XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Performance seat question/interior questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2014, 06:44 PM
Received 77 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Performance seat question/interior questions

Does anyone know if the xk performance seat can be take apart and put back together? Im thinking of removing the backs of the seats and the 2 plastic trims in the cutouts and having them done in carbon fiber. Also thinking of doing the lower door panel that is covered in carpet/fabric in carbon if anyone knows if thats a separate piece....maybe the "a" pillar covers on inside also. Slightly off topic also posted this in another thread...does anyone know if you can purchase the seat belts in red for the xk? And how big a job it is to change them if available? Any other suggestions for parts i can make in carbon fiber ? Sorry but tune is done now so on to something else...lol and yes i know this post is all over the place. Sorry again but doing this on phone

Old 04-25-2014, 06:52 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Download the shop manual from Jagdocs.com for about $30.00. It will serve you well for many years. It's excellent value and the manual is easy to follow unlike Mercedes shop manuals which are difficult to follow, give little detail and cost 100 Xs more.

Oh yeah, I love the red seat belts in the F-type. Would the seat belts from the F-type work? May be a dealer question. Holy crap your car's going to be amazing. I'll be in NY City this summer and would love to see it.

Last edited by DGL; 04-25-2014 at 06:59 PM.
The following users liked this post:
russduka (04-27-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 10:31 AM

Thanks will order tomorrow. Ill keep everyone posted if i end up doing anything.

Old 04-27-2014, 01:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

If it was assembled, it can be disassembled. Provided you can get good replicas made, you should be able to replace the original panels. If that looks tricky, you could consider getting them skinned using hydrographic printing, provided the surface is suitable (smooth would be best).

I can't imagine the F-Type belts are any different to the XK ones. Replacing the belts doesn't look too difficult, except you have to make the Supplemental Restraint System safe first, thus disabling the pretensioners. After that it's just a case of removing the rear quarter trim panel (which includes unbolting the 'free' end of the belt) and replacing the retractor unit.

russduka (04-27-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 06:22 PM

Im going to try to go ahead with some parts probably by end of week. I guess if anyone is still interested in cf paddles let me know maybe i can squeeze him for discounts on paddles if i go through on my order.

Old 04-27-2014, 06:38 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by russduka
Im going to try to go ahead with some parts probably by end of week. I guess if anyone is still interested in cf paddles let me know maybe i can squeeze him for discounts on paddles if i go through on my order.

Dam you're a tease. I'll love to change my interior over to CF like yours but I'm so dam tight with my money. I hate to spend a lot of money on customizing it because I get bored of cars very quickly. I'm even thinking about getting another GT-R. However, your CF interior works well with your car.

Old 04-27-2014, 07:09 PM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Are you changing out the aluminum paddles on your GT for carbon fiber ones?

Old 04-27-2014, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by DGL
Dam you're a tease. I'll love to change my interior over to CF like yours but I'm so dam tight with my money. I hate to spend a lot of money on customizing it because I get bored of cars very quickly. I'm even thinking about getting another GT-R. However, your CF interior works well with your car.
Im tight with money also but.....you only live once ...and the line of business i am in we are getting into our 8 busy months of the year so it should work out....hopefully....i am also into changing cars often as you are but on this one i made my mind up that im going to keep it (i think) lol.

Lothar52 (04-29-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 08:13 PM

Originally Posted by Octurbo
I have already changed to cf. i had a full real cf kit waiting for the car when it showed up. Here are the pics since you didnt see them. I beleive they are attached. Im sorry if there not and sorry if there is duplicates im doing this from my phone

Attached Thumbnails Performance seat question/interior questions-image.jpg  
jleuz1 (04-29-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 08:15 PM

Here is the wheel. Sorry for last post

Attached Thumbnails Performance seat question/interior questions-image.jpg  
jleuz1 (04-29-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 09:04 PM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Here is the wheel. Sorry for last post
Wow, that cf wheel and paddles look great! Have you had any problem hitting the stalks with your hands while shifting with the larger paddles?

russduka (04-29-2014)
Old 04-27-2014, 10:27 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Russ, that interior in your GT is absolutely perfect!! The guys that did the CF are craftsman. I think their are only a few companies in the US that are certified to do seat belt work, shouldn't be too hard to find.

Mike

russduka (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 07:44 AM

Wow, that cf wheel and paddles look great! Have you had any problem hitting the stalks with your hands while shifting with the larger paddles?

Thanks

No problems yet with paddle shifters. I think they are at the limit of size though for this car. I am actually going ahead with having the instrument cluster trim made in cf (will get to change what I consider the worst and cheapest part in all jaguars) also changing from a pillar back to rear on roof line. And going ahead with center stack lower section below the armrest area/cup holder area. also door sill tread plates in cf (will keep my stainless inserts) and the trim on inside of door sill that is plastic that swoops from lower footwell area in front to lower door area in rear. Still waiting on answer for the seat insert and seat backs and the fabric area on lower front doors

Old 04-29-2014, 10:03 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Hi Russ - I know you mentioned it before, but what shop is doing the CF work? I have to say its some of the best custom CF I've seen.

Last edited by MaximA; 04-29-2014 at 11:18 AM.
russduka (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by MaximA
Hi Russ - I know you mentioned it before, but what shop is doing the CF work? I have to say its some of the best custom CF I've seen.

The name of the company is nexxon motors based out of Turkey. Don't be mislead by country of origin as they are craftsmen at there trade. All CF is hand woven and fitted. The contact person there is izzy 201-731-2212. Its a NJ number but actually rings him in instanbul. They are not cheap by any means but the work is flawless. They have won a bunch of awards at the sema shows and other places also. I would highly recommend them. Factory grade carbon if not better.

MaximA (04-29-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 12:22 PM
Veteran Member

Thank you! I want to replace a few plastic pieces as well and the work I've seen so far on your car is by far the best quality for real CF. I'm definitely interested in replacing the plastic around the door sills and the center dash bezel. Also the steering wheel looks great and I'd love to have a flat bottom.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:41 AM
Default going ahead with some parts

Just to keep everyone posted I am going ahead with the seat backs in carbon, also the the seats inserts (all 4 )(both sides front and back) Door sill trims(will install new rs gt stainless inserts to match existing) and the inner trim right inside the door sills that goes from front footwell (plastic that has the hood latch coming out of it ) all the way back to the end of the door. Will keep everyone posted when complete. Should be about 4 to 6 weeks.

DGL (05-04-2014)
Old 05-03-2014, 08:51 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

The name of the company is nexxon motors based out of Turkey. Don't be mislead by country of origin as they are craftsmen at there trade. All CF is hand woven and fitted. The contact person there is izzy 201-731-2212. Its a NJ number but actually rings him in instanbul. They are not cheap by any means but the work is flawless. They have won a bunch of awards at the sema shows and other places also. I would highly recommend them. Factory grade carbon if not better.
Do you Thank the y can make a front splitter ?

Old 05-05-2014, 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Quebecjag
Do you Thank the y can make a front splitter ?

As far as I see they can make almost anything out or carbon fiber. But you should contact them. He also always needs a "core part"
to duplicate from.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:45 AM
Veteran Member

Are you still having the instrument bezel and Door sill area made of CF? Maybe he'll come down on price if you order two as I want those as well. Those are two plastic pieces that are driving me nuts. I think I'm covering the carpeted section of the door in leather as it fits my car better then CF in yours, as its not as aggressive.

Quick Reply: Performance seat question/interior questions