XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 08:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

High road to be taken. No worries on lawyers... I have a few from a previous small business adventure with partners that went sour... NEVER EVER go into business with a partner - own 100% or nothing... It's hard to disagree and or mess over yourself!! ... Just a tip for the day. 2nd tip... Get out when you can how you can no matter what - I did and I'm all the better for it!

Ryan

The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (05-14-2013)
Old 05-14-2013, 01:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar52

If the noise kit does not work I will ask them to do the following... 1- localize with speaker system. 2- regional Jag USA representative? Get me a meeting with him/her ASAP to discuss options.
Its great news they got their kit, let's crossd our fingers they will fix it well.
I did not heard jaguar will have a regional representative, I always thought you do contact them by phone....
For 1, you meant to localize the noise with the speaker system?

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-14-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:20 AM
Veteran Member

3 hours Ryan's Jag is there....all my prayers....

Old 05-15-2013, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member

They believe it to be "dry brakes". They took the suspension coils out and so forth as well. They drove it a mile and said nothing went wrong....only time will tell! I pick her up this evening if I hear a chirp.. It returns! I will keep everyone up to date!

Old 05-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Veteran Member

Btw they had a silver Audi RS 5.... Me likey.....

Old 05-15-2013, 12:10 PM
Veteran Member

They believe it to be "dry brakes". They took the suspension coils out and so forth as well. They drove it a mile and said nothing went wrong....only time will tell! I pick her up this evening if I hear a chirp.. It returns! I will keep everyone up to date!

Makes more sense than struts, as if they already touched as soon as there is a tiny vibration, they squeaks like hell...I am sure its done...

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-15-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 12:33 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Great! I hope works out. Did they install the noise kit? Do you know what the noise kit is? Enjoy that fine machine...

Last edited by DGL; 05-15-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Veteran Member

Ryan,

Check your battery water level, i noticed more than one liter was missing and it was a 2 months old battery... so you do not encounter any other problems. Dealership do not seems to care checking these levels...

Old 05-15-2013, 02:20 PM
Veteran Member

Car picked up... They lubricated the breaks and checked coils, etc. Chirped all the way home on hard acceleration and then even on deceleration. Chirped when I put it from D to R to put it in my garage. Invoice says noise is not present now... It is.

STRIKE ONE.

Call has been put in to dealership to let them know it was returned fixed with same problem. That being said brakes are much smoother...:/

Ryan

Old 05-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Veteran Member

The invoice says replaced bushings... Noise still present... Then says removed rear brakes (they greased them)... Noise no longer present. Flipping chirped all the way home! Unreal!!!

Old 05-15-2013, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member

So they really do not know what they are doing. So sorry to hear that.
I will call jaguar US headquarters and a lawyer.

Old 05-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Veteran Member

Called dealership and left message that on way home it chirped... Awaiting their advise. Beside myself really... what can ya do . What else could it be?!?!?

Old 05-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Veteran Member

Not really awaiting their advise... Just want to talk to service representative to determine next step. Car is in my garage.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member

He called and left a message.. I have cheered up now myself...Poor service guy sounded sincerely depressed! Oh well... This too shall pass

Ryan

Old 05-16-2013, 05:47 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

He called and left a message.. I have cheered up now myself...Poor service guy sounded sincerely depressed! Oh well... This too shall pass

Ryan
I'd like to know how you "grease" the brakes...that's a new one on me. If they are referring to the caliper bolts maybe...anything else...no.

Grease the brakes???

Ryan...you may or may not be able to do this next thing, or maybe the dealer has?

All of your tests have been with the weight of the car on the wheels?...correct? Did they try and reproduce this sound with the car (1) fully off the ground, (2) Front wheels normally weighted, both back wheels off the ground...?

Obviously the tell-tale sign here is the torsional stress put on the car when:
(1) Get into the car it chirped...and in considering this one symptom, this says it doesn't take much stress to cause the sound.
(2) Move into different drive selections...this again puts a small amount of torsional stress on certain parts and power is applied to the drive train.
(3) Chirp occurs under hard acceleration...which again puts some torsional stress on the body and parts, but because the chirp happens without power applied this symptom does not mean it is specifically a part in the drive train, it just means this is another way of creating torsional stress on the body of the car.

Just sounds like it is a mount point somewhere for a part. As Black pointed out in an earlier post, the only way to find this will probably be to start removing parts until the culprit is found!!!

I can sympathize with what you are going through with this. It must be extremely frustrating!!

Last edited by rscultho; 05-16-2013 at 05:52 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:56 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rscultho
I'd like to know how you "grease" the brakes...that's a new one on me. If they are referring to the caliper bolts maybe...anything else...no.

