XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

The boys at the British car show all thought it sounded like springs or bad brakes... I know it was a hit at the show!! 2 Aston Martin vantages there and everyone wanted to see my XKRS

The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (05-19-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member

I love you Pierre!! You are my brother!! I wish I could have a drink with you once my XKRS no longer chirps .

Old 05-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar52
I love you Pierre!! You are my brother!! I wish I could have a drink with you once my XKRS no longer chirps .
And you got the perfect jaguar spirit, I wish you all the best Ryan.
It's cool when there is some members like yourself on board.
Thank you, you're bringing a lot here with your support.
Much love to you Ryan.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-19-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:57 PM
Veteran Member

The boys at the British car show all thought it sounded like springs or bad brakes... I know it was a hit at the show!! 2 Aston Martin vantages there and everyone wanted to see my XKRS
Do they plan to change the springs at least per pair?

Old 05-20-2013, 06:27 AM
Veteran Member

Well the bad breaks or springs statement just came from the other jag owners at the car show I really have no idea what my dealership is going to do because they say the brakes and suspension are fine.... My dealership said a field tech will be in around 2 weeks...

Old 05-20-2013, 06:28 AM
Veteran Member

So until then, I have no answers.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:00 AM
Veteran Member

And until then...2 weeks... I must wait. Not happy about it really.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:45 AM
Veteran Member

And until then...2 weeks... I must wait. Not happy about it really.
Hi Ryan, I can understand it seems very long 2 weeks, but on the other hand, if they ever fixed it for real in 2 weeks, it will be not too bad maybe. You probably getting a good tecnician cause of the xkrs brand new. In France they were like 10-15 weeks or more to wait for a technician (overbooked), even if my case is not to be compared. Sure they will go back and change shocks if he finally believed its coming from there, or any mountings.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-20-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member

Not much I can do but become "the problem" if you know what I mean. I will do it their way unless it continues to not be resolved.

Old 05-20-2013, 08:54 AM
Veteran Member

Not much I can do but become "the problem" if you know what I mean. I will do it their way unless it continues to not be resolved.
it's truly how they make us feel. Let's hope he fixed it, or if he need another trial, then that you do not have to wait another 2 weeks.
That's is why it is good to call them asap too. it's too often a matter of time.

I hope the best for you Ryan. it does not sound this will alter other parts etc...once it is diagnosed and fixed. It will alter your mind yes, again sorry.

Old 05-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE=Lothar52;725883]3- and this is the kicker... Car off, and I go to sit down into the cat and I'm lazy and I forcefully slam my butt into the seat and "beep!". Be getting into the car was a jolt to it(?!?)

Originally Posted by Skeeter
Yeah, same thought... Des the 'beep' sound at all like the parking/proximity alert beep? That'd narrow it down a bit.
If your butt is setting off proximity alarms, maybe you should cut down on the deep fried foods! Maybe the beeps will go away then.

Lothar52 (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 11:21 AM
Veteran Member

[QUOTE=GritsNCornbread;740430]
3- and this is the kicker... Car off, and I go to sit down into the cat and I'm lazy and I forcefully slam my butt into the seat and "beep!". Be getting into the car was a jolt to it(?!?)

If your butt is setting off proximity alarms, maybe you should cut down on the deep fried foods! Maybe the beeps will go away then.

I never liked the shocks on speed bump, I guess Jaguar has to improve here.
its like the steering feel of the x350 on paved roads, it's worth 0

GritsNCornbread, thanks for your intro, it makes your response easier to understand, I personally decided to forward my insolence towards jaguar cars and i will not regret it, some like the xkrs and can pay 130k, some like the karaoke...

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-20-2013 at 11:37 AM.
Lothar52 (05-20-2013)
Old 05-20-2013, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

Only those who can send love, are way above the crowd..... i learned this from the best breeders, from tuff people.

Lothar52 (05-20-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member

I have just been made aware that a customer representative of JLR is monitoring the events of this case/thread so to speak. I hope he will comment here in the future.

I view the XKR-S as the pinnacle jaguar cruiser - its downright gorgeous and will continue to be viewed as such regardless of age due to 1- its rarity, 2-... its downright gorgeous. I spent over 3000 dollars (top 9 auto detailer in the states who specializes in exotics/ferrari's) when I received the car in Sept 2012 from the factory new to have the paint corrected- its special to me and will continue to be special.

