XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Own an XK/XKR? Considering buying one? Watch these videos.

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 11:21 PM
Received 88 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks for posting Richzak!

This video was previously unavailable outside the US on other posts so it was great to finally see it for myself. A must watch if you own or are thinking of owning an XK!

The following vid on the XJ provides a further glimpse into the Jaguar manufacturing process.

These are indeed special cars. I love their use of Virtual Reality. Reminds me of the Star Trek "Holo-Deck"...

Old 06-03-2014, 07:26 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I need a cigarette to unwind. Thanks!!

Old 06-03-2014, 11:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

Ooooooooohhh my....it speaks to the heart!!!!

Old 06-04-2014, 03:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for offering the XK videos!

Old 06-04-2014, 06:13 PM
Veteran Member
Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Thanks Rich for posting this. It was very informative and definitely gave me a greater appreciation for our cars. As we all know, our cars are some of the most beautiful autos money can by and to see the pride and commitment to excellence, well, that just makes me feel a lot better about it. Thanks again Rich!

The following users liked this post:
richzak (06-04-2014)
Old 06-04-2014, 09:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by bklynchris
Thanks Rich for posting this. It was very informative and definitely gave me a greater appreciation for our cars. As we all know, our cars are some of the most beautiful autos money can by and to see the pride and commitment to excellence, well, that just makes me feel a lot better about it. Thanks again Rich!
Chris:

You are welcome.

As the title of the thread states "Own an XK/XKR? Considering buying one? Watch these videos", owners and potential owners should take some to view the videos. We own awesome cars, most people don't even have the opportunity to even consider a Jaguar.

But after someone spends 40 minutes to view the production what efforts and craftmanship go into these cars, they will appreciate what they have or what they may consider owning.

Old 06-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Jaguar video series

Richard, thank you for posting the video, I watched them three different times and had no idea that the process to make the XK series was so complex. I now have even more pride in my recent purchase. Thank you again.

Old 07-04-2014, 04:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Very informative. Thanks. On the third video, when discussing the engine/transmission mating the narrator stated the transmission would go to a normally aspirated, supercharged or DIESEL engine. I had no idea Jaguar had diesel powered cars. I must presume the're distributed in Europe or Israel where diesel is the prevailing fuel.

Old 10-05-2014, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member

Hello Everyone:

Please be advised that the production video from Speedmakers is now on Hulu.com. It has been removed from YouTube.

This "excellent" production video on how the Jaguar XK's and XKR's are produced can now be seen here.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/222956

If you own an XK/XKR or have been considering buying one of these iconic sportcars, be sure to watch this video. There are a few commericals, but well worth watching.

Grab a beer, wine, iced tea, or coffee and enjoy.

The following 3 users liked this post by richzak:
LoudInSeattle (10-05-2014), tberg (10-05-2014), u102768 (10-05-2014)
Old 10-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,245 Likes on 1,361 Posts

Rats! I missed this and now the video link has been cancelled...is there anywhere else it can be seen?

If you have been to the Jaguar factory to see how the cars are constructed, how the wood and the leather are finished, well...your pride in driving one (or more) of these rolling pieces of art increases tremendously. Here is a true story: when my wife and I toured the factory we watched the dyed hides being inspected selected for cutting. The inspector took a hide, put it on the cutting table, examined the top and bottom and put a rejection X on it. My wife asked if he would show us why it was rejected. he happily complied (anyone working in the factory is pleased to speak to you - the line moves so slowly that they are not pressured). He showed us a defect on the underside and (I have not forgotten his exact words): if that spot ends in a curved or stressed area when the leather is sewn the defect might show through "in a decade or so" - it was the last phrase that was so important and so impressive; Jauars are not made for a 5 year life span, and not necessarily made for a single owner. The pride of workmanship is enormous and that was clear in every individual we spoke to. Every interior is signed on the back of a piece of the wood and leather by the person responsible....I doubt very much that this happens with a Lexus, or with the "artico leather " in a MB (read "vinyl"), It is all the background quality that makes a Jaguar different from other premium cars...undefinable, intangible sometimes, but this is what makes us smile when we get inside, and what makes us look back when we park the Jag. And it is what makes no other marque quite as satisfying regardless of the number of electronic toys, settings, paraphernalia or horsepower. It is almost universal that people who sell a Jaguar in favour of another marque, come to regret the decision, and often for reasons they cannot quite explain.

