XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Performance modifications

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2017 | 12:46 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I know it has been mentioned before, but how about a wet Nitrous Oxide "Cheater" kit?
And put all of them together and what do you get? One hell of a rocket, I certainly bet!

Old 01-28-2017 | 01:52 PM
Rey

I note an absence of comments on advantages of larger lower crank(sic) pulleys and intercoolers. Check out Eurotoys who offer both. Prices are not cheap. Seems most tuners have installed smaller upper pulleys. You can go only so small with an upper pulley. The drive belt needs a minimum contact area to prevent slipping. More tension on the belt loads up the superchargers bearings. A crank pulley is much more difficult to install. But, "while you are in there" one can also install a larger intercooler.

Old 01-28-2017 | 02:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rey
I note an absence of comments on advantages of larger lower crank(sic) pulleys and intercoolers. Check out Eurotoys who offer both. Prices are not cheap. Seems most tuners have installed smaller upper pulleys. You can go only so small with an upper pulley. The drive belt needs a minimum contact area to prevent slipping. More tension on the belt loads up the superchargers bearings. A crank pulley is much more difficult to install. But, "while you are in there" one can also install a larger intercooler.

The lower pulley on a 5.0 is fairly easy to install when compared to the upper. The lower pulley just unbolts, most of the work can be done under the car. Jacking up the car and removing the under-tray is the hardest part.

Mike

Old 01-28-2017 | 04:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Eurotoys
The lower pulley on a 5.0 is fairly easy to install when compared to the upper. The lower pulley just unbolts, most of the work can be done under the car. Jacking up the car and removing the under-tray is the hardest part.

Mike
How about for the 4.2? I have heard the standard crank pulley is already as big as it needs to be, can you advise what is available and what could be expected for install and gains?

Old 01-28-2017 | 06:16 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Rey
Steve, no testing before/after throttle body boring. My Jaguar is the n/a base model. I was interested in a bit more top end power for high altitude driving, with no driveability/gas mileage loss.
The electronic throttle body control acts much like a constant velocity carburetor, so there is no bogging at low rpm/high throttle opening with a larger bore. You can easily "do the math" to measure overall throttle plate area before and after. Bore area will only tell the absolute maximum potential airflow. Read somewhere (cannot find the quote) that "suck through" throttle body supercharged motors like Jaguar are much more responsive to throttle body bore size than "blow through", like Paxton.
Once Derek gets the headers up and running I might also go the larger throttle body.

Getting closer to my goal e.t in a n/a has proved to be quite the challenge !

Old 01-28-2017 | 06:20 PM
Former Sponsor

The upper & lower pulley together will give you 50-60 bhp depending on which upper pulley you use. The downside is the cost of the lower pulley kit. This kit starts with Jaguar pieces and they are not cheap.

The lower pulley installs the same as a factory Jaguar damper assembly. However, you also have to fit the clearance oil filter adaptor.

Mike

The following 2 users liked this post by Eurotoys:
jahummer (01-28-2017), Panthro (01-30-2017)