XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 09:52 AM
Veteran Member
Received 383 Likes on 257 Posts

Jaguar UK has taken a significant interest in my XKRS with its oddity and informed me its gone to the top of customer relations! I am very pleased with this. When you buy a Jaguar - you fall in love with the brand every single time. I am a Jag man now and forever!! My next 4 door saloon will be a Jag that is for sure!

I started this thread out to find extra information and to determine if anyone at any time had ever had something similar. I got pretty nervous when the intial service visit led to no solid answers (not dealerships fault - this is the first time ever this problem has occurred for them). As my frustration grew internally, we discussed the options available - knowing that was the last step. I have renewed faith in the situation due to Mike at Jaguar customer relations, and will work with Jaguar and its service people every step of the way till resolution.

I will continue to keep everyone up to date on what is found out with my car. I appreciate the love and support all my forum buddies like Pierre have given me!!! I will let everyone know when the car goes in to see the field tech.

In the meantime go check out that white F-Type coupe with red seats and black wheels (F-type forum) - I want the coupe version in 2016 or 2017!

Ryan

Last edited by Lothar52; 05-23-2013 at 09:54 AM. Reason: finish thought
Old 05-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

My 760LI was doing this, it was the bushings but took us a month to diagnose as the bushings should not have failed under 20k miles like they did. I am not a fan of lawyers, I believe you just need to work your way up, or through the chain, as you have done, to get what you need done. Likely you would not get your legal fees back regardless, and frequently you get the same outcome with something like this. Good for the techs, and the CSR to help and monitor.... If you're not happy with your dealer however, you may want to change dealers. It's a great car, enjoy it with the radio on!

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (05-23-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 10:57 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SkipM
My 760LI was doing this, it was the bushings but took us a month to diagnose as the bushings should not have failed under 20k miles like they did. I am not a fan of lawyers, I believe you just need to work your way up, or through the chain, as you have done, to get what you need done. Likely you would not get your legal fees back regardless, and frequently you get the same outcome with something like this. Good for the techs, and the CSR to help and monitor.... If you're not happy with your dealer however, you may want to change dealers. It's a great car, enjoy it with the radio on!

They have already checked the brakes and bushings...but they did not replace them. I am thinking they may need to do so. It sounds like its coming from the wheels, all be it at different times both back wheels? It is a wild problem and the sound is definitely a chirp and very loud when it goes off!!

How is that F-Type brother? I want one JUST LIKE THAT...A white F-type RS coupe with red leather interior optioned to the 9th's with either those black rims or...are the CX16 prototype wheels available? those were AWESOME!!!

Ryan

SkipM (05-23-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 11:05 AM

Not the CX16 but I love not cleaning the brake dust from my XKR wheels as much...

Attached Thumbnails My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?-skipm-105819-albums-2014-f-type-7304-picture-carbon-fiber-wheels-18773.jpg  
DGL (05-23-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 11:07 AM

How is it? I drove the R8-V10 SPyder a month ago thinking I was in the mood for a change - I liked the ride of my XKR better - so looked at Mercedes and 911 for a change - then Jag called me when these came in, - Half a block later I turned it around - my guy thought I didn't like it - I didn't even need to see 60MPH to know this was my car - fit and finish - performance - the whole 9 yards, this car is perfect...

Old 05-23-2013, 11:08 AM

Note however, the deals right now are indeed on the XKR-S - I didn't drive it, because I knew I'd like it, but the design here was what I wanted - and the interior - its what we've been lacking with XK's

Old 05-23-2013, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
We all appreciate your interest, as a Jaguar representative, in seeing this problem through to a satisfactory resolution in helping Ryan enjoy his new car as it should be. This thread has received substantial interest from members and guests monitoring the situation. Jaguar's reputation is on line with this one. We all have faith Jaguar will take care of this issue promptly and take care of Ryan for all of his troubles.

DGL and I are car brothers from another mother...

He owns a 2011 XKR175 - a special XK, and a 2011 G37s Convertible!!!
I own a 2013 XKRS - a special XK, and a 2010 G37s coupe (wish it was convertible).

You upgraded the exhaust on the G yet?? I was thinking of getting something that sounded better...I have heard ARK Exhaust and its pretty slick. Wouldnt touch the XKRS- Its spectacular AS IS. PEROID!!

jagxk2008 (05-23-2013)
Old 05-23-2013, 03:43 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 941 Likes on 615 Posts

Originally Posted by Lothar52
DGL and I are car brothers from another mother...

He owns a 2011 XKR175 - a special XK, and a 2011 G37s Convertible!!!
I own a 2013 XKRS - a special XK, and a 2010 G37s coupe (wish it was convertible).

You upgraded the exhaust on the G yet?? I was thinking of getting something that sounded better...I have heard ARK Exhaust and its pretty slick. Wouldnt touch the XKRS- Its spectacular AS IS. PEROID!!

It looks like you have things under control. With Jaguar CS senior management involved things should come together in finding out what the heck is going on with your XKR-S. Keep pushing for a speedy and complete fix.

I haven't done much to the G37 except installing paddle shifters and a remote control module for the convertible top to function with the key FOB (installed it yesterday). The smart top module works great. I can now operate the top remotely and have the top lowered/raised while driving. I bought the G37 for the summer, but after getting the XKR175 it gets little use. I'd like to trade it for a 911 turbo S--I just don't get excited getting into it like the Jag. I'm also seriously considering the F-type when it comes out in the RS with dual clutch and AWD. The slush box on the G37 is very slow shifting.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:50 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
It looks like you have things under control. With Jaguar CS senior management involved things should come together in finding out what the heck is going on with your XKR-S. Keep pushing for a speedy and complete fix.

