XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

OEM Integrated Backup Camera System

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2015, 04:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question OEM Integrated Backup Camera System

This topic has been discussed so many times I'm hesitate to even post the question, but a quick search of the forum didn't show any hits for the company (Emerald Integrations) so I thought I'd at least ask.

Has anyone seen this or heard of the product?

JAGUAR XK OEM Backup Camera System

Looks pretty cool and seems to do many of the things I would want with an aftermarket system, but getting the facts may tell a different story.

If I'm covering familiar ground here, sorry. Just let me know and we'll move on.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:04 AM
Received 77 Likes on 50 Posts

I don't recall ever seeing anything like this before. I, too, would be interested if anyone has any history with this company.
I do find it interesting that this is the only item they offer for the XK. I would love to get a look at their "simple" installation instructions.
Just because I am hoping to install the remote top and backup camera from Whitexkr at the same time, I hope he is getting close.

Old 10-30-2015, 07:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Since I am developing an integrated camera system, I have investigated Emerald Integration's product (I have actually purchased it). It is the same GVIF converter you can purchase from other sources for around $250 bundled with a decent quality camera.

It still requires manually switching to the navigation screen. Most disturbing, however, is the picture on an integrated image of a window with a parking sensor display on their webpage. This is absolutely NOT supported and is very deceptive advertising. When I challenged them on this they stopped answering my emails.

And their installation instructions are identical to the cryptic translation that you can find here: http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product...guide_V7.2.pdf

If you want to go this route, buy it from Car Solutions and buy a Boyo camera of your choice for around $50-$100 and you will save some money.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 10-30-2015 at 07:14 AM.
The following 5 users liked this post by WhiteXKR:
DGL (10-30-2015), RobB (10-30-2015), Stu72 (11-07-2015), Stuart S (10-30-2015), u102768 (10-30-2015)
Old 10-30-2015, 04:37 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Steve (WhiteXKR) knows his stuff. The lack of a backup camera in the pre-2012 XK is one of the reasons I upgrade to a 2013 XKR from a XKR175. There are many threads on the forum about installing a back up camera on the pre-2012 XK. If Steve is working on one I would wait for it. You will be guaranteed to have the best solution and service.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 917 Posts

DGL is right on!! Steve is an extremely reliable source for both information and the products he produces. I have his remote top control installed and couldn't be happier after 1.5 years with it.

Old 10-31-2015, 05:41 AM
Received 77 Likes on 50 Posts

Steve's response is exactly what I was looking for and I'll wait for his version.
With all the helpful/knowledgeable members on this forum, if this camera worked as advertised, I am quite sure someone would have been all over it.

Thanks Steve

Old 10-31-2015, 10:23 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Hey Steve,
While you're at it, could you work on a remote controlled opener and closer for the coupe hatch. The F-type has it, and often where I'm carrying stuff in both arms, I'd love to have the option of pressing a button as opposed to putting everything down to manually open it up. I bet there would be quite a few takers as well.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,988 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
Hey Steve,
While you're at it, could you work on a remote controlled opener and closer for the coupe hatch. The F-type has it, and often where I'm carrying stuff in both arms, I'd love to have the option of pressing a button as opposed to putting everything down to manually open it up. I bet there would be quite a few takers as well.
Thanks for the idea Ted. No guarantees, but I'll add it to the list of new products I am considering.

The following users liked this post:
tberg (10-31-2015)
Old 08-10-2017, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JAGUAR XJ OEM Integrated Backup Camera System

Any luck with developing your own? I would love a solution that would allow me to modernize The multimedia function such as backup camera, Bluetooth for streaming music, and some sort of way I could use Google Maps for navigation ,

Old 09-09-2019, 02:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When you get it ready.

When you get yours developed and working. Let us know and many of us will just wait on you mate.
Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
Since I am developing an integrated camera system, I have investigated Emerald Integration's product (I have actually purchased it). It is the same GVIF converter you can purchase from other sources for around $250 bundled with a decent quality camera.

It still requires manually switching to the navigation screen. Most disturbing, however, is the picture on an integrated image of a window with a parking sensor display on their webpage. This is absolutely NOT supported and is very deceptive advertising. When I challenged them on this they stopped answering my emails.

And their installation instructions are identical to the cryptic translation that you can find here: http://car-solutions.com/nfs/product...guide_V7.2.pdf

If you want to go this route, buy it from Car Solutions and buy a Boyo camera of your choice for around $50-$100 and you will save some money.