XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

never see XKR-S vert for sale (French racing blue)

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 01:49 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default never see XKR-S vert for sale (French racing blue)

talk about a narrow search...has anyone seen one listed for sale at all? or have any links to current listings? needs to be a vert

Old 06-14-2014, 02:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,490 Likes on 908 Posts

Hornburg Jaguar in LA have one.

Attached Thumbnails never see XKR-S vert for sale (French racing blue)-xkrs.jpg  
Old 06-14-2014, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts
Old 06-14-2014, 10:40 AM

thanks for making me look like a fool! cheers

Old 06-14-2014, 10:03 PM

i dont need to buy this....... only 20k on the dash

Old 06-21-2014, 06:58 PM

just realized its a demo cars. it seems like there horror stories with demo XKR-s out there??

Old 06-22-2014, 01:46 AM
Received 44 Likes on 16 Posts

Mine's an ex 'marketing' car. I've had it 6 months now and it doesn't show any signs of former abuse. I wonder if the convertibles had an easier life and weren't used for any on-track driving experience?

Old 06-22-2014, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Del Boy
Mine's an ex 'marketing' car. I've had it 6 months now and it doesn't show any signs of former abuse. I wonder if the convertibles had an easier life and weren't used for any on-track driving experience?
possibility the case sense verts will not be tracked.

Old 06-29-2014, 03:55 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jaguar of Novi has 2012 one in black low miles. saw it Monday 95,000 i think

Old 06-29-2014, 06:32 PM
Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Xkr-s

It does look black but it's the XKR-S at Jaguar of Novi is BRG. Its quite a car. Only 10k miles on it and had been registered to Jaguar as its only owner. I believe it was used for press shows and photo shoots. We put it though the Jaguar 150 point inspection and it passed with flying colors. It looks looks brand new even underneath on a lift.

I've been in cars that claimed more power than the 550 hp Jaguar Is advertising For these engines but never have I been in one so fast before (until I drove the F Type R). With the tires warmed up on a hot at 45 mph I couldn't floor it.

The tires would break loose instantly, the XKR-S would kick sideways and the tires would light up. I was trying to demonstrate the sound of the engine to my customer at full throttle. We tried it again at about 55 mph and the same thing happened.

This is with huge sticky tires and the most advanced computer controlled rear differential on the market. All on a car with great weight balance.

It wasn't until we tried it around 70 mph that I could hit it hard without breaking the tires loose. At 70 mph the XKR-S accelerates like other fast cars do at half the speed. Amazing pull that shows no sign of tapering off. It's such a shame Jag puts speed limiters on their cars. I can see the sedans with all season tires having them but not the performance models. They don't deserve them.

All the front end areo work Jag did with the ground effects and wing really do make a difference. The faster you go, the more planted it feels, and you can hear the glorious sound from the engine.

The dealership just reduced the price to $89,995! New it listed for $143,000 ++ which they all pre sold for back in 2012. Remember, only 25 XKR-S convertibles were imported for 2012. Due to demand, Jaguar raised that number to 100 for 2013 and then that was it. The final ones were the track versions, called the XKR-RS which had the same advertised hp but a extreme track tuned suspension and more aggressive ground effects.

If anyone lives or works by the Novi store and wants to see it in the flesh, it's parked on the front point off of Haggerty RD and 10 mile until my customer comes in for it tomorrow night. I doubt I'll ever see one again if he decides it's the right cat to add to his collection. They are just too rare. But, I saw a XKSS last month so you never know

Any questions you can email me at gkish@jaguarofnovi.com

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (06-29-2014)
Old 06-29-2014, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by GGabriel
It does look black but it's the XKR-S at Jaguar of Novi is BRG. Its quite a car. Only 10k miles on it and had been registered to Jaguar as its only owner. I believe it was used for press shows and photo shoots. We put it though the Jaguar 150 point inspection and it passed with flying colors. It looks looks brand new even underneath on a lift.

I've been in cars that claimed more power than the 550 hp Jaguar Is advertising For these engines but never have I been in one so fast before (until I drove the F Type R). With the tires warmed up on a hot at 45 mph I couldn't floor it.

The tires would break loose instantly, the XKR-S would kick sideways and the tires would light up. I was trying to demonstrate the sound of the engine to my customer at full throttle. We tried it again at about 55 mph and the same thing happened.

This is with huge sticky tires and the most advanced computer controlled rear differential on the market. All on a car with great weight balance.

It wasn't until we tried it around 70 mph that I could hit it hard without breaking the tires loose. At 70 mph the XKR-S accelerates like other fast cars do at half the speed. Amazing pull that shows no sign of tapering off. It's such a shame Jag puts speed limiters on their cars. I can see the sedans with all season tires having them but not the performance models. They don't deserve them.

All the front end areo work Jag did with the ground effects and wing really do make a difference. The faster you go, the more planted it feels, and you can hear the glorious sound from the engine.

The dealership just reduced the price to $89,995! New it listed for $143,000 ++ which they all pre sold for back in 2012. Remember, only 25 XKR-S convertibles were imported for 2012. Due to demand, Jaguar raised that number to 100 for 2013 and then that was it. The final ones were the track versions, called the XKR-RS which had the same advertised hp but a extreme track tuned suspension and more aggressive ground effects.

