XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

New Vendor Introduction - VelocityAP Performance Exhaust Systems & ECU Tuning

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Received 852 Likes on 479 Posts
Default New Vendor Introduction - VelocityAP Performance Exhaust Systems & ECU Tuning

Hi Everyone,

We are brand new to the Jaguar forums, but very well known over on this site's sister board 6speedonline. If anyone wants to check us out or our reputation, Aston Martin - 6speedonline.com Forums is where we are well known for taking care of our customers and going the extra mile!

Velocity Automotive Performance was founded in 2007 and is based in Dorset, UK. We are a manufacturer of performance exhaust systems, catalysts & headers, as well as a provider of ECU Tuning products.

For the XK & XKR we currently offer a full cat-back Performance Exhaust system in 2 configurations (Sports & Supersports):
Jaguar XKR 'Sports' Sound Level Full Cat-Back Exhaust System

We also offer an ECU Tune + Supercharger Pulley performance package for the 5.0L SC engines. The ECU Tuning is delivered via an OBD cable + Android smartphone or tablet app. Rather than shipping equipment or ECUs back and forth, we deliver the cable to you along with the pulley. You read the file off the ECU using the cable + app, and it sends a copy of the original file to our ECU Tuning team. Each file is custom-written to each your specifications and then will be available for download and installation to the vehicle using the same App. Every file we write is covered by £2,000,000 GBP of public liability insurance for your peace of mind!
Jaguar/Land Rover ECU Tuning Supercharger Pulley Power

As new vendor we have an introductory offer to Jaguarforums members - Order our ECU Tune & Pulley and receive 20% off on any exhaust system, for a limited time only!

Please don't be shy if you have any questions, we like to talk cars and we want to hear from you

O: (1)250-485-5126
E: Stuart@VelocityAP.com
www.velocityap.com

Old 05-15-2014, 01:04 PM
Sponsor

Just for clarification (someone PMed me to ask), yes the cat-back exhaust includes the X-pipe, so I guess you could consider this a 'Stage 2' exhaust, although you can customize the sound level or select 'Sports' if you want to keep it civilized.

www.velocityap.com

Old 05-15-2014, 01:08 PM
Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts

Welcome to the forum....Did you previously have any kind of relationship with rsc tuning?

Old 05-15-2014, 01:20 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by russduka
Welcome to the forum....Did you previously have any kind of relationship with rsc tuning?
Hi Russ,

Thanks for the welcome! Yes I did previously have a relationship with RSC Tuning, but we have not been associated since February of 2013.

www.velocityap.com

Old 05-16-2014, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Stuart,

What, if anything, can you do for a 2006 4.2 XKR?

Old 05-16-2014, 09:33 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by C_Dub
Hi Stuart,

What, if anything, can you do for a 2006 4.2 XKR?
For the 4.2L XKR, we can offer a lovely set of sports rear boxes:
Jaguar XK/XKR 'Sports' Sound Level Rear Exhaust System

We can also reprogram the ECU, unfortunately not with the same Android platform & cable as the 5.0L but if you're in Lancashire I have dealers there who can reprogram for you with OBDII tools. Have a pulley as well, pricing is the same as for the 5.0L.

I would expect you to see around 40-45BHP altogether, and if you're up for a dyno we'll refund you 10% of the exhaust price!

Attached Thumbnails New Vendor Introduction - VelocityAP Performance Exhaust Systems & ECU Tuning-jaguarxksports-2t.jpg  
www.velocityap.com

Last edited by Stuart@VelocityAP; 05-16-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Hi Everyone,

We are brand new to the Jaguar forums, but very well known over on this site's sister board 6speedonline. If anyone wants to check us out or our reputation, Aston Martin - 6speedonline.com Forums is where we are well known for taking care of our customers and going the extra mile!

Velocity Automotive Performance was founded in 2007 and is based in Dorset, UK. We are a manufacturer of performance exhaust systems, catalysts & headers, as well as a provider of ECU Tuning products.

