XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Need help: Senta wheel

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 01:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ferrytrip1
Hi, mine is a Sep 08 car - also BRG with Tan interior. I love the combination. I see black and silver here in Dubai, but not seen another like mine.

simon
I made a mistake - seems mine is a Emerald Fire Metallic - good steer in the thread to make me think about it

Cheers

Simon

The following users liked this post:
FRGIII2014 (12-23-2014)
Old 12-22-2014, 02:38 PM
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Simon,
I like the Emerald Green/Jaguar Racing Green and then BRG. I had a very heated argument with a salesman who showed me a new F type in what he called BRG. I told him it was no such thing that it had metallic flakes in it. I finally pointed to my XK and told him that it was British Racing Green. You'd think a salesman would know that. I saw him after I bought my 14 XF and he said he was off that day. He had wished he made the sale. I thought if he had been there, I'd never bought the car especially from him. LOL

If anyone can come up with what exact spacers are needed to use the newer XK wheels on the older cars, it would be a great sticky post.

Old 12-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Received 443 Likes on 186 Posts

Yes, I did snipe those wheels on ebay the second I saw them. They arrived today but I'm out of town. Argh!! The Braelin's were my second choice. The Coventry wheels are nice but too stately for my car (black XKR coupe). The silver BR02's are hot!

http://www.braelin.ca/categories.asp..._2007_xk_r-r_s

Although OEM wheels are nice to have, for the money for a new Senta it just doesn't make sense. I'd buy an OEM "un-refurbished" used one that I could inspect before I'd buy one already refurbed. I'd like to see any battle scars myself before they are covered up. Sooner or later one will pop up here in the forum. But is the price of the wheel plus repair worth it? I don't know. Jupiters are always an option. A beautiful set with 4000 miles sans tires didn't sell at $600 here so they went to ebay. Yes, for the whole set and they were perfecto! If it were me? I'd buy the BR02's and patiently wait for a nice Senta to pop up here on the forum just so I'd have an original set. Tires are the same so you could always move them over.

Originally Posted by 07XKJaguar

If anyone can come up with what exact spacers are needed to use the newer XK wheels on the older cars, it would be a great sticky post.
I think this is right....

Rear:
New wheels are +45 offset
Old wheels are +27 offset

Front:
New wheels +45 offset
Old wheels +50 offset

Need an 18mm spacer in the rear to be exact.

H&R Wheel Spacers For Jaguar XK Coupe 2007-up 20mm part number: (4035633) A 25mm is also available to give that "stance".

Need a 5mm for the front but I think you'd hardly notice 1/4 of an inch.

Last edited by flyc2c; 12-22-2014 at 03:21 PM.
The following users liked this post:
FRGIII2014 (12-23-2014)
Old 12-23-2014, 04:38 PM
Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

I found a big shop that think they can repair the hairline half inch crack, they will confirm tomorrow and fix it by Monday. I get 10 months out of it, I'll be happy because it will buy me time to research and make decisions.

12 years later (now) I'm a much more careful driver and if I can avoid potholes and not damage the wheels, I think I'll stick with the Sentas. On the other hand, if they bend with every speed bump (we have a lot of those also) I'll go to 19's. If the other wheels hold up and the cracked one doesn't and I can't find a good senta replacement, I'll look at alternatives like the BRO2.

Those BRO2's look great.

Old 12-23-2014, 07:14 PM
Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for the specs and link to the spacers. Now I know what I need for newer wheels when the next one cracks.

Old 12-23-2014, 08:41 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

Keep in mind.......

Just because you may have gone to an aftermarket wheel and the offsets might be different than the OEM Jaguar wheel, it does not necessarily mean that you have to go with spacers.

Using an 18mm spacer would most likely bring the wheel out past the fender well and rear body panel, something that you wouldn't want to do.

You will need to fit the new aftermarket wheel on the hub to even see if spacers are required.

I went through this earlier this year when replacing the OEM Jaguar Selena wheels with a new set of Braelin BR02 wheels that were custom milled for me. Of particular note, not only are the offsets important, but both centerbbore and bolt pattern of the aftermarket wheel is important.

Although the offsets were different, no spacers were needed.

If you do need wheel spacers for some reason, may I suggest motorsports tech.

Wheel Adapters, Wheel Spacers, Hub Rings, and much more! | Motorsport Tech

Their work is of excellent quality and you can order from the on-line page or call and speak directly with Lenny Jr.. He is an expert at what his company does.

Measurement is important and you can use this graphic as a source of correctly making proper measurements. Of course the wheel has to be removed from the hub, and suggest that you have a digital caliper for accurate measurement.

Attached Thumbnails Need help:  Senta wheel-wheel-measurements-jaguar.jpg   Need help:  Senta wheel-wheel-measurements-jaguar-2.jpg