XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 08:16 AM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

Have you tried just rocking the car side-to-side and also front-to-back to see if either of those can make the noise?

The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (05-28-2013)
Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by JustNiz
Have you tried just rocking the car side-to-side and also front-to-back to see if either of those can make the noise?
it's only with stuff like this that they will ever find out....

Old 05-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

I have an appointment tomorrow at 9am with the Jaguar Field Tech/engineer at my dealership!

Loth

jagxk2008 (05-29-2013)
Old 05-29-2013, 02:40 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Lothar52
Hey Pierre! Yep Byers Imports and they do have Pirelli P zero tires. Jag has been in garage the last week...just waiting for the call to take it in. Byers did call friday and said they expect something within the week hopefully. What is new on your end? Ryan
I am waiting they have a car available and I will leave mine one day there, hopefully I can get it back the same day, a 5-6 hours job on the transmission , bushes. i have a friend who called me the black cat, hopefully all will be fine after, it's not as problematic compare to what the xkrs is doing, but hopefully very quickly they find a great solution/resolution. They have a rover for courtesy from the 90'? yes its reliable but on the freeway you feel like...

Last time they try fixing and it has resolved a bit the problem of the valves for free. It was not well serviced by Jaguar Le Port-Marly and they are supposed to be the best one, in france, the closest too from Jaguar France. Since I was back in France 3 weeks ago, my warranty contract still valid and I opened a second case trying to get it paid by Opteven, I will see if they honor their services. I still did not heard yet from them for the direction bushes replaces a few weeks ago.

If the transmission is much better for months after i will be very happy, as all jags has done it, sooner or later...it starts to do it after a long trip, the last gear changes or downshifting and more often...its good maybe if it handles early and fix for all?

i enjoy it and got lot of great feedbakcs, i'm always cool, I not an eye contact person so i look at down and always open to tell people how good the jags are and that you do not need lot of money to enjoy them. here in Spain saturday or others days as i try not to get out the saturday much, people at red lights always question me how much "caballos tienes" and we laugh 50% of the time i m good for a kick down...lol.. one day around Pasadena i saw a xjs doing a kick down. Well i was done....

My guess for a good kick down, not specially a launch, but there is sometimes you feel the whole car heavy even when the engine is warm up, but there is times where you feel you have plenty of power, the accelerator pedal is super tied and you don't need to push it at all, you can feel you're there with plenty of power, its when its good to do a good real fast kick down....

I wanted to go to st tropez a week end so i will enjoy the ride, but i am worry i will be disapointed there so ( i lived there 17 years) ...I do not have lot of days free indeed, i must be around the house a lot.

Hopefully we are fixed about your problem tomorrow night.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-29-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 09:49 PM
Veteran Member

Amen brother!! I will keep everyone Updated!

jagxk2008 (05-30-2013)
Old 05-30-2013, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Ryan, any news today?

Old 05-31-2013, 06:53 AM
Veteran Member

Well...hmmmm.. No "news" per say. I had an appointment to go to after I took the car to the dealership though I did wait around a few hours at the dealership and got into a few good coverversations with some guys (that may have been the problem as I was not in the right place at the right time to talk to the field tech). I did not get to speak directly to anyone but the original tech who greased the bolts on the brakes and I had meet him before...He is a nice fellow.

But, there was a mishap putting a wheel back on. One of the studs that the lug nuts fits on broke... So the part is on order from England and so the car is up on the rack at the dealership until then as they thought it not safe to drive otherwise....

No news on finding any cause with whatever they did before the stud broke. after they replace that Monday they will test the car they said.

Last edited by Lothar52; 05-31-2013 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:01 AM
Veteran Member

Well...hmmmm.. No "news" per say. I had an appointment to go to I did not get to speak directly to anyone but the original tech who greased the bolts on the brakes and I had meet him before...

But, there was a mishap putting a wheel back on. One of the studs that the lug nuts fits on broke... So the part is on order from England and so the car is up on the rack at the dealership until then as they thought it not safe to drive otherwise....

No news on finding any cause with whatever they did before the stud broke. after they replace that Monday they will test the car they said.
Thanks Ryan, i am not that surprised, and no news if the tecnician from jaguar made it or find anything if he was ever there.
you will be fix monday it is always agreable to wait a week end to find out things have changed or not changed, sorry about it.
they did not seems to have you convinced. it could not be the problem the stud there half broken making noise anteriorly?

let's wait and see Monday.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-31-2013 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:37 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
Thanks Ryan, i am not that surprised, and no news if the tecnician from jaguar made it or find anything if he was ever there.
you will be fix monday it is always agreable to wait a week end to find out things have changed or not changed, sorry about it.
they did not seems to have you convinced. it could not be the problem the stud there half broken making noise anteriorly?

let's wait and see Monday.

