduce a second time for the outside, you are in for a long time...

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-11-2013 at 04:15 AM.
Old 05-11-2013 | 12:21 PM

I remember looking for a noise in a 2000 or 2001 XK conv. We went over and over that car, taking pieces out bit by bit, test driving after each piece. We narrowed it down to when the body flexed the right way the noise would occur. It was like a pop. After removing the interior completely we FINALLY found that one of the pinch welds in the left rear wheelarch where it meets the floor pan must have come apart. We had our body shop run a bead of weld in the area we thought was it. After a couple tries, we got the right spot. I put the car back together and was proud to say it was fixed. It took many tries to get that right.

As far as your car, being such a cool car, I would be more than happy to fix that car if anything was wrong! Heck, I'd be happy working on Jags again period!

Old 05-12-2013 | 09:56 AM
|
Veteran Member

I got a feeling the problem is going to be THAT difficult!!! I just know with how odd this complaint is. Why are you not working for Jags!?!? You sound very knowledgable!!!

Old 05-12-2013 | 10:28 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by BlackX300VDP
I remember looking for a noise in a 2000 or 2001 XK conv. We went over and over that car, taking pieces out bit by bit, test driving after each piece. We narrowed it down to when the body flexed the right way the noise would occur. It was like a pop. After removing the interior completely we FINALLY found that one of the pinch welds in the left rear wheelarch where it meets the floor pan must have come apart. We had our body shop run a bead of weld in the area we thought was it. After a couple tries, we got the right spot. I put the car back together and was proud to say it was fixed. It took many tries to get that right.

As far as your car, being such a cool car, I would be more than happy to fix that car if anything was wrong! Heck, I'd be happy working on Jags again period!
Are you really a jaguar master tech? how long did he takes you? With respect, I did the small chicken screaming to resolve my problem and my car was fixed in less than a week.

Honestly Ryan I think regarding your issue, the dealership calling Jag Uk did very well, not to wait.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-12-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 05-12-2013 | 11:22 AM
|
Veteran Member

I agree but you heard what the man said... They had to tear apart the car!! Driving it around too!! Gentlemen....that makes me damn nervous!!

Old 05-12-2013 | 12:00 PM
|
Veteran Member

I just hope it's fixed with the noise kit... Lets all keep our fingers crossed haha.. Least I will

Old 05-12-2013 | 12:12 PM
Veteran Member

They had to tear apart the car!!
no...i can't believe it...i mean i hope it won't happen in your case, they messed around until they find out yes.
Also with respect to Blackx300vdp, it seems his issue took more than a few months to be resolved while on his own car, loosing patience and passing for "you name it", could also work. Sorry to say so.

Ryan, It seems that you bought the car full price ( it could be the price of 2 homes in las vegas) for your peace of mind, you lost it and now you have to read all these comments, I am sorry, yes let's hope the noise kit will do it or that they already anticipate on what's next to do.

I wait your car is well fixed, and we will do some chronos...lol..how many miles should you wait ? "rodage" I meant how many miles before you can really accelerate...

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-12-2013 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-12-2013 | 02:19 PM
|
Veteran Member

It's the only reason to buy a car new... Peace of Mind... In this case it did not help!

Old 05-12-2013 | 04:48 PM
Veteran Member

You wanted me to share some thaughts when I drive it, when there is moisture the engine is more quiet, its a nice feeling all the time you will see. I went to the beach, then back home and I had a super ride....it was a pleasure...

Old 05-12-2013 | 08:38 PM
|
Veteran Member

Awesome my friend!! Glad you enjoyed it!!!

The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (05-13-2013)
Old 05-12-2013 | 08:38 PM

I got a feeling the problem is going to be THAT difficult!!! I just know with how odd this complaint is. Why are you not working for Jags!?!? You sound very knowledgable!!!

Lothar, thanks. I spent 7 years at a nearby LR Jag dealer as the Jag shop foreman. I enjoyed it very much but the culture at the dealer changed and so on and so forth. I left to come to a LR dealer that is closer to home. They have been good to me thus far. I didn't sign onto this forum while I was at the Jag dealer due to a personal conflict of interest. I spent my whole time at the old dealer as the one calling the shots in the shop. The closest Jag dealer I happened to find my passion for Jaguars at (spent 4.5 years there), but they are not competitive with pay, and the volume of work is not there anymore. Honestly, I am working to get my LR Master status and am actively working towards opening my own JLR specialty shop.

I hope for the best for your XK as it is a stunning machine and I'm sure you will take care of it. Keep us updated on your progress.

Lothar52 (05-13-2013)
Old 05-12-2013 | 08:41 PM
|
Veteran Member

A private JLR shop would be awesome!!!

