XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

People keep asking for my car at gas stations lol

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2016, 08:56 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default People keep asking for my car at gas stations lol

How many times have you guys got questioned at gas stations or stores while out in the beautiful XK models. My number one question has been what year and kind of car is my Jag. Someone thought it was a bentley. i have had her for 1 week and 2 days and I constantly get asked questions. One guy waited for me to get out as he slowed down in his BMW to ask me what model was my Jag and several other questions. My wife always walks off if she is with me lol. I guess this will be the norm now.

Old 01-22-2016, 09:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 633 Likes on 410 Posts

I have not had that yet in my Jaguar. In my previous BMW 650 I would get it all the time. Whenever someone asked me for my car I told them I would laugh and say "sure, but you have to make the payments". Of course I never told them I paid cash for the car so payment was zero....

The following users liked this post:
vnewtonXK07 (01-23-2016)
Old 01-23-2016, 08:12 AM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I had the Pizza Hut delivery guy offer me free pizza for life for mine. I thought about it but passed!

Govtslug

Old 01-23-2016, 08:59 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GovtSlug
I had the Pizza Hut delivery guy offer me free pizza for life for mine. I thought about it but passed!

Govtslug
That's a good one

Old 01-23-2016, 09:15 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

I guess a lot depend on where you live as to what comments you get. If you are in large cities where there is a diversity of non run of the mill cars then seeing a Jag XK may not be as unusual as living in a country or rural location. I have always has lets say unusual type of cars that bought various comments from "what the hell is it" for my 1960 Daimler SP250 to "wow is that a Ferrari" to "nice what a beautiful car" for the XKR. I had a friend of mine who is in the insurance business run an inquiry in my county to see how many Jaguar XK models were insured. He found only 3 and I know where 1 of them is. On the contrary a few years back when I had my 308 I asked a similar question and to my surprise there were 10 of them in the county. As we all know the XK is a uniquely styled car and stands alone on the roads. I usually get comments where ever I go some wanting to know what it is and some just to say it is a beautiful car. When you see a BMW or Audi or MB or Lexus or Porsche or etc. regardless of the model they all look the brand and for the most part don't turn heads. Then when you see a Ferrari or Lambo or AM and a XK it is rare but is a real head turner. Anyway just my 2 cents here on my opinion as I might have an ego issue.

Old 01-23-2016, 10:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 243 Likes on 169 Posts

I agree with Jagtoes, I think a lot depends on where you live. Although my profile says Chicago, I'm actually about 1.5 hours NW of the city in a relatively rural area. Lifted Chevy and ford diesel trucks are more common than luxury cars. That being said, most people don't seem interested in it and I'm largely ignored (and occasionally hassled in a negative way).

If I drive about 30min to some of the expensive areas that are littered with BMWs, Audis, MB, etc- THEN I get a lot of attention, because people have some idea of what it is and, I like to think, are jealous

My XJS actually gets the most attention out of all 3!

Old 01-23-2016, 10:43 AM
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Im always asked if its a Maserati. But once I was blown away when a kid asked his dad is that a Ferrari?!?! and father replied " no its better than" I thanked him.

Old 01-23-2016, 11:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,575 Likes on 1,419 Posts

Drving my 2010 coupe, last night, I was in a gas station when two young men (maybe late teens or early twenties) came over to me to compliment my car. This has been becoming a more regular occurrence. However, my 2002 XKR convertible garners more compliments than any car I have ever owned including my '72 Pantera (granted, I don't drive the Pantera too often). The 2010 is a more modern, muscular, mean looking car while the 2002 is the more classic, sensual, XKE derived auto.

In Los Angeles we certainly have no shortage of any of the exotics including Lambos, Ferraris, Porsches, etc., but the X150 seems less common on the streets than any of them. I see a few of them while driving everyday, many more of the X100, but I think the beauty and the rarity of the model attracts people's curiosity.

Old 01-23-2016, 01:46 PM
Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I live in a semi rural area....about 20 miles north of Charlotte. But it is also a pretty affluent area on Lake Norman so there are some pretty serious cars up here. Lots of MB's, BMW's, Porsches, Audis, and a bunch of high end American muscle. I also live in the heart of NASCAR country so there are quite a few people up here who know their stuff about automobiles.

That being said...I get stopped ALOT when ever I have the XKR out. Mostly I get asked what kind of car is it. And always I get told that it is beautiful. I also get asked how fast is it. And when I tell people the performance on the car, I almost always get the same response "I didn't know Jaguar made a car like that!!!"

I have only seen one other XK around town and it is a pre 2010. It does feel pretty cool to have almost one of a kind.

Old 01-23-2016, 02:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

I am constantly telling people its the best car that nobody ever knew about... and then I say... No, its not for sale and yes they stopped making them :P

Constantly asked at stop lights and anywhere else what it is... i just yell out.. "Its a Jag-you-Waa!!"