Hey Pierre! I do think the Jag field tech was there at the dealership but I just did not get to speak to him. Monday the stud will be fixed by putting a whole new hub on if ya know what i mean. I think what probably happened was they stripped the stud putting the lug nut back on? Not quite sure how they could brake that - who knows I am no mechanic. I am trying to stay upbeat about it all - accidents happen. I am just hoping Monday is the day I know a little bit more about the problem and the fix. They did not say specifically and they did not say the stud was the cause of the problem (but then again who knows?? - if it was it will be fixed monday ).

your bud,
Ryan

Old 05-31-2013, 09:44 AM
Veteran Member

Thank you Ryan to keep us all informed.
Take care.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:29 AM
Veteran Member

GOOD NEWS. Just got call from Byers dealership - they said they got the part from Indiana not England. They said they put the wheels back on and took it out and were not able to reproduce my "chirp". They want me to test it out myself later. Unfortunately I work today - family member going to go get my car. They believe it has to do with "lubrication". Nonetheless I will check it out this weekend and let everyone know if it is finally gone after a good ride!

Ryan

Old 05-31-2013, 02:32 PM
Veteran Member

I remember the posters from Haron, Lubrication in the atelier.
I hopes its what it was and you will be enjoying it trully.
Thanks to keep us posted.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 05-31-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member

Love my Pierre... We won't know "for sure" until a yr from now it's not squeaking... Then we will know!! If it was the brakes I really wish they would have reaced them! Regardless If it returns I know what it is!! I will update after driving it this weekend!

jagxk2008 (05-31-2013)
Old 05-31-2013, 07:47 PM
Veteran Member

Love my Pierre... We won't know "for sure" until a yr from now it's not squeaking... Then we will know!! If it was the brakes I really wish they would have reaced them! Regardless If it returns I know what it is!! I will update after driving it this weekend!
Much love bro and take care!

Old 06-01-2013, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member

Everyone I am happy to report that after my first test drive it sounded like a T-Rex gargling hand grenades in a thunderstorm WITHOUT a bird underneath the rear wheel wells!!

YEEEEEEEEEEHAW!!!!!

Old 06-01-2013, 07:03 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

I hope this is the end of your problem with the chirping. I'm glad Jaguar looked after you. What exactly was the problem of the noise and what did they do to correct it?

Old 06-01-2013, 09:56 PM
Veteran Member

They may have no idea what it was but lubrication,

I am very happy for you Ryan.

Old 06-01-2013, 10:24 PM
Veteran Member

They said the rear brakes just needed lubrication... I'm in shock but I'm glad. They did not replace them but hopefully this problem does not resurface!!

The following 2 users liked this post by Lothar52:
DGL (06-02-2013), jagxk2008 (06-02-2013)
Old 06-02-2013, 07:41 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Thanks Ryan,

Wow, they probably just lubricated the bolts going through the calibers attaching them to a bracket which is also attached to the frame. I thought they did that before. However, I'm just glad it was an easy fix and not a frame weld issue. If it were a frame weld issue you would probably just want a new car rather than a refurbished one (they would need to strip the car, fix the weld area, and reassemble the car). Surprising no one else has experienced this problem. Thanks to you if we hear a loud chirp we know what to do.

jagxk2008 (06-02-2013)
Old 06-03-2013, 09:35 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by DGL
Thanks Ryan,

Wow, they probably just lubricated the bolts going through the calibers attaching them to a bracket which is also attached to the frame. I thought they did that before. However, I'm just glad it was an easy fix and not a frame weld issue. If it were a frame weld issue you would probably just want a new car rather than a refurbished one (they would need to strip the car, fix the weld area, and reassemble the car). Surprising no one else has experienced this problem. Thanks to you if we hear a loud chirp we know what to do.
Yes I too thought no way could it be the brakes - more frame weld problem but indeed it seems to be gone. I do not think if it was a frame weld issue now because why would it change with lubricatio? - for 2 test runs it has been gone - and i really floored it the other day to get it to TRY and do it. Stil paranoid about it though lol...I will always be listening for it I think!!! HA!!! I do the same with all my cars now...I listen very carefully - NOT GOOD as I am a perfectionist! Soon I will be in a nuthouse listening for birds chirping and yell..AHH HA!!! THERE IT IS AGAIN!! HAHAHAHAHA

Loth

johnnnnnnyy (06-05-2013)

Quick Reply: My first electrical Gremlin in my 2013 XKRS?!?