For the XK & XKR we currently offer a full cat-back Performance Exhaust system in 2 configurations (Sports & Supersports):
Jaguar XKR 'Sports' Sound Level Full Cat-Back Exhaust System

We also offer an ECU Tune + Supercharger Pulley performance package for the 5.0L SC engines. The ECU Tuning is delivered via an OBD cable + Android smartphone or tablet app. Rather than shipping equipment or ECUs back and forth, we deliver the cable to you along with the pulley. You read the file off the ECU using the cable + app, and it sends a copy of the original file to our ECU Tuning team. Each file is custom-written to each your specifications and then will be available for download and installation to the vehicle using the same App. Every file we write is covered by £2,000,000 GBP of public liability insurance for your peace of mind!
Jaguar/Land Rover ECU Tuning Supercharger Pulley Power

As new vendor we have an introductory offer to Jaguarforums members - Order our ECU Tune & Pulley and receive 20% off on any exhaust system, for a limited time only!

Please don't be shy if you have any questions, we like to talk cars and we want to hear from you
Welcome. Can you speak to how your exhaust system compares to the one offered by QuickSilver?

Thanks,

Hamish.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:19 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by hdavidson
Welcome. Can you speak to how your exhaust system compares to the one offered by QuickSilver?

Thanks,

Hamish.
Hi Hamish,

You know, I can't really comment with any authority because I haven't heard the Quicksilver XK system in person. They make some good products so I'm sure it sounds good. They have removed the rear silencer, and replaced with straight pipes, so leaving the central resonator/s in was a good choice to keep resonance and drone down.

I have heard our system in person and can tell you that it also sounds fantastic. Because we use a reasonable transverse rear silencer we also have the ability to fine tune/customise the sound levels. In our case we have utilized an X-Pipe central section which has some 'smoothing' affect on the sound, but also means that retaining the larger rear silencer is important for volume control.

My guess is that in practise there would be some subtle differences between the two, but I can't comment definitively because I haven't heard theirs.

www.velocityap.com

Old 05-18-2014, 04:11 PM
Received 45 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart@VelocityAP
Hi Hamish,

You know, I can't really comment with any authority because I haven't heard the Quicksilver XK system in person. They make some good products so I'm sure it sounds good. They have removed the rear silencer, and replaced with straight pipes, so leaving the central resonator/s in was a good choice to keep resonance and drone down.

I have heard our system in person and can tell you that it also sounds fantastic. Because we use a reasonable transverse rear silencer we also have the ability to fine tune/customise the sound levels. In our case we have utilized an X-Pipe central section which has some 'smoothing' affect on the sound, but also means that retaining the larger rear silencer is important for volume control.

My guess is that in practise there would be some subtle differences between the two, but I can't comment definitively because I haven't heard theirs.

Understood. Do you have a sense of how much louder your system is over the stock XKR-S exhaust? Are you able to describe the difference in sound and loudness between your Sport and Super Sport system?

Thanks,

Hamish

Old 05-19-2014, 06:26 AM
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

do you ship worldwide

and perhaps a soundclip of the XK exhaust?

Last edited by Parzival; 05-19-2014 at 06:33 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:24 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by hdavidson
Understood. Do you have a sense of how much louder your system is over the stock XKR-S exhaust? Are you able to describe the difference in sound and loudness between your Sport and Super Sport system?

Thanks,

Hamish
Hi Hamish,

I would say the 'Sport' sound level is slightly louder than the XKR-S system, and the Supersport is noticeably louder. It is hard to describe or differentiate things like that sometimes because one person's idea of loud is another's idea of quiet.

If you are interested in something, we also offer customized sound levels if people request them

www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (05-21-2014)
Old 05-20-2014, 11:26 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Parzival
do you ship worldwide

and perhaps a soundclip of the XK exhaust?
Yes we do ship worldwide. Although I manage our sales operation from Canada, we actually produce and ship from our facility in the UK, so shipping to Abu Dhabi shouldn't be too bad.

If you PM me your email address I'll send you a sound clip.

www.velocityap.com

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (05-21-2014)