XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Post Tune Run

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 07:32 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by Ngarara
Good luck with it, mate - this saga needs to come to a happy ending!

+1

The following users liked this post:
MaximA (04-21-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Having a cover could also mean you are happier with a certain factory ECU update, not necessarily a non factory tune. Although it will draw some attention is probably better then having it over written.

SoCal Babe (04-20-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 09:11 PM
Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximA
Having a cover could also mean you are happier with a certain factory ECU update, not necessarily a non factory tune. Although it will draw some attention is probably better then having it over written.

I am happy that your eurocharge tune can be replaced. Are all Eurocharge tunes the same at different franchises through out the U.S. or did they custom make your tune?

Old 04-20-2014, 09:17 PM
Veteran Member

Mine was a custom tune, and thankfully it was saved.

SoCal Babe (04-20-2014)
Old 04-20-2014, 09:24 PM

Mine was a custom tune, and thankfully it was saved.
I am supposed to hve my '13 xkr ragtop done by Eurocharge on wednesday of this week. I assume that I shouldnt expect the same great results that you had on your initial Eurocharge tune??

Old 04-20-2014, 09:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 263 Likes on 203 Posts

ECU updates are something a tech does as part of diagnosing a problem. There are constant updates to these cars. It is a definite flag to a tech & it sounds like you had issues at the dealer. Be nice it will get you a lot further as they could reflash your car every time you go in & never tell you.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,419 Posts

SoCal Babe,
Who is doing your tune and where? I will have a 5L coupe soon, I believe, and am lining up some modifications to both the body and the engine as it is at my mechanic's shop right now?
Thanks, in advance. Also, specifically, what are you having done, and if I can be a bit nosey, what is the cost?
Thanks again.

Old 04-20-2014, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by tberg
SoCal Babe,
Who is doing your tune and where? I will have a 5L coupe soon, I believe, and am lining up some modifications to both the body and the engine as it is at my mechanic's shop right now?
Thanks, in advance. Also, specifically, what are you having done, and if I can be a bit nosey, what is the cost?
Thanks again.
I was to have it done in Glenview, illinois at Eurocharge but my fiance said to ship my car to florida as he has heard great things about custom tunes there by Eurocharge
I already have the exhaust on with no mufflers, resonators, just straight pipes and the x pipe

I already put on the pulley so they gave me a price of 1100 U.S.

If you have any suggestions, let me know. I am still in Illinois taking care of my mom, thats why I am not having it done in Southern Cal. Thanks for any advice you can give me

Old 04-21-2014, 10:12 AM
Veteran Member
Received 484 Likes on 405 Posts

The talk with the GM was more about the service overall. One headlight being replaced instead of two after I was told both were being replaced, and service being performed that I did not ask for. I've been very clear about them telling me everything that is being done to the car. Don't flash it, don't wash it, don't change my air pressure etc. I had to have my rear R logo replaced and look at the photo of the paint damage they did removing the glue. I had to have my detailer buff out the damage and apply the correct logo. After having my car in the shop for a month for the brake upgrade, the headlights should have been it.. Now I have to go back for the other headlight, send off my ECM and have my detailer spend the an hour fixing their damage. Not only that I wasted my entire Friday evening driving an three hours to the track and back for nothing. All this after I bought a RR Sport from them that same day..

Very annoying, but I'm going to look at the positive, now they will treat my car with kid gloves and Jerry can further tweak a few things with the tune based on the last dyno results. At least I have another car to drive while I wait for the ECM.
You let the dealer wash your car, too? I'd be so pissed if my car came back with all those scratches on top of all you've been through already!!

Old 04-21-2014, 10:20 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
ECU updates are something a tech does as part of diagnosing a problem. There are constant updates to these cars. It is a definite flag to a tech & it sounds like you had issues at the dealer. Be nice it will get you a lot further as they could reflash your car every time you go in & never tell you.
I'm always nice, there is no other way to resolve an issue. I specifically asked them to NOT to reflash the car so its frustrating. On top of all the other things they screwed up it was just a horrible dealer experience but I know he was only doing his job.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:22 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
You let the dealer wash your car, too? I'd be so pissed if my car came back with all those scratches on top of all you've been through already!!
Oh god no they didn't wash it or I would have fainted. My R emblem lost its paint so they had to replace it. Looks like they used a brillo pad to remove the glue.

Old 04-21-2014, 10:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by SoCal Babe
I was to have it done in Glenview, illinois at Eurocharge but my fiance said to ship my car to florida as he has heard great things about custom tunes there by Eurocharge
I already have the exhaust on with no mufflers, resonators, just straight pipes and the x pipe

I already put on the pulley so they gave me a price of 1100 U.S.

If you have any suggestions, let me know. I am still in Illinois taking care of my mom, that's why I am not having it done in Southern Cal. Thanks for any advice you can give me
Jerry is the only guy at Eurocharged that tunes the jags so as long as you are at a shop with a Dyno that he is familiar with you are good to go. He will remotely connect to the shops PC which is connected to your car. He will read your file have then do a few pulls than tweak as needed. he'll repeat this process until the tune is right. My first "tuned" pull was around 490 RWHP and we ended up at 530 so I'm sure you'll be close. All I have beyond the tune and pulley is cat back exhaust and BMC air filters.

SoCal Babe (04-21-2014)
Old 04-21-2014, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by JgaXkr
BTW I was noticing all your mods very nice

I'd like to get deeper into mind at some point with some porting and polishing but want to wait until the warranty expires.

You are right there are plenty of updates that are released on a regular basis, this was just bad timing and I asked for it never to be touched.

Old 04-21-2014, 07:06 PM

Jerry is the only guy at Eurocharged that tunes the jags so as long as you are at a shop with a Dyno that he is familiar with you are good to go. He will remotely connect to the shops PC which is connected to your car. He will read your file have then do a few pulls than tweak as needed. he'll repeat this process until the tune is right. My first "tuned" pull was around 490 RWHP and we ended up at 530 so I'm sure you'll be close. All I have beyond the tune and pulley is cat back exhaust and BMC air filters.
Thanks so much for putting my mind at ease