Old 10-05-2014, 10:44 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by sov211
Rats! I missed this and now the video link has been cancelled...is there anywhere else it can be seen?

If you have been to the Jaguar factory to see how the cars are constructed, how the wood and the leather are finished, well...your pride in driving one (or more) of these rolling pieces of art increases tremendously. Here is a true story: when my wife and I toured the factory we watched the dyed hides being inspected selected for cutting. The inspector took a hide, put it on the cutting table, examined the top and bottom and put a rejection X on it. My wife asked if he would show us why it was rejected. he happily complied (anyone working in the factory is pleased to speak to you - the line moves so slowly that they are not pressured). He showed us a defect on the underside and (I have not forgotten his exact words): if that spot ends in a curved or stressed area when the leather is sewn the defect might show through "in a decade or so" - it was the last phrase that was so important and so impressive; Jauars are not made for a 5 year life span, and not necessarily made for a single owner. The pride of workmanship is enormous and that was clear in every individual we spoke to. Every interior is signed on the back of a piece of the wood and leather by the person responsible....I doubt very much that this happens with a Lexus, or with the "artico leather " in a MB (read "vinyl"), It is all the background quality that makes a Jaguar different from other premium cars...undefinable, intangible sometimes, but this is what makes us smile when we get inside, and what makes us look back when we park the Jag. And it is what makes no other marque quite as satisfying regardless of the number of electronic toys, settings, paraphernalia or horsepower. It is almost universal that people who sell a Jaguar in favour of another marque, come to regret the decision, and often for reasons they cannot quite explain.
Gregory:

Here's a link that I posted just above.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/222956

Enjoy the video. It's great.

Old 10-06-2014, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

Unfortunately, no one outside the US can view that video...the link is inoperative and HULU says it hopes to get rights to show outside the US...I won't hold my breath but I would sure like to see this.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:15 AM
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Old 10-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Who recognized the Top Gear footage?

I think there has never been a car on Top Gear that got so little negative feedback.. even the F type was worse

Last edited by Parzival; 10-21-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by jagdocs
Is this the same footage that was in the first three links?

Old 08-03-2016, 01:30 PM
Veteran Member

Our XKs are simply amazing cars in every respect. There is nothing on the road that equals them in their combination of enduring beauty, luxury, performance, reliability, economy of ownership and yes, prestige.
If you doubt that, a few minutes on the MB, Audi, BMW and Maserati fora will convince you.

Old 08-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,359 Likes on 3,173 Posts

Even the XKR vs V8 Vantage TG video on Daily Motion has been deleted.
Top Gear and BBC is being a total bitch since it lost the only good hosts. EML.

Old 08-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Veteran Member
Received 546 Likes on 348 Posts

Too bad the Beeb is removing content - this is good:

Last edited by McJag222; 08-03-2016 at 06:30 PM.
guy (10-24-2016)
Old 10-22-2016, 11:18 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

Unfortunately, ALL of the links to the free X150 construction videos posted above are no longer working.

Note that the Jaguar X150 construction video originally aired as Episode 1 on Speedmakers. Google "Episode 1 Speedmakers", and check out those links. The link to TV Guide takes you to InfinitY (Comcast) TV, and if you're a subscriber you should be able to watch it. UPDATE: I'm a subscriber, and that program isn't available on XFINITY. If anyone finds it, please post the link.

This XKR video is from Jaguar, and is worth watching:

Last edited by Stuart S; 10-22-2016 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Added UPDATE
guy (10-24-2016)
Old 10-23-2016, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

Originally Posted by McJag222
Too bad the Beeb is removing content - this is good:

One of my faves
Interesting and fun integration of the fantasy power slide clips from the video game into the actual road test video. I noted that Jeremy is driving a 4.2L XKR, as evidenced by the shapes of the parking lights in the front bumper and rear tail lights. The XKR in the Hot Pursuit video game is a 5.0L. I like his description of the engine spun aluminum trim. Too bad he's gone from that show.

Quick Reply: Own an XK/XKR? Considering buying one? Watch these videos.