XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

operation of covertible roof and rear window by the smart key

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 07:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,985 Likes on 2,124 Posts

Originally Posted by kj07xk
Yes! Those are the brackets, and they attach at the same point as the 'black metal cover' in your detailed instructions (with the same screw and nut).
Removing both brackets makes the seat back removal/install much easier (for those of us that have the brackets!).
Great, thank you! If it is not too much trouble, I also would also still appreciate a picture of them installed. I will use the photo to update the instructions again to clarify what to do if you have this option.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by kj07xk
Yes! Those are the brackets, and they attach at the same point as the 'black metal cover' in your detailed instructions (with the same screw and nut).
Removing both brackets makes the seat back removal/install much easier (for those of us that have the brackets!).

OK the Mina windscreen does not use them. Thanks

Old 04-23-2015, 10:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,974 Likes on 1,325 Posts

Jaguar OEM windscreen open.

OEM windscreen folded.

OEM windscreen tabs inserted into slots.

OEM windscreen tabs (hinged metal).

OEM windscreen tabs, folded for storage.

OEM windscreen tab holders, between the seat backs and center cover.

Left bracket (when facing rearward), mounted with screw and nut that also hold the black metal cover over the RPD.

Right bracket (when facing rearward), held by the screw and nut that also hold the black metal cover over the RPD.

Gratuitous shot, showing WhiteXKR's Remote Top Control box in position.

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
... If it is not too much trouble, I also would also still appreciate a picture of them installed. ...
Happy to help!

Old 04-23-2015, 11:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

OK got it. No such brackets with aftermarket Mina design.

Old 04-24-2015, 08:00 PM
Veteran Member

Ken...a huge thank you for the photos of the factory wind deflector bracket in the vehicle!!!

I used a couple of them in updated instructions (rev 1.91) for removing/and re-installing this bracket during the Remote Top installation process at Installation - TheJagWrangler.

-Steve

Old 04-24-2015, 08:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,974 Likes on 1,325 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteXKR
Ken...a huge thank you for the photos of the factory wind deflector bracket in the vehicle!!!

I used a couple of them in updated instructions (rev 1.91) for removing/and re-installing this bracket during the Remote Top installation process at Installation - TheJagWrangler.

-Steve
Happy to help. Took a look at the revised instructions, looks great. Should make the next owner, that has these brackets, sweat a lot less than I did!
Glad to have made a small contribution to the community.

Old 04-24-2015, 09:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts
Default Mina Gallery/Adamesh Wind Deflector Installation with Pics

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but anyone who is interested in the aftermarket wind deflector sold by Mina Gallery and Adamesh should read this thread from 2011: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...flector-62273/

The biggest difference between the OEM and aftermarket deflector is the rear mounting pins. As stated above, the OEM uses brackets and the aftermarket does not. Here's a photo of the aftermarket pins, which mount in the seat belt slots:

For more details, see the above-referenced link.

Stuart

Old 04-30-2015, 09:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minor Issue with Fob Remote X150

Had the mod fitted to my X150 a few weeks ago and since then every now and then the roof fails to open when using the fob. This happens usually if the car has been left standing overnight or after a full day whilst I have been at work. The only way to 'fix it' is to unlock the drivers door and physically open the door and then close it again then lock it, sometimes 2 or 3 times This seems to reset it then I can use the remote fob option again.

Opening/closing the roof with the internal button still works everytime and there are no issues with the boot cover or obstructions etc... two green lights happily flashing away on the module...

I have gone to show off my new gadget twice now saying to my pals hey watch this... click click .... nothing... so was slightly deflated with that.

Is this a common thing or is it just me???

Any input as to why this is happening would be much appreciated.

2007 XK x150 4.2

Old 04-30-2015, 09:34 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with yourremote opening. Maybe you have alreadytried this but have you tried your spare remote and if so are you having the sameissues? The only other potential is togo back to the posi-connectors and make sure they are fully engaged onto therespective wires?

Good luck and I hope it's an easy fix!!

Old 04-30-2015, 09:45 AM

Yeah tried the other fob - same result. Only doing this door opening closing routine seems to reset it. Then I can open & close it all day long after that. But once it has been left for a while like i said... it stops.

All connections were soldered so not sure that would be the cause.

Why does opening and closing the door fix it?

Last edited by jonah1uk; 04-30-2015 at 09:49 AM. Reason: additional info
Old 04-30-2015, 09:49 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jonah1uk
Had the mod fitted to my X150 a few weeks ago and since then every now and then the roof fails to open when using the fob. This happens usually if the car has been left standing overnight or after a full day whilst I have been at work. The only way to 'fix it' is to unlock the drivers door and physically open the door and then close it again then lock it, sometimes 2 or 3 times This seems to reset it then I can use the remote fob option again.

Opening/closing the roof with the internal button still works everytime and there are no issues with the boot cover or obstructions etc... two green lights happily flashing away on the module...

I have gone to show off my new gadget twice now saying to my pals hey watch this... click click .... nothing... so was slightly deflated with that.

Is this a common thing or is it just me???

Any input as to why this is happening would be much appreciated.

2007 XK x150 4.2
This is not normal. The unit should be completely reliable.

After the car has been off for a few hours, please observe the blue light from the clear LED labeled 'headlight' near the center of the module.

It helps to tilt the remote module up a bit so you can get a better view of the LEDs on the circuit board. Then press the headlight button on the remote from outside of the vehicle. As you press the headlight button on the remote, watch for a blue light in the center of the circuit board.

Please tell me whether the blue light just quickly flashes, or if it stays on for about 25 seconds as long as the headlights stay on. I am only interested if it flashes or stays on just after pressing the headlight button. (It will normally flash once per second after the car is off for a few minutes).

If it just flashes and does not stay on for the duration the headlight stays on it is an indication that your car battery is failing. If this is the case a new battery should solve the problem. If a new battery is fitted, be sure to follow step 32 through 37 of the installation manual for reconnecting the battery.

If it is not the case, please contact me and I will work with you to find the solution. I guarantee 100% satisfaction on my products.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 04-30-2015 at 09:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Jaggy Pat (04-30-2015)
Old 04-30-2015, 10:02 AM

Cheers for that I will let you know how I get on...

Old 04-30-2015, 10:32 AM

I have noticed on other threads in this forum that intermittent problems are sometimes caused by a battery that is not 100%, it may be worth getting a health check on your battery. I have a Landrover Discovery 3 and had an issue with one remote and it was sorted when I removed the battery from the car and fully charged it overnight. Just a thought!

Old 04-30-2015, 10:42 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jaggy Pat
I have noticed on other threads in this forum that intermittent problems are sometimes caused by a battery that is not 100%, it may be worth getting a health check on your battery. I have a Landrover Discovery 3 and had an issue with one remote and it was sorted when I removed the battery from the car and fully charged it overnight. Just a thought!
True. There are many threads about issues in this vehicle caused by a low battery that are completely unrelated to the remote top.

When the voltage gets low due to a weak battery, erroneous messages get sent (or proper messages fail to get sent) on the communication links in the vehicle. Different functions in the car are at the mercy of these messages being correct for proper operation.

The problem is often exacerbated with these cars, since many are not (or were not always) daily drivers, and lead-acid batteries deteriorate rapidly when allowed to partially discharge.

Last edited by WhiteXKR; 04-30-2015 at 10:45 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by jonah1uk
Cheers for that I will let you know how I get on...
Hey Jonah, any updates on your issue with your remote roof opening?