XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

I LOVE the thought about the mount point for a part - I totally think you are on to something rscultho!!! That could very well be it!

"Just sounds like it is a mount point somewhere for a part. As Black pointed out in an earlier post, the only way to find this will probably be to start removing parts until the culprit is found!!!"

AMEN!! Ugh...

Loth

Old 05-16-2013, 09:47 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
Honestly, I talked to jag so many times, the representatives, I am sorry to say so but it is like if you were to call a group of goat in a nice prairie eating weed...you really need to be firm and have them change update tuff parts, and agree, if not you are in the prairie for a few weeks with them...

It should not end up to be refurbished if they ever knew something....As to call a uk tecnician i do have doubts this will resolve it, sorry to be so so... today....its for you after all. I know the emotions involved when a car is being mis diagnosed like this and you cant see clearly, you can be happy suddenly for anything they will say or try to do etc...but i won't. I know its we do the minimum with the much time possible and we let you struggle, sorry Ryan. I hope they could read this.
I totally agree Pete. Not interested in a run-around. This teleconference is to determine if their gameplan is satisfactory - as well as to determine if they have a gameplan.

Ryan

Old 05-16-2013, 09:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar52
I totally agree Pete. Not interested in a run-around. This teleconference is to determine if their gameplan is satisfactory - as well as to determine if they have a gameplan.

Ryan
You are too good Ryan, that is why I was saying so...they will make you sleep, with a few details which you will agree and be happy and in 5 weeks you' re still there, I see you and them coming like the last moon... Tell them to start selling small chocolate bread if they can't fix it and assume it. Or to exchange the car right away!!!

Which plan, for a run-aroudn it be easy yes, but to fix it, its something else. I will only ask this:

How long will you let me struggle until you exchange the car, is it qualify for a lemon, are we at the second attempt already? so they have only one left, what are they planning to do for the last trial, as if they don't plan anything tuff, it is cause, you won't be qualify for a lemon with a chirp maybe...so they will be lengthy like hell... Why I healed from my 9 months run around it is cause i had my friend in La helping me out and trying to explain all and talking straight to me, if not i will have taken it again worst.

And i do not want break your relation with them, its my thoughts and i am responsible for what I write.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-16-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:39 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

They have not told me, but I do NOT believe they have offloaded the suspension. If it was offloaded - and it did so withotu stressing the coils/springs...would that tell us something? What would that tell us?

Loth
Leaving the front wheels on the ground, if you took the weight of the car off of the back wheels and you applied power and you still get the chirp, you are effectively eliminating the suspension system and their connections from the list of suspect parts. Assuming that the sound is definitely emanating from the rear of the car then the only things remaining are weld joints in the aluminum monocoque and specific drive train parts (driveshaft, universal joints, differential, internal axle parts, bearings).

If you did this and you did *not* get the chirp, then you would effectively still be applying torsional stress to the body of the car, and in doing so would eliminate weld joints in the aluminum monocoque as the cause; you would also be eliminating the drive train as the cause. The only things left are the suspension components and the wheels.

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (05-16-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by rscultho
Leaving the front wheels on the ground, if you took the weight of the car off of the back wheels and you applied power and you still get the chirp, you are effectively eliminating the suspension system and their connections from the list of suspect parts. Assuming that the sound is definitely emanating from the rear of the car then the only things remaining are weld joints in the aluminum monocoque and specific drive train parts (driveshaft, universal joints, differential, internal axle parts, bearings).

If you did this and you did *not* get the chirp, then you would effectively still be applying torsional stress to the body of the car, and in doing so would eliminate weld joints in the aluminum monocoque as the cause; you would also be eliminating the drive train as the cause. The only things left are the suspension components and the wheels.
And the question that comes to mind is...why arent you fixing my XKR-S instead of the Jag Tech!!! HAHAA!!! Thanks buddy!!

Loth

Old 05-16-2013, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

And the question that comes to mind is...why arent you fixing my XKR-S instead of the Jag Tech!!! HAHAA!!! Thanks buddy!!

Loth
Ha ha indeed!

I'd be willing to bet a beer that if you left the front wheels on the ground and took the back wheels off the ground and applied power, changed the gear selector, whatever, you would never hear the chirp...

Old 05-16-2013, 02:25 PM
Veteran Member

You are too good Ryan, that is why I was saying so...they will make you sleep, with a few details which you will agree and be happy and in 5 weeks you' re still there, I see you and them coming like the last moon... Tell them to start selling small chocolate bread if they can't fix it and assume it. Or to exchange the car right away!!!

