XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Need to find a wrecked 4.2L XKR-S - UK/EU only

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 05:15 PM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts
Default Need to find a wrecked 4.2L XKR-S - UK/EU only

This is a real long shot, given that there were only 200x of these cars made, 50x in RHD, 150x in LHD, and only delivered to the UK & EU...

Long story short, the 4.2L XKR-S has a different software calibration for the CATS suspension, to work in conjunction with the factory Bilstein B6 shocks and Eibach springs.

Normally this software would be available in the SDD diagnostic system (dealers diagnostic tool) however somehow it was overlooked, and the software file was never added to SDD, after checking with Jaguar Tech Support it seems they have "lost" it, the file is simply not in their calibration file archive, it was overlooked, forgotten or misplaced. They don't have it, and they don't care enough to go looking for it either...

The only way to recover this software is to physically get a Suspension Control Module from a 4.2L XKR-S, and read the data directly from the processor in the module, hacker-style. Then we can re-assemble the file and flash it to other modules in other cars.

So if anyone knows of a 4.2L XKR-S that's been wrecked, in the UK or somewhere in Europe, please let me know. I need one of these modules...

Thanks.

Old 10-17-2017, 03:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,528 Likes on 3,938 Posts

Were they in a particular VIN range or some such? I'm thinking that a typical wrecker won't really know what they have but will know the VIN.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:23 AM
Received 4,454 Likes on 2,426 Posts

The 4.2 XKR-S' weren't produced in a batch, they just ran down the line along with regular production, so the VIN's are not sequential. I have a few VIN's on file but they are all good cars, not wrecks.

There is a giveaway in the VIN's though, the 6th & 7th digits in the VIN are 47 for a 4.2 XKR-S, e.g. SAJAC47xxxxx or SAJAA47xxxxxx