XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

New XKR Owner, Some noise questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 09:21 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 931 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by 911f
Mine doesn't make any noises apart from the tweeter housing.

Oh, and when it's cold I can feel a slight clunk on idle every now and again.

Anyone know how to take the tweeter housing off?

Go to jagdocs.com and download the shop manual. The Jaguar shop manual is very detailed and will cost you about $25.00. A fantastic buy considering Mercedes charges the same for a 1 day access pass to their shop documentation, and over $300 for a month. The manual is completely indexed and searchable and is easy to follow. This will prove to be a valuable document for your off warranty car.

Old 12-08-2013, 09:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Muddydog
My seat belt chime/alert/shrill nails-on-chalkboard sound will also vary in and out from normal to distorted. I'd love to find a way to shut it off completely. Just moving the car from an upper deck to a lower-level garage is not far enough to put the belt on. In my old VW I reprogrammed it to think I was in Europe, and most of those annoying chimes went away.
Sounds just like mine

There is a method of putting the seat belt on and off several times whilst the car is in ignition on. This disables the chimes.

So I seem to recall

Old 12-09-2013, 08:18 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

amcdoanl, I'm not actually hysterical about the noise, just a little annoyed. I can hear it while the car is on and I'm driving slow or at a light. Of course it doesn't bother me after I turn the car off and leave and it stays on for 30+ min. Perhaps -I'm missing something in that there is a good reason for it to stay on so long with the car off? I'm also a little concerned that if it is noisy that it is sucking more power than it should and/or that the noise will get worse. Come on now, these ain't Yugos, so why should we put up with this?

Old 12-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,246 Likes on 1,361 Posts

The reason why Jaguar engineers these aspirator fans to come on when the exterior door handle is touched and to remain on after the engine is shut off has to do with the climate control system - to allow the system to stabilise more quickly; the remaining on after shut down seems to be predicated on the notion that the car is going to be used in a stop and restart situation. In any case, if the noise of the fan bothers you, a new fan can be put in (not costly, and not hard to do). I did this on my X-Type for the same reason - and the new fan is quieter but not absolutely silent. Once you know that this minor fan noise is normal, it seems to be less of a nuisance.

Old 12-14-2013, 04:34 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

Originally Posted by AVMIII
Also, the rear shade/privacy cover thing under the hatch window falls down sometimes.
Mine did, until I adjusted the latch mechanism. Basically, the toggles that hold the forward edge work by pulling or releasing a long screw that runs through a rubber tube. When the latch is pushed into the mounting hole and the toggle is pulled to the 'lock' position, it pulls on the screw and compresses the rubber so that it spreads out and can't come back out the hole. If it isn't set up right, it can either be part-compressed even when it's unlatched, so it doesn't fit through the hole properly in the first place, or not properly compressed when latched so that it falls out.

To adjust (while the cover is released), hold the rubber tube firmly and rotate the toggle arm so that it either increases or decreases the length of the screw, and thus changes the amount of 'squish' applied to the rubber.

The following users liked this post:
AVMiii (12-16-2013)