I haven't done much to the G37 except installing paddle shifters and a remote control module for the convertible top to function with the key FOB (installed it yesterday). The smart top module works great. I can now operate the top remotely and have the top lowered/raised while driving. I bought the G37 for the summer, but after getting the XKR175 it gets little use. I'd like to trade it for a 911 turbo S--I just don't get excited getting into it like the Jag. I'm also seriously considering the F-type when it comes out in the RS with dual clutch and AWD. The slush box on the G37 is very slow shifting.
yes - I will not take a look at a F-Type until it comes out in the R-S model (which im sure they will do...if they dont its a first!). I bought my XKR-S new off the lot..I am thinking about a certified used F-Type RS if I an find one in white with red leather in the future. if 2015 is the coupe, maybe 2016-17 they come out with the RS? Then wait 2 more years?? 2019-2020? I will be 7 yrs older than I am now and properly in my midlife crisis at 43!!

Ryan

Last edited by Lothar52; 05-24-2013 at 12:03 AM.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

I hope they resolve your issue very fast, and that if it is related to the body rivets that it is diagnose quite fast, they could use a stethoscope on the body to check from where the noise came from, and once on a lift all need to be pulled, checked to see if this noise reproduce, mountings exhaust etc..

Lothar52 (05-24-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
I hope they resolve your issue very fast, and that if it is related to the body rivets that it is diagnose quite fast, they could use a stethoscope on the body to check from where the noise came from, and once on a lift all need to be pulled, checked to see if this noise reproduce, mountings exhaust etc..
As well as your Pierre. You need to be taken seriously by your dealership and the 2 yr old XKR you have needs FIXED! Has it been in a wreck prior to your purchase??

Ryan

Old 05-24-2013, 12:48 PM
Veteran Member

As well as your Pierre. You need to be taken seriously by your dealership and the 2 yr old XKR you have needs FIXED! Has it been in a wreck prior to your purchase??

Ryan
Thank you Ryan, yes it is true but remember i did not purchased it here, it dilute things and finally I like this dealership. as I followed now Francisco who took care of me before, he is in Puerto Rico street in Valencia, and i am going there now. Everytime I call he said come tomorrow. He is the one wanting to change the front tires with 300 km...He bought back my trust, It is also that I noticed things well after too, one by one. He is not pissed off.

Valencia is a beautiful city, the avenue here are larger than most US cities. There is nice trees, palm trees, fabulous architecture, sun all year long, no traffic, beautiful ladies, and beaches, i love taking the jag down there.

I've been enjoying it Ryan, i need a long distance trip to enjoy it really now or something like 300 km minimum...

I hope you will enjoy it too pretty soon. I keep my fingers crossed, a straight integrity will prevails to avoid traumas, if there is something weird with this car and that the headquarters take it back to investigate it themselves, you do not want like pharmacopeia does, be a test or experiment any longer this non-satisfaction.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-24-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Lothar52 (05-24-2013)
Old 05-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Veteran Member

Well I feel for ya brother... your a good man and you deserve a sweet ride - none better then that XKR!!

Old 05-24-2013, 10:18 PM
Veteran Member

Agreed Pierre!! I received word from Jaguar USA via email and my dealership today via phone call that a engineer would be inspecting my car soon.

Ryan

jagxk2008 (05-24-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 09:40 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 941 Likes on 615 Posts

Agreed Pierre!! I received word from Jaguar USA via email and my dealership today via phone call that a engineer would be inspecting my car soon.

Ryan
This is where you want to be. You have management's attention. Now let's see how they take care of you and your car.

Lothar52 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
This is where you want to be. You have management's attention. Now let's see how they take care of you and your car.
yes

Old 05-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Veteran Member

I hope you are well Ryan, the xkrs is fitted with Pirelli P zero? you got it from byersimport?

I hope it is soon fixed.

Lothar52 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

The bad news is that beep means your car is totally unusable and might blow up at any moment. You need to give it to me straight away :-)

>> Happened once when the car was off in P and I sat hard in the drivers seat. CHIRP!

Seriously though, this strongly suggests its just a squeaky shock or bushing, or even just some part of the rear suspension just needs greasing properly.

The following 2 users liked this post by JustNiz:
jagxk2008 (05-27-2013), Lothar52 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 07:55 AM
Veteran Member

Yes jaguar contacted me on 5/24 in the morning and told me they were sorry and that the tech was Maryland for a conference - they said they would get ahold of me this week and hopefully he could get to it this week. All good things. I truly hope its something "external" vs "internal"... it only happened once that noise sitting into my car - it was dag on strange it did it that time - I mean really what car will make a noise sitting in it and its OFF!! Other times mostly are hard acceleration from stop or slow roll, and immediate decel from hard acceleration when you take you foot off the gas. I really hope its a noisy bushing - something they can just replace. They have looked at everything back there and said it looked fine. Hence the Jaguar engineer is coming out!!

Loth

Old 05-28-2013, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
I hope you are well Ryan, the xkrs is fitted with Pirelli P zero? you got it from byersimport?

I hope it is soon fixed.
Hey Pierre! Yep Byers Imports and they do have Pirelli P zero tires. Jag has been in garage the last week...just waiting for the call to take it in. Byers did call friday and said they expect something within the week hopefully. What is new on your end? Ryan

Quick Reply: My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?