Old 05-13-2013 | 09:41 AM
|
Veteran Member

Wow..this thread has over 1100 views! Just to let everyone know my chirping XKR-S has the noise kit still on order, and it not in the shop as of yet. I do not know when the noise kit will make it in BUT as soon as they call to bring the car in I will let everyone know AND will keep everyone UTD on what they say, do, and whether or not it fixes the problem. To recap my problem again- just imagine a supersized robin under the back of the car and periodically when you hit the gas (if you go lightly or "progressively" on the throttle it will not occur as much but has occurred as well), or go from P to R or D to R it lets out a nice CHIRP!!! or CHIRP - CHIRP!!! That is my problem - no obvious dysfunction in ride, power, electronic function inside the car, or warning lights in the dash. The engine revs in P awesomely without any chirp as well. I am praying the noise kit helps - we shall see.

Loth

Last edited by Lothar52; 05-13-2013 at 09:43 AM. Reason: revising a thought
jagxk2008 (05-13-2013)
Old 05-13-2013 | 01:16 PM
Veteran Member

I red DGL was waiting the result to buy his F type, I will wait and see to maybe buy a Land Rover.

I fell like If I bought this xkr s ( I could not) , with all respect towards Ryan. His problem has triggered me a lot.

All the best to you Ryan.

I must say, I am sure Ryan will heal and enjoy his car or a new one etc...but for me it is already too long.
With all respect for Ryan. They could fedex this kit at least. (well i am awaiting a fedex package from china and it will take 10 days)

I could trade in my xkr for a xkrs 200 km one (new) it was at 82000 euros in Paris a 2012. But they are the garage not servicing my jag well enough, which leads me struggling for 3-4 months in a foreign country. Here I fell if they were tired to see me at the dealership where it is serviced. I told them, why would i buy a land rover who may comes with more message errors if we are sick and tired already with one jag.

I told them the electrical issues people complained about, (its since 95 there is no electrical issue, on 10 jags i never had one) they never owned a jag, they don't break jag rep, but dealers do!

Its all in the dealer's hands and it is why I will not do it. I trust the cars and less the dealership.
This thread could have 50 000 views and i have doubts it may help the owner.

Personally when the car is not well, I feel so down, its like if i was attacked by a jaguar.
I trust Jaguar Grupo Iberica they saved me once from a very long issue, I had with jaguar Lyon,

Lothar when i had the steering rack floating on my 2007 facelift under constructor warranty, the dealership asked me to come back in 45 days!!! then when it was finally received ( they said it was not available in france while there was plenty in uk) the car was driving bad, we need control arms bushing too ( nobody could diagnose that) I could not drive with a light wind, everyday i was looking if the wind was blowing.... It took me 9 months Ryan. I could not find a dealership able to diagnose it in France.

Grupo Iberica Jaguar in Spain saved my A.. ( Francisco )

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-13-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Lothar52 (05-13-2013)
Old 05-13-2013 | 02:14 PM
|
Veteran Member

You guys have all been very supportive!! I appreciate this!! It has allowed me to get through this with more of a smile.

I want to strongly suggest nobody hold off on buying a jaguar product. This is not about the product. This is not a common problem - i know a few other people with XKR's and XKR-S's who say the quality is much improved and just like Pete says...no electrical problems in 10 jags!

I will continue to purchase and support jaguar for the rest of my life - I just hope this gets fixed sooner rather that later

Thanks again guys!!

Loth

ps- then again if they tell me to shove it they dont know what is wrong and they dont care to fix it or help out in any way...well...I may feel quite differently!!! haha!!

Last edited by Lothar52; 05-13-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: completing a thought
Old 05-13-2013 | 03:05 PM
Veteran Member

You guys have all been very supportive!! I appreciate this!! It has allowed me to get through this with more of a smile.

I want to strongly suggest nobody hold off on buying a jaguar product. This is not about the product. This is not a common problem - i know a few other people with XKR's and XKR-S's who say the quality is much improved and just like Pete says...no electrical problems in 10 jags!

I will continue to purchase and support jaguar for the rest of my life - I just hope this gets fixed sooner rather that later

Thanks again guys!!

Loth

ps- then again if they tell me to shove it they dont know what is wrong and they dont care to fix it or help out in any way...well...I may feel quite differently!!! haha!!
I don't want hijack this thread or break any feelings.

I will stick a post it on the dash board, "please do not abuse the transmission, please if you test the car with kick downs, do not release straight the accelerator pedal, hold it, I do not want get a gear box ruined. Please respect this!"

I will collect as many papers as you can cause normally they do not give any paper work at the end under warranty so request all.

Remember, they do not seems able to fix it, they do not happened to drive these cars a lot either...

Its good to find members on Lothar52 side, I seems aggressive towards jaguar but I love the brand so much, its normal we help a person Like Ryan.

