XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Pinstripe or No Pinstripe?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 08:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,285 Likes on 3,449 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
... I'm thinking about getting a set to conceal some minor curb rash... I'm not sure if black or silver would be best, so I emailed them for samples. I'll let you know what I think.
Here's the reply I received today from Rim Ringz: "We unfortunately don’t have a sample of the material as we only have access to the already manufactured and packaged product."

If my company took that approach, we would have been out of business decades ago. Without free color samples, Rim Ringz lost a potential sale. Management needs improvement.

Just my

Stuart

The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (04-30-2013)
Old 05-05-2013, 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 120 Likes on 87 Posts

IMHO, if Ian Callum didn't think it needed pinstripes, I wouldn't put them on. The car is gorgeous as is.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Received 59 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by chazaroo
IMHO, if Ian Callum didn't think it needed pinstripes, I wouldn't put them on. The car is gorgeous as is.
I saw in the latest issue of "Car & Driver" that Ian Callum was voted as the best lead designer of any car company. I defer to his taste also.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by v8cat
I saw in the latest issue of "Car & Driver" that Ian Callum was voted as the best lead designer of any car company. I defer to his taste also.
He certainly is a talentuous designer but when they designed the 2003 xk, with front air suspension, its may not be him, but they will have done better doing something else that day.

Old 05-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by chazaroo
Originally Posted by v8cat
While I generally agree with both of you, it is apparent from the threads on this forum that many owners enjoy customizing ("upgrading") their rides from an appearance and/or performance standpoint. How is striping wheels any different from adding an aluminum footrest to match the other pedals? I think my new footrest is what the factory forgot! See https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...r-88734/page2/

As for Ian Callum's taste, I love the early X150 design (2007-2009) but hate the latest XKR-S version with its tacked-on looking boy-racer carbon fiber wing, scoops, and catfish face. I just wonder what he really thinks about that design evolution.

Just my

Stuart

Old 05-06-2013, 12:20 AM
Received 63 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuart S
While I generally agree with both of you, it is apparent from the threads on this forum that many owners enjoy customizing ("upgrading") their rides from an appearance and/or performance standpoint. How is striping wheels any different from adding an aluminum footrest to match the other pedals? I think my new footrest is what the factory forgot! See https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...r-88734/page2/

As for Ian Callum's taste, I love the early X150 design (2007-2009) but hate the latest XKR-S version with its tacked-on looking boy-racer carbon fiber wing, scoops, and catfish face. I just wonder what he really thinks about that

Just my

Stuart
Dude, did you forget that the guy who started this thread owns a Xkr-s! I understand that everyone has different opinions, but the only negative comments I hear about the RS come from this forum. I think you have to understand that people who like the Xkr-s, Xkr-s gt, or Xfr-s tend to like more aggressive/performance oriented cars than jaguar has previously offered. I think you should try to be more opened minded towards people who own these type of cars on this forum.

Old 05-06-2013, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Octurbo
Dude, did you forget that the guy who started this thread owns a Xkr-s! I understand that everyone has different opinions, but the only negative comments I hear about the RS come from this forum. I think you have to understand that people who like the Xkr-s, Xkr-s gt, or Xfr-s tend to like more aggressive/performance oriented cars than jaguar has previously offered. I think you should try to be more opened minded towards people who own these type of cars on this forum.
Oops! I didn't realize you owned an XKR-S! No offense intended to you or anyone else who prefers the latest designs over the earlier ones. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. As I said earlier, just my 2 cents.