Grease the brakes???

Ryan...you may or may not be able to do this next thing, or maybe the dealer has?

All of your tests have been with the weight of the car on the wheels?...correct? Did they try and reproduce this sound with the car (1) fully off the ground, (2) Front wheels normally weighted, both back wheels off the ground...?

Obviously the tell-tale sign here is the torsional stress put on the car when:
(1) Get into the car it chirped...and in considering this one symptom, this says it doesn't take much stress to cause the sound.
(2) Move into different drive selections...this again puts a small amount of torsional stress on certain parts and power is applied to the drive train.
(3) Chirp occurs under hard acceleration...which again puts some torsional stress on the body and parts, but because the chirp happens without power applied this symptom does not mean it is specifically a part in the drive train, it just means this is another way of creating torsional stress on the body of the car.

Just sounds like it is a mount point somewhere for a part. As Black pointed out in an earlier post, the only way to find this will probably be to start removing parts until the culprit is found!!!

I can sympathize with what you are going through with this. It must be extremely frustrating!!
Yes really all mountings, and the noise recorded may help to localize from where it is coming from. I found a plastic part on top of dashboard squeaking bad too, a shocks has his own noise, each parts has his noise associated.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-16-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:24 AM
Veteran Member

Thanks alot for the advise guys!! I agree it seems to be when some form of torsional stress occurs. When it is a positive stress of acceleration it occurs... Even a decrease in the stress will cause it. Occasionally after the chirp occurs with hard acceleration when I take my foot off the gas it will occur again ... I'd hard acceleration to no acceleration. Makes sense it likes to occur when drive selections ate made as it does apply some stress to the drivetrain as well... What is odd is the one falling into the car time...and a few times it did it slowly backing up 1-2 seconds after I had had it in reverse. that being said,.,when a stress occurs a chirp can occur... Specifically when it's sudden. Definitely frustrated....I think they are going to need to get a xkr-s tech from UK to come in and take the car apart!

Ryan

Old 05-16-2013, 06:37 AM
Veteran Member

They have not told me, but I do NOT believe they have offloaded the suspension. If it was offloaded - and it did so withotu stressing the coils/springs...would that tell us something? What would that tell us?

Loth

Last edited by Lothar52; 05-16-2013 at 09:32 AM. Reason: Complete edit as my thought was not complete
Old 05-16-2013, 09:19 AM
Veteran Member

Just got off phone with tech. They did NOT grease the brakes lol. Just the working parts of the brakes . They are going to call Jaguar UK and tell them they need help. They are also going to allow me to have a teleconference with some form of "representative" in the local area. At that meeting I suppose we are going to discuss a gameplan regarding the car.

Honestly - Something "internal" is wrong with this car - They are going to HAVE to take this car apart...and quite honestly - I have an issue with that - because when that happens I paid FULL PRICE for a REFURBISHED CAR. That is my issue, not the problem itself/the dealership. Its a lemon type problem that nobody knows what is going on. That dont even know where to start (No other XK has ever had this exact problem from what ive heard).

If it was not for this chirp problem and the complexity of it - FANTASTIC CAR OVERALL. BAR NONE.. I'd recommend it to anyway who wants a great feeling car (Yes it feels great...Suspension or coils/struts? I just feel they are working fine - no issue going over BUMPS/Rough Terrain - NO CHIRP. That being said I do NOT know why it chirped getting in the car that one time) with unlimited power (Great engine...doubt its that as well) and the best exhaust note ever for growl. I just want what I paid for - its not unreasonable - If father time and/or myself caused this common problem (by improper driving etc) - I would not be as frustrated. Something came off the line wrong - and its internal. My guess is its the between the engine and the wheels - The Drivetrain?

Loth

Last edited by Lothar52; 05-16-2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Finishing Thought, Adding a Thought, Correcting Bad Typing
Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

Honestly, I talked to jag so many times, the representatives, I am sorry to say so but it is like if you were to call a group of goat in a nice prairie eating weed...you really need to be firm and have them change update tuff parts, and agree, if not you are in the prairie for a few weeks with them...

It should not end up to be refurbished if they ever knew something....As to call a uk tecnician i do have doubts this will resolve it, sorry to be so so... today....its for you after all. I know the emotions involved when a car is being mis diagnosed like this and you cant see clearly, you can be happy suddenly for anything they will say or try to do etc...but i won't. I know its we do the minimum with the much time possible and we let you struggle, sorry Ryan. I hope they could read this.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-16-2013 at 09:39 AM.

Quick Reply: My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?