XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

New air intake system for XKR coming soon from Mina

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2018, 04:00 PM
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,427 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Okay, "SOMEONE" is running around deleting a bunch of my posts, and I certainly HOPE that it is not a targeted action against me alone.... but it appears that it MAY be such a case. Targeted censorship action taken unilaterally and solely by the discretion of a single individual without any ACTUAL and VALID reasoning would be very...... objectionable.
Anyway, I'm not a fan of ANY Michelin tires because of a horribly bad experience I once had with them, but on the OTHER hand, I have not had any experience WITH Michelin tires since then.... and I have heard that they VASTLY improved the quality since my debacle . . . . but I'd still be leery of trying them myself.

Of course, THIS post also may be deleted by person or persons unknown.
Yeah, it's a conspiracy, aimed directly at you.... /sarcasm
I deleted ONE of your posts, just one, when I moved a thread from the XK forum to the XF forum, it was the one "haha you posted in the wrong forum", that contribution will not be missed with that thread now in the correct forum.
I locked your thread about the speed limiter / top speeds, as I said would happen, the reasons were explained in that thread, no posts were deleted.
If there are other posts of yours, enough to be considered a "bunch" that are now gone, then i don't know what the story is there.
Personally I couldn't care less about your opinions on Michelin tyres, or what you post about them.
You've got my email address from when I helped get your reverse camera working, so if you've got a problem with me, then email me, don't clutter up the forum with this dribble.

Old 08-19-2018, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,511 Likes on 3,242 Posts

two

Old 08-19-2018, 05:14 PM
Veteran Member

And yep, your assistance with my camera AND setting up SDD was absolutely invaluable and helped me out beyond measure.
Evidently someone else deleted my other post.

Deleting THESE posts would probably be a good idea though......

Last edited by Cee Jay; 08-19-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-10-2019, 04:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ceejay

Without trying to side with anybody, the moderators would only delete a post, or posts they deemed were not useful to the members. The overal impression is that the forum is for fact based experience from members to assist others looking for help and I must say that I myself have found the advice given freely by others to be most appreciated, the last thing I would want is to be given wrong advice when in the middle of a project. In the end what the moderators do benifits us all, They have the un enviable task of sorting fact from fiction so what we read and put into practice works.

I would personally like to thank everybody who makes this site what it is, members and mods. Thank you for taking the time putting the benefit of your experience into words and pictures . Long may it continue. 🙂

yQUOTE=Cee Jay;1949144]And yep, your assistance with my camera AND setting up SDD was absolutely invaluable and helped me out beyond measure.
Evidently someone else deleted my other post.

Deleting THESE posts would probably be a good idea though......[/QUOTE]

Old 05-10-2019, 05:53 PM
Sponsor
Received 419 Likes on 249 Posts

Flow of the intake system or restriction of it should be measured by figuring vacuum drop at WOT. Dyno figures won't be as accurate as for example you could loose power because your free flowing intake is messing up your Volumetric efficiency table, and so actual flow of the intake setup is the correct way to measure intake efficiency. On some cars you need to tweak ECU programming to benefit from a better flowing intake

Old 05-10-2019, 06:32 PM
Veteran Member

New intake tubes on any supercharged engine would only be beneficial if there was a notable vacuum experienced in the OEM tubes at WOT. Using any pressure/vacuum differentiation between 'improved' and OEM would be the only measure to consider.