Which plan, for a run-aroudn it be easy yes, but to fix it, its something else. I will only ask this:

How long will you let me struggle until you exchange the car, is it qualify for a lemon, are we at the second attempt already? so they have only one left, what are they planning to do for the last trial, as if they don't plan anything tuff, it is cause, you won't be qualify for a lemon with a chirp maybe...so they will be lengthy like hell... Why I healed from my 9 months run around it is cause i had my friend in La helping me out and trying to explain all and talking straight to me, if not i will have taken it again worst.

And i do not want break your relation with them, its my thoughts and i am responsible for what I write.
Well I hope it doesnt get to that..hopefully they will put it up in the air and start figuring out exactly where the sound is coming from and then find out what needs fixed. All my fingers are crossed and I am truly grateful that this board is very supportive of me!! I need to find out when I can take it back in.

Loth

Old 05-16-2013, 08:39 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Tell the dealer to keep the car until fixed. Give you a courtesy car until it is completely fixed, keep you updated on the progress, or lack of progress daily. If your car can't be fixed in 3 more weeks you want a new replacement available by the end of the month. You need some concrete direction. This can't keep going on. Let them know the more your car is in the shop the less valuable your car becomes--no one wants a problem car. Jaguar needs to give you customer service. I would ask the tough questions. What if the car is not fixed after a month, etc.? If you are not happy with the answers I would have a lawyer send Jaguar senior management, USA, a letter of customer dissatisfaction and available remedies you have. Once this issue gets senior management attention you will get answers and Jaguar will do whatever possible to correct the problem. Hopefully no further legal action will be necessary. Jaguar, USA, senior management needs to be involved from this time forward or your just goofing around at the dealer level.

Lothar52 (05-22-2013)
Old 05-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Veteran Member

Message left... They called the factory rep and he is researching the problem. I will know when my dealer knows what they found.

Old 05-17-2013, 12:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure the sound is comming from the rear wheels?

My car has a chirp that occurs when my son is sat in the back seat and I hit a speed bump or accelerate/brake hard. As best as I can tell the sound is actually coming from the back seat. If I grab the backrest and wiggle it I can hear the sound.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Veteran Member

It's def outside the car...

Old 05-17-2013, 01:57 PM
Veteran Member

Ryan,
when do you bring the car back in?

Old 05-17-2013, 02:04 PM
Veteran Member

Ryan,
when do you bring the car back in?
No word yet...getting a little irritated

Ryan

Old 05-17-2013, 02:11 PM
Veteran Member

No word yet...getting a little irritated

Ryan
Howcome, they are so slow? they are waiting the days passing by hoping the solution pop in their head or what? did you called the Jaguar senior management as DGL was advising ?

you're not in such trust to let the car there and ask a jaguar courtesy and wait.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-17-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 05-17-2013, 06:04 PM
Veteran Member

Howcome, they are so slow? they are waiting the days passing by hoping the solution pop in their head or what? did you called the Jaguar senior management as DGL was advising ?

you're not in such trust to let the car there and ask a jaguar courtesy and wait.
No idea - They did not get back with me today. They said they would call as soon as they heard back from tech support in England.

Loth

Old 05-17-2013, 06:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,210 Likes on 916 Posts

DGL has given you very good advice. I would follow it!!

Old 05-17-2013, 06:08 PM
Veteran Member

No idea - They did not get back with me today. They said they would call as soon as they heard back from tech support in England.

Loth
Ya, hang on tied Ryan, use a cover for the prairie the weed is wet at night...

really sorry to hear this. You've never been tempted to post an image of the beast? no chance to record the chirp yet.

really I wish you all the best, i never heard a car not being fixed. Sorry if i spoke too fast earlier.

Old 05-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Veteran Member

Actually they did call my home phone and leave a message. The dealer said the representative is going to get back with me to arrange a meeting and they heard from tech support that they want "another" tech to see it sometime next week. Least they called!! Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this. DGL did give great advise and the representative needs to know what my expectations are and have a plan to meet them. Come on if this was a honda accord... THIS IS A XKR-S!! BEST JAG EVER!!! (Until the F-Type RS). Still will be the sportiest GT Jag crusier ever in my opinion no matter they do with the F-Type. When they luxurize the XK series and its just a cruiser...this will be a keeper!! And that is just what I plan to do - no trade in for me.