People in the US (likely anywhere else as well) do NOT buy jags unless they have a passion for cars - unless they want something special that makes them smile every day - that feeling of pride with ownership. When I was at the car show this last weekend with the XKR-S everyone there was an enthusiast - and they all LOVED IT. They all wanted it much more that the 2 aston martin vantages. I was embarrased when it chirped a few times but still kept smiling...To sum up the boards conversations so far:

1- Chirp (sounds just like a high pitched bird chirp) occurred from the factory - I thought maybe i was using the drive selector wrong as initially it only occurred from going from D to R or P to D or P to R when stopped. That was the only time I noticed it and I thought I was being too slow switching the selector.

2- Around 500 miles on the odometer one day I heard the same chirp with hard acceloration from stop. Also around that time I heard it once getting into the seat forcefully with the car off (this has only occurred once however where the other times it has occurred multiple times - it was also odd for everyone to think I could reproduce this with the car off!). t took it to the dealer that day and was able to reproduce it going from P to R and slowly backing up (a chirp that echoed throughout the dealership it was so loud!). They heard it, but have been unable to localize it as it is reproducible but not 100% consistent - ie sometimes you will be able to put it from P to R and it does not happen.

3- I took the car over a few days later to the dealership - they said they adjusted everything and the chirp was still there so they ordered a "noise kit" - week later it came in and I took the car in the next morning - they had the car from the morning till mid-late afternoon. They said they fixed it and they thought the rear brakes just needed some greasing after taking them off as they took a look at everything and it looked amazing under the car (very clean they said). They said they had driven the car about a mile to make sure there was no chirps and it was gone. I picked the car up and when driving the car home the following happened.

A- It chirped on hard accleration and with letting off the acceleration.

B- It chirped going from P-R backing into the driveway/garage.

I immediately called the dealership to let them know of the ongoing problem and they apologized. The dealership has been very cordial and understanding with me. I have no complaints regarding the service. They are baffled, again, as this problem as never occurred before.

It is a wild problem - and what is frustrating is that it is reproducible but not 100% consistent. Its consistent when you do something like hard acceleration but its hard to be right there with a moving vehicle. Nonetheless currently I am waiting for a field tech. They said about 2 weeks, a little less than 1 week ago. Initially I was upset at the timeframe but the more I think about it the more I understand that it takes time to get the right people where they need to be if a schedule is full etc. Many think that it is a brake... Jaguar dealership has looked at the brakes and say they appear fine? As of yet, the exact source remains a mystery.

Interestingly there were some hardcore jag owners at this meet last weekend...some who even work on jags themselves were at the meet and invited me back to their "barn" where they have several older jags stored (E-type etc). We sat around and talked for quite a while then i reproduced the problem for them. They all thought it did not sound "serious" and likely was the rear brakes....but then every one of them looked me in the eye and said - "its damn annoying!"

Loth

Last edited by Lothar52; 05-22-2013 at 09:57 AM. Reason: finish the post.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:42 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hello,

My names Mike and I work for Jaguar Land Rover Customer Relations. I have read through this thread and would firstly like to apologise for this issue being unresolved to date.

I see that a technician has been booked to attend your vehicle to have a look over and hopefully repair your vehicle where necessary.

I will be very interested to see the outcome of this. Please could you send me a personal message once this has happened with the end result.

Many Thanks

I have just been made aware that a customer representative of JLR is monitoring the events of this case so to speak. I hope he will comment here in the future.

I view the XKR-S as the pinnacle jaguar cruiser - its downright gorgeous and will continue to be viewed as such regardless of age due to 1- its rarity, 2- its downright gorgeous. I spent over 3000 dollars when I received the car in Sept 2012 from the factory new to have the paint corrected- its special to me and will continue to be special.

People in the US do NOT buy jags unless they have a passion for cars - unless they want something special that makes them smile every day - that feeling of pride with ownership. When I was at the car show this last weekend with the XKR-S everyone there was an enthusiast - and they all LOVED IT. They all wanted it much more that the 2 aston martin vantages. I was embarrased when it chirped a few times but nobody thought it sounded serious - as stated most thought it must be a break as it is external and located in the rear (somewhere). To sum up the boards conversations so far:

1- Chirp (sounds just like a high pitched bird chirp) occurred from the factory - I thought maybe i was using the drive selector wrong as initially it only occurred from going from D to R or P to D or P to R when stopped. That was the only time I noticed it and I thought I was being too slow getting switching the selector.