Second attempt i will have look at transmission and selector and or all 4 shocks. What does it cost to send one, if yours is not bad at least this issue was seen..there is things I will never understand. If I was you ( maybe you know perfectly) I will already call a lawyer to know a lot of things, if a "chirp" is legitimate to get a new car if not fixed, how long in time can you tolerate etc.,..the sooner you know, the better it is, on the lawyer side too it is better if he is aware and contacted with a decent time and so he can follow the progress and even help with those.

all this story just need some "anticipating...."

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-13-2013 at 04:09 PM.
Old 05-13-2013 | 09:33 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Everyone who buys a new car with a problem deserves the manufacturer's and dealer's utmost attention. The chirp in Ryan's car could be as simple as a bushing or as severe as a bad weld spot. As I previously said, my interest in purchasing a new F-Type will be flavoured by Ryan's experience. Jaguar needs to address the problem to Ryan's reasonable satisfaction in regard to the severity of the problem and service turn around time. As I previously said, the longer the problem takes to resolve the further I get a way from the F-Type. Consequently, if the cause of the chirp is not found by Jaguar certified technicians within 3 months I will lose faith in the Jaguar brand/customer service. I hope this problem is resolved sooner rather than later.

I know of other members on this forum who've experienced impeccable service from Jaguar--I can't complain myself. So, let's all hope Ryan's problem is resolved promptly and properly as he deserves. I have no reason to believe that Jaguar will not take care of the issue. I'm just a little puzzled why they have not done further investigation into the cause of the chirp to locate it. Service trips, parts being ordered, scheduling etc. takes time.

I would make a tactful telephone call to Jaguar customer service to make sure they are taking the problem seriously. I would also ask to speak to a senior representative and get his/her name to let them know you will like a follow up of the service incident so it is tracked. Ask for a tracking or incident number. Let them know your time is valuable and this car is your pride and joy.

I remain confident this will be resolved soon.

Last edited by DGL; 05-13-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 05-14-2013 | 12:51 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
Everyone who buys a new car with a problem deserves the manufacturer's and dealer's utmost attention. The chirp in Ryan's car could be as simple as a bushing or as severe as a bad weld spot. As I previously said, my interest in purchasing a new F-Type will be flavoured by Ryan's experience. Jaguar needs to address the problem to Ryan's reasonable satisfaction in regard to the severity of the problem and service turn around time. As I previously said, the longer the problem takes to resolve the further I get a way from the F-Type. Consequently, if the cause of the chirp is not found by Jaguar certified technicians within 3 months I will lose faith in the Jaguar brand/customer service. I hope this problem is resolved sooner rather than later.

I know of other members on this forum who've experienced impeccable service from Jaguar--I can't complain myself. So, let's all hope Ryan's problem is resolved promptly and properly as he deserves. I have no reason to believe that Jaguar will not take care of the issue. I'm just a little puzzled why they have not done further investigation into the cause of the chirp to locate it. Service trips, parts being ordered, scheduling etc. takes time.

I would make a tactful telephone call to Jaguar customer service to make sure they are taking the problem seriously. I would also ask to speak to a senior representative and get his/her name to let them know you will like a follow up of the service incident so it is tracked. Ask for a tracking or incident number. Let them know your time is valuable and this car is your pride and joy.

I remain confident this will be resolved soon.
I will call jaguar to let them know I contacted a lawyer to seek help. ( you are still very polite doing so and they are well aware ) this may saved you a lot of trouble later on, and a lot of time. You need a third party involved.

Old 05-14-2013 | 08:14 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
I will call jaguar to let them know I contacted a lawyer to seek help. ( you are still very polite doing so and they are well aware ) this may saved you a lot of trouble later on, and a lot of time. You need a third party involved.
Do not call Jaguar and tell them you have contacted a lawyer! That well be taken as a threat and will do you no good at this stage. It would be immature to say this. Let Jaguar know that your pride and joy is in their care and you're looking forward to being able to fully enjoy it. If the issue is not resolved in a reasonable time or if Jaguar is goofing around (which I can't see happening) then a tactful letter from a lawyer to Jaguar will get senior management involved and the wheels should start turning rather quickly. Take the high road. I would not worry about this at this time. However, I would ask the dealer to do more to ascertain what is causing the problem and let them know you are very concerned your new car has this problem.

Old 05-14-2013 | 08:39 AM
|
Veteran Member

Just called my Jag dealership and the parts are in (noise kit?). Any time I want to bring it in..Now!! Wait let me check...how about tomorrow. What time do you open? 7am. See you at 7am.

If the noise kit does not work I will ask them to do the following... 1- localize with speaker system. 2- regional Jag USA representative? Get me a meeting with him/her ASAP to discuss options.

If it works.. I want to know what they did exactly... And I want to know if its temporary or permanent.

7am tomorrow gentlemen!!!

Ryan

jagxk2008 (05-14-2013)

Quick Reply: My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?