XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Need UK or international supplier of parts for XK

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2020, 11:20 PM
feo
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need UK or international supplier of parts for XK

I am in the process of buying a 2008 XK. I live in New Zealand where dealers for vehicles like this charge for parts based on the assumption that you are a Saudi Prince. I would greatly appreciate a contact for buying new and used parts in the UK (I assume this is the cheapest source?) as I expect to have problems as I have had four Jags in my past and reliability has not been the best. This was some years ago and am praying that reliability has improved!

Old 05-07-2020, 01:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Try Britcar: https://www.brit-car.co.uk/index.php
Consistently the cheapest around for OEM Jag parts although the postage can be a bit steep.
Another UK option is Rimmer Bros: https://rimmerbros.com
A wide range of OEM parts especially for older Jags but not the cheapest.
Or you can try Rock Auto in the good ol' US of A: https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/
Some OEM parts but lots and lots of after-market parts, dirt cheap prices and reasonably cheap postage.
If you don't mind used parts to save some money try this mob: https://triumphroverspares.com.au
The biggest Jag wreckers in Oz, a big range of parts, good prices and good service, dunno if they post across the ditch but they probably do.

The following users liked this post:
guy (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 02:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

Welcome to the forum. I live in NZ as well (Christchurch) and had an 07 XKR for 5 years and have had my current '10 XKR for over 2 years. They have both been pretty reliable so I wouldn't worry too much. I have owned 8 Jags as daily drivers over a 30 year period and have found the later Jags to have few issues.

I use a local independent who used to run the service department at the local dealership. His charges aren't actually a lot less than the dealer but he is much better to work with. He tends to buy parts from the UK as well but does also buy from the local dealer.

If the shipping charges are too high you can use YouShop run by NZ Post to import items reasonably cheaply or just find a decent independent.

MarkyUK (05-09-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 03:30 PM
feo

Originally Posted by u102768
Welcome to the forum. I live in NZ as well (Christchurch) and had an 07 XKR for 5 years and have had my current '10 XKR for over 2 years. They have both been pretty reliable so I wouldn't worry too much. I have owned 8 Jags as daily drivers over a 30 year period and have found the later Jags to have few issues.

I use a local independent who used to run the service department at the local dealership. His charges aren't actually a lot less than the dealer but he is much better to work with. He tends to buy parts from the UK as well but does also buy from the local dealer.

If the shipping charges are too high you can use YouShop run by NZ Post to import items reasonably cheaply or just find a decent independent.
Thanks for that u102768! I notice that a large number of the Jags for sale are from Chch but I'm up in Paihia so I'm hunting in Auckland. Not sure if this is the correct format to respond as this is the first forum I have ever been part of

Old 05-07-2020, 03:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 409 Likes on 280 Posts

Try googling eurojags.com biggest jag breakers in the uk , sure they will export abroad and have most parts and models

Old 05-07-2020, 03:57 PM
feo

Thanks OzXFR - great information!

Old 05-07-2020, 03:59 PM
Veteran Member

https://www.eurojag.com/ they sell on ebay so no problems in shipping abroad

Old 05-07-2020, 03:59 PM
feo

Thanks George05 - I'm hoping I'll not be needing this information but am saving all advice from this forum...

George05 (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 04:33 PM
Veteran Member

A few good guys who do diy on here . and a few indians talking bull , you will weed them out

Old 05-07-2020, 10:09 PM
feo

Thanks George05 - shall do.

Old 05-08-2020, 06:23 AM
Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi @feo , I'm over the ditch in Brissie and going through this learning curve as well - bought a 2013 at the start of the year.

Surprisingly autohausaz in the US has some very sharp prices for our cars and I haven't bought through but keep looking at Rimmer Bros and British Car Parts who seem to be pretty sharp as well. I also just found an Aussie (mainly ebay) seller who has a workshop down south called JagDaim who I will be buying some Ferodo brake pads from on Monday - excellent pricing.

Other than that, the guys are right, these are pretty solid cars. My list is short - besides a couple of cabin rattles and the audio system not playing nice with USB randomly, I have squeaky front brakes to resolve and some creaking in the rear suspension which I think just needs lubrication of the rubber spring seats. Pretty good for a 500+hp designer muscle car!