2- Around 500 miles on the odometer one day I heard the same chirp hitting the accelorator. Also around that time I heard it once getting into the seat roughly (this has only occurred once however where the other times it has occurred multiple times). It took it to the dealer that day and was able to reproduce it going from P to R and slowly backing up (a chirp that echoed throughout the dealership it was so loud!). They heard it, recorded it, but have been unable to localize it as it is reproducible but not 100% consistent - ie sometimes you will be able to put it from P to R and it does not happen.

3- I took the car over a few days later to the dealership - they said they adjusted everything and the chips was still there so they ordered a noise kit - week later it came in and I took the car in the next morning - they had the car from the morning till mid-late afternoon. They said they fixed it and they thought the rear brakes just needed some greasing after taking them off as they took a look at everything and it looked amazing under the car (very clean they said). I picked the car up and when driving the car home the following happened.

The following 2 users liked this post by CRC@Jaguar:
jagxk2008 (05-22-2013), Lothar52 (05-22-2013)
Old 05-22-2013, 04:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mike@Jaguar
Hello,

My names Mike and I work for Jaguar Land Rover Customer Relations. I have read through this thread and would firstly like to apologise for this issue being unresolved to date.

I see that a technician has been booked to attend your vehicle to have a look over and hopefully repair your vehicle where necessary.

I will be very interested to see the outcome of this. Please could you send me a personal message once this has happened with the end result.

Many Thanks
Thanks for the apology Mike. Hopefully they just find the cause ASAP, eliminate it, and allow me to enjoy my XKR-S without the annoying extra noise The tech that is coming out, is he from coventry or a US tech? Do you have any idea of his credentials in your system??

Ryan

Old 05-22-2013, 04:48 PM
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't know if this suggestion has been brought up here, but I'll try.

Does the car has an electric/electronic emergency break system? If so, the solution could be a simple lubrication of the mechanism at the rear wheels. Lexus had a technical bulletin service many years back for the LS-460 where customers complained about a loud "click" noise after putting the car in R from P, and slowly releasing the break pedal. As the car started to move, the noise happened. It ended up being that the clips/mounting systems on the rear breaks that were part of the emergency break system needed some lubrication. Easy solution.

It might not be the problem you have, but why not look at the simple things first?

Old 05-22-2013, 05:31 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Maybe_XJ
I don't know if this suggestion has been brought up here, but I'll try.

Does the car has an electric/electronic emergency break system? If so, the solution could be a simple lubrication of the mechanism at the rear wheels. Lexus had a technical bulletin service many years back for the LS-460 where customers complained about a loud "click" noise after putting the car in R from P, and slowly releasing the break pedal. As the car started to move, the noise happened. It ended up being that the clips/mounting systems on the rear breaks that were part of the emergency break system needed some lubrication. Easy solution.

It might not be the problem you have, but why not look at the simple things first?
Lubrication of brakes was done the 2nd time they tried to resolve the problem - no dice.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:29 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike@Jaguar
Hello,

Many Thanks

We all appreciate your interest, as a Jaguar representative, in seeing this problem through to a satisfactory resolution in helping Ryan enjoy his new car as it should be. This thread has received substantial interest from members and guests monitoring the situation. Jaguar's reputation is on line with this one. We all have faith Jaguar will take care of this issue promptly and take care of Ryan for all of his troubles.

Lothar52 (05-23-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 08:39 AM
Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Hello,

Thank you for your's and everyone else's interest in this matter.

I have spoken with Ryan via PM so that we can get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

Many Thanks

Originally Posted by DGL
We all appreciate your interest, as a Jaguar representative, in seeing this problem through to a satisfactory resolution in helping Ryan enjoy his new car as it should be. This thread has received substantial interest from members and guests monitoring the situation. Jaguar's reputation is on line with this one. We all have faith Jaguar will take care of this issue promptly and take care of Ryan for all of his troubles.

Lothar52 (05-23-2013)

Quick Reply: My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?