Loth

Old 05-19-2013, 07:04 AM
Veteran Member

Excited to take my car, chirp and all, to a jag meet. May see what others think as well. Apart from the company throwing up their arms and asking me to live with it... It will get fixed- and when it does it will still be a special one owner car... I love this car , I love Jaguar, and I love the support Pete and everyone else has given me on here... I'm gonna listen to some Johnny Cash.... It's going to be OK

Old 05-19-2013, 08:03 AM
Veteran Member

Excited to take my car, chirp and all, to a jag meet. May see what others think as well. Apart from the company throwing up their arms and asking me to live with it... It will get fixed- and when it does it will still be a special one owner car... I love this car , I love Jaguar, and I love the support Pete and everyone else has given me on here... I'm gonna listen to some Johnny Cash.... It's going to be OK

Hello Ryan,
Who asked you to live with it? (Quand meme!!) french sentence for ...

We are likely going to buy car better and newer each time and this is interesting for all of us.

I will have a nice drink when the XKR S is Fixed!!

What ever it is that disturbed the owner driver, it should be fixed. If it could be recorded there is no doubts you may find more help in this forum than with the ...

I must be careful to what I say as some already told me on the phone i was really not kind....so i speak with nice images now...

It is sad when new car are delivered like this, I red an earlier thread here were the person was mad, I do not think we should ever blamed him, look at me, i am noob at mecanics, it will take me a long time to have 1 or 2 little problems fixed. It is not something you want when you buy a new car and it seems the car sat there for months and since they are new, they seems not to care at all, i bet you the alignment is bad on 30% of new cars, and they do come with problems, it is simple i often see car with a broken part being new, or with a stolen ashtray or cigarette lighter during one of their expo. Things evolved and the dealership do not seems to acknowlegde it.

Mine had 7000 miles, a bad bushing, a bad alignment, no services for 24 months, and some rusty exhaust valves. I anticipated and change the battery, they charged the old one but ...It has costed me a dispute with the dealership in another country, going there maybe 8 times, in 4 months. Maybe they think i am in with this car for 10 years, it is not true, i changed every 1-2 years, it is already 15-20% of the time owning it. My guess is that the dealership has his own life and the intensity of the relation with Jaguar drop. Some are half minded people (like those going in association as you mentioned) and we are getting a dilution of a service we should get, until we got mad and pass for idiots.

Maybe we are there simply with some people that just can not tell you thank you, so they end up with a dispute as you tried your best to encourage them, this is the return. It is like when you lend money to somebody and end up in a dispute. Have you seen this thread about another xkr? it was closed.

I remember the service at Jaguar Haron, Ryan in Fresno. Well I can not say it was cheap, but you will not imagine. 4 cars 4 super tecnicians, i can recognize at 1 mile a good jaguar technician.

http://www.haronjaguar.net/index.htm

The same owner must be there again, when i bought a xj6 95 at 24k? it was my second jag in 2000, they were 6 persons around the car. And they told me you are going to love this car. I was like...and it happened to be the best jaguar i have ever owned. The engine when i was doing some kicks down was scaring the hell of myself like a lightning noise. I never could get used to it really not to feel ... and the grip of this car was like, the more i accelerate the more i can turn, almost no limits....I ended up at BMCD on van ness sf, trading it, Vincent Gold told me, damn the body and paint, it was in bad shape... they found a buyer for 8k and sold me a 97 navy blue, super color but i could not enjoy it like the Fresno Haron 95. The six cylinder inline.

Lou was the service manager at that time, and a super guy. One day i asked him, what is going on with this engine, he said pierre in one year i am retired.
i remember he went working for bmw a few months, he came back, he was freaking...he told me, the people driving bmw and mercedes , they just can't be compared to jaguar drivers.
This apart, all tecnicians were talented there and passionated cause it is what missing, nowdays, the passion.

It is simple, you want me to tell you, when i was out of Fresno Haron service, i fell i had an helicopter in my hands, the engine was smooth like hell, i was to forget any exist supposed to take! cause the car was too enjoyable to drive and goes like ......

if i will be buying a us jag it will be the only place to shop for jags.
from sd to northen cali, and since i kept showing up at the rosebowl once a month to sell stuff to designers, i was crossing cali every months at least twice...

Haron has one xkr s maybe they are good to contact about your car Ryan.
http://www.haronjaguar.net/used/Jagu...df8efd44f0.htm

Attached Thumbnails My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?-groupofgoatsforfullblo.jpg  

Last edited by jagxk2008; 06-14-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Lothar52 (05-22-2013)

Quick Reply: My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?