XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Navigation DVD

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 06:56 AM
Received 179 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by rscultho
Nalley is no more...I tried calling yesterday and they are out of business. They were purchased by Hennessey Jaguar and they may be transitioning but their phone no longer answers.

Hennessey Jag does not give a discount for stuff...I have tried. I've asked several of them if they ever monitor the Jaguar forums and only one person (A mechanic/tech) even knew what I was talking about.

I did talk to the Gwinnett Place store manager about sponsoring an XK/R meet and they said they would.
FYI; while Hennessy Jaguar Buckhead might not honor the discount, Hennessy Jaguar North Point, which took over the old Nalley dealership, does honor the discount. Speak with Barry McClure, the parts manager. He's incredibly nice and wants to continue the relationship. The main number for the dealership is 770.587.2000, and here's a link: Jaguar North Point. I just recently bought some Jaguar parts from them at the discounted price. And, although Barry couldn't give the discount on Range Rover parts (darn it), just last week he was nice enough to offer better pricing than the Buckhead store on a part for our new Range Rover Sport Supercharged, which he even then had shipped to the Buckhead store for me to pick up, as it's much closer to me than his store.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:47 AM
Received 87 Likes on 37 Posts

I just got a 'bootleg' Nav DVD from a seller on iOffers, for around $60.
Links are in these threads from this forum:

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...v-disks-82890/

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...sources-77365/

There's a comprehensive list of the Part# / year for all the Jag DVDs in there.

To the OP: I'd suggest ejecting the current DVD from the Nav unit in the trunk, and seeing what you have. The last 2 Alphabetic characters determine the year.

This seller said he's a used car dealer somewhere, and buys cars at Auction. They usually don't have a current (or any) Nav DVD, so he has found a source of current DVDs, and has a dual-layer DVD burner.....
That said, it was a good experience. He double-checked the part number for my application, and the DVD looked 'official'. Shipped fast.

Install was straightforward, taking around 12mins. It updated the Maps and the software that runs them. Unlike most software, there was no 'progress' indicator once it started, but DO NOT turn the engine OFF until it re-boots and the Nav screen re-appears - there's a slight risk of 'bricking' the unit....

It may be my imagination, but it seems to run faster.

For $60 it was worthwhile - not sure about $200.....

Jeremy

Old 07-27-2014, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sat usage

I have two uses for the car Nav. One is keeping the maps on for, what I call, situational awareness on various scales; It helps to know what roads are around me. Very handy.
The second is when I am buried in the wilds of a large city and just want to get out. I punch in my home and, usually, in a few corners it will get me to a major road to get me out of town; then I usually cancel guidance as I really do know how to get home........

Old 07-27-2014, 04:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody want to split a new DVD? I don't have any use for the east coast. All I want is the west coast DVD and I am guessing there are many on the right coast with the same needs. We can buy new and split the cost.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:03 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I live in MA and just bought a set, would love to sell the west coast DVD.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Mine came with an east coast and Canada disk when I bought it about a month ago. Found a west coast dvd on ebay for $35.00. Bought it, inserted it, and have not had a problem although it certainly doesn't give you the best directions. Anyone desiring an east coast nav dvd, I'll be happy to send mine.

Old 08-08-2014, 09:14 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
Mine came with an east coast and Canada disk when I bought it about a month ago. Found a west coast dvd on ebay for $35.00. Bought it, inserted it, and have not had a problem although it certainly doesn't give you the best directions. Anyone desiring an east coast nav dvd, I'll be happy to send mine.
Hi tberg - what year is your east coast nav dvd?

Ryan

Old 08-09-2014, 12:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Ryan,
I will check in the morning as it's in the car which is at the shop having some "cosmetic" surgery. I'll stop by and take a look.
Ted