Old 05-08-2020, 01:11 PM
feo

Thanks jon-izumi - I now have more choices than I expected and shall be comparing prices with all of them if/when the time comes to search for parts 🙏. I must say I am surprised at the cabin rattles though?? I had a few American muscle cars when I was of that age and they all rattled which drove me nuts and I once took all the inside panels off a '67 Mustang trying to find the source to no avail. But would not have expected it of a Jag! Is this a common problem?
Cheers
Frederick

Old 05-08-2020, 08:18 PM

Hi Frederick :-)
I should add that I am definitely ocd with stuff like that and I can't unhear something once I notice it, haha. I think they will be relatively easy to fix - it is where the a pillar trim meets the dash and I can stop it with a little pressure, so will experiment soon with some rubber strips or so to put between. I don't have any battery issues though and don't have a charger, and she will often not get used for up to 3 weeks at a time. I double lock (press the lock button a 2nd time after a pause) and the keys are kept a long way from the car - call it my superstition lol.
On your comment about local dealers - Oz is the same. I fronted up to Jaguar Brisbane to cost brake pads and they wanted $880+GST for the fronts. AutohausAZ have them for $220US. I laughed, left and rang JagDaim lol.
Oh but such beautiful cars!

Old 05-10-2020, 12:05 AM
feo

I'm with you - after the loooong experience with US muscle cars, any tiny creaking/rattle is impossible to ignore and impossible accept. I have not bought the vehicle yet so now one of THE most important parts of the test drive will be to see if there are any creaks! But the parts of your message about double-lock and keeping the keys a long way from the car - I feel like I am entering into a secret society requiring religion-esque procedures just to maintain good karma with the vehicle? Please explain!
Cheers, Frederick

Old 05-10-2020, 12:49 AM
Veteran Member
Received 3,226 Likes on 2,380 Posts

Originally Posted by feo
I'm with you - after the loooong experience with US muscle cars, any tiny creaking/rattle is impossible to ignore and impossible accept. I have not bought the vehicle yet so now one of THE most important parts of the test drive will be to see if there are any creaks! But the parts of your message about double-lock and keeping the keys a long way from the car - I feel like I am entering into a secret society requiring religion-esque procedures just to maintain good karma with the vehicle? Please explain!
Cheers, Frederick
Modern Jag electronics are at least partly on most of the time unless you double lock (shuts things down further than single lock) and keep the key fobs at a distance (if within two or three metres they keep talking to the ignition system and thus keeping it live).
Many many reports of flat batteries from not doing these two things.
Also on the F-Type forum in particular many reports of flat batteries after plugging something into the OBD2 port, where it seems that sometimes the electrical system doesn't shut down down fully afterwards and drains the battery, dunno if it's the same with the X150.

Old 05-10-2020, 01:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,431 Likes on 3,207 Posts

Actually, the car doesn't 'search' for any smartkey unless something wakes it, such as pulling a door handle or attempting to pop the boot lid. The proximity of any key fob has zero affect unless the wake-it-up happens, and then it would search for a key for several seconds. If no key is located, then it sleeps again. Also, the car can only receive key signals from under two meters.

Old 05-10-2020, 01:26 AM

@OzXFR thanks - well said @Cee Jay That's interesting, from many of the battery charge threads it seems a lot of things don't shut down completely and the double lock helps isolate this. Good to know it's only two metres for the key range - I know lots of people who keep their key that close to the car just outside the garage etc -

@feo Here's the owners manual (easily downloaded in pdf) excerpt covering the double lock that helps the battery worry.

Old 05-10-2020, 03:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

Originally Posted by OzXFR
Modern Jag electronics are at least partly on most of the time unless you double lock (shuts things down further than single lock)
Double locking is mainly a UK/European thing. Their cars have deadlocks in the locking mechanism which disengages the lock from the interior handle. Double locking a car without this feature won't achieve anything other than perhaps a beep to tell you that you are wasting your time!

Deadlocks - Obsessive Vehicle Security BlogObsessive Vehicle Security Blog

Old 05-10-2020, 11:08 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,431 Likes on 3,207 Posts

I always double-press for the single beep, just to verify. I also do that on my F150 and wife's Lexus.

Old 05-10-2020, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,256 Likes on 2,379 Posts

I do too but it's strictly OCD as there is no double lock function in the US.

Quick Reply: Need UK or international supplier of parts for XK