If anyone lives or works by the Novi store and wants to see it in the flesh, it's parked on the front point off of Haggerty RD and 10 mile until my customer comes in for it tomorrow night. I doubt I'll ever see one again if he decides it's the right cat to add to his collection. They are just too rare. But, I saw a XKSS last month so you never know

Any questions you can email me at gkish@jaguarofnovi.com
I own a XKR coupe in ultimate black and a XKR-S coupe in IRR. If i was a rich man (and im NOT these cars are just this good to sell the farm!) then id add this BRG convertible. Wow what a car!!!

Old 06-29-2014, 10:50 PM
Received 44 Likes on 16 Posts

I purchased almost the same car (2012 XKR-S Conv, BRG, 12k miles, ex-Jaguar marketing car) in February and I couldn't be happier. Huge saving for a nearly new car. Coincidentally Jaguar of Novi inspected it for me before I bought it sight-unseen. Their service was excellent. This could be a good buy for someone.

Last edited by Del Boy; 06-30-2014 at 12:24 AM.
Old 08-09-2014, 12:13 AM

I should have pulled the trigger.

I think it sold for $79k..... ugh i might not find a FRB vert for a long time for that price with less than 10k miles. I still love my xkr in red but such a rare car and great price it will be hard to find that deal again.

Old 08-09-2014, 07:19 AM
Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts
Default BRG is available

Originally Posted by desert_fox
I should have pulled the trigger.

I think it sold for $79k..... ugh i might not find a FRB vert for a long time for that price with less than 10k miles. I still love my xkr in red but such a rare car and great price it will be hard to find that deal again.
The BRG we had did sell but the client couldn't commit until the 20th which is too long for a dealership to hold a car, even with a large deposit. Our BRG/Jet/Jet with the steering wheel option and carbon fiber engine cover is back on the market for $89,995++. It comes with the Select Edition warranty at that price.

You can reach me anytime at gkish@jaguarofnovi.com if you want to see this incredible Jag in person.

I really don't expect to see one again for quite some time. With only 25 convertibles imported in 2012 I'm so lucky to have spent time behind the wheel. It's a modern supercar!

Old 08-09-2014, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by GGabriel
The BRG we had did sell but the client couldn't commit until the 20th which is too long for a dealership to hold a car, even with a large deposit. Our BRG/Jet/Jet with the steering wheel option and carbon fiber engine cover is back on the market for $89,995++. It comes with the Select Edition warranty at that price.

You can reach me anytime at gkish@jaguarofnovi.com if you want to see this incredible Jag in person.

I really don't expect to see one again for quite some time. With only 25 convertibles imported in 2012 I'm so lucky to have spent time behind the wheel. It's a modern supercar!
has to be french racing blue.... i am a true color snob for sure. one reason i purchased the XKR i have now is since it is salsa red and I bought it from a dealer 3000 miles away.

last car sports car I bought i had no say in the color choice (Saleen Extreme) they made 100 of them and i got my 5th color choice and that was it.

I love that blue.... reminds me Laguna Seca blue in the early m3 e46

i had the same car (csl wheels) but in silver. 350 hp with 8500 tac line.... most fun car Ive ever owned and it helps i was in my early 20s too ....sigh

Old 11-21-2014, 08:48 PM

plenty of coupes now (prolly 5-7 for sale) $69k to $95k never a vert though. hopefully end of next year I come across one

Old 01-24-2015, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally - a used French Racing Blue convertible

It pains me to post this, but here it goes:

2013 Used Jaguar XK 2dr Convertible XKR-S at Jaguar North Scottsdale Serving Phoenix & Scottsdale, AZ, IID 13110004

Jaguar North Scottsdale has a 2013 with 16k miles for $84,699. I've been searching for one of these myself for months, and when it finally appeared, I excitedly showed it to the wife - and got shot down. So somebody else buy it fast so I can stop begging her for approval.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:08 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Brent Ozar
It pains me to post this, but here it goes:

2013 Used Jaguar XK 2dr Convertible XKR-S at Jaguar North Scottsdale Serving Phoenix & Scottsdale, AZ, IID 13110004

Jaguar North Scottsdale has a 2013 with 16k miles for $84,699. I've been searching for one of these myself for months, and when it finally appeared, I excitedly showed it to the wife - and got shot down. So somebody else buy it fast so I can stop begging her for approval.
Maybe they'll give you a good trade-in allowance for the wife. Can't hurt to ask. A man has to have his priorities!

Old 01-25-2015, 10:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 593 Likes on 318 Posts

Had the pleasure of driving and doing a tour with a UK owner who had the hard top version in the same color, he sold the car a week later for a bently gt. A beautiful motor, but i couldn't see past the color. I didn't like it, but that was my opinion.

Attached Thumbnails never see XKR-S vert for sale (French racing blue)-xkrs1.jpg   never see XKR-S vert for sale (French racing blue)-xkrs2.jpg