XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Potential XK(s) owner looking for insight

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016 | 03:26 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hm1
True, but the drivetrain is almost identical. Even the current F-type V8's engine is virtually the same design as a 1998 xkr-- it's an old.. but proven engine.

Where do you come up with this stuff? There must be some cosmic conspiracy of passing you misinformation. The difference between a 1998 jaguar engine and a 2016 is about 50 years. There is nothing in common in the design.

Old 08-22-2016 | 04:00 PM
Banned

Again Q&C why are you entering logic into his responses? Remember he has serious issues regarding the info system that don't exists (the imaginary buttons he doesn't like, the fact that he has to access this system to turn on the AC which again is ridiculous, slowness, that the colors aren't nice, etc) and his argument when questioned as this basis for his conclusion were never addressed as they are so preposterous he knew he was caught being silly. He's now giving advice to curious potential owners on a car he has never owned nor likely has ever driven based upon how clearly absurd his previous objections/issues were.

You're trying to fight emotion and misinformation with fact, it just doesn't work, if you doubt me try that with your wife when she gets mad. Seems like you've got a new "Mikey"... you two get a room

Last edited by Leeper; 08-22-2016 at 04:09 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (08-23-2016)
Old 08-22-2016 | 05:58 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Leeper
You're trying to fight emotion and misinformation with fact, it just doesn't work, if you doubt me try that with your wife when she gets mad. Seems like you've got a new "Mikey"... you two get a room
Just curious about the mindset. How blissful some can be in an alternate reality they created, it should somewhat be envied. I am convinced that it is a normal part of ageing, the brain releases delusional hormones, to make one believe the past was much better; it seems rational at one level; if it did not, one would asphyxiate at the thought that the world was getting better as they were declining. Not unlike the feeling of warmth in the last stages of hypothermia.

Truth is, regardless of age, our minds convince us that whatever we have, knowledge, material things, we have the best. Does anyone every say I just dont have enough knowledge- therein lies the Achilles heel of man's mind. At every age in our lives, we believe this is the smartest we will ever be, every generation thinks this is the most evolved we will ever be. When the French had perfume to mask the smell of the chamber pots, and men wore frocks, no one said, god we are primitive.

Last edited by Queen and Country; 08-22-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Old 08-22-2016 | 06:12 PM
Banned

Gal-darn Q&C... you use that tongue purdier than a $20 w****! (Blazing Saddles).

Ones paradigm is their truth. I truly believe he believes that he writes however it out touch with reality it is.

Using his model I've decided to assist others their LaFerrari, Gulf stream G5, and luxury yachts with a length of 400' and greater purchases as a trusted and respected authority on the matters. I may also advise women on what child birth is like

Last edited by Leeper; 08-22-2016 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2016 | 07:25 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hm1
True, but the drivetrain is almost identical. Even the current F-type V8's engine is virtually the same design as a 1998 xkr-- it's an old.. but proven engine.
Hey Leeper and Q&C,

Give hm1 a break! What's wrong with what he said? Doesn't it depend on what the meaning of "almost" and "virtually" is? After all, at this point, what difference does it make? My thanks to Bill&Hill for my re-education.

Truth is, reality is in the eye of the beholder. But is reality truth? A criminal defense attorney knows that the most unreliable witness to a crime is an eyewitness.

Some people believe what they want to, regardless of facts, reality or truth.

Stuart

Old 08-23-2016 | 09:28 AM
Veteran Member

hey Stuart, its leeper who has a stiffie for this guy. I did give him a break and correct his misconceptions. I don't have a problem in general with folks who are turned around. I do have one with misinformed master debaters who try to shutdown a debate, like that clown with the stype.

Old 08-23-2016 | 12:02 PM
Banned

No Stiffie. When and where I grew up when someone acted like an idiot in school either the teacher or the students dealt with them and they learned quickly to act accordingly... today they get special treatment, coddled, and rewarded thus the poor behavior is encouraged thus repeated. He has come to this site asking questions which was great, then making preposterous claims (not great), when questioned "nicely" he tried to changed the subject or ignore the answers, when called out on this he started claiming horsepower as though we'd look the other way. Now is giving advice to potential buyers on something which he has ZERO knowledge of and I'm calling him out on that. If that's a problem with you Stuart then so be it but I'll continue to do so with him or anyone else when they are both wrong and uneducated yet present themselves as informative trying to advise others. The last thing I'd want when seeking advice would be someone doing that and I'd REALLY appreciate others stepping in correcting that behavior so I, or others, don't heed that advice wrongly.

I've been wrong here more than once and happily corrected myself. I seek knowledge from people like WhiteBear and others who are not only smart, but educated and so appreciate their insight, this has saved me time and money. It is that which makes sites like this so valuable but with that also should come with a level of self-policing when someone is just plain wrong (ie - he hates the buttons on the infotainment system)... what if others looking at a X150 were to take his opinion/advice? I won't reward such ignorant behavior, if you do good on you.

And you comment as to "give him a break"... ahhhh nope! If my posts on this matter bother you oh well, ain't gonna stop. If he pops up with more ignorance I'll be right there

He does not have a X150 yet, based upon his several posts it also appears he has never driven one he is telling others what to look for... that should come with an automatic giant sticker on his posts.

Cee Jay (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016 | 02:26 PM
Veteran Member

Hey, Q&C/Leeper - I guess you didn't get my sarcasm, with my not-so-veiled references to two of the most infamous Bill and Hillary Clinton (Bill&Hill) lies. I'm not criticizing either one of you; I agree with both of you 100%. Read my post again and you'll see. What's wrong with what he said? Everything; facts, reality, truth? What difference does it make? It makes all the difference.

Q&C - I'm a fan of your expertise in the King's English. Jolly good job title for the head of the debate team. Do you know what his job title is when he's not debating and is back at work as the First Mate on the fishing boat responsible for keeping the bait on the hooks?

Last edited by Stuart S; 08-23-2016 at 02:30 PM.
Old 08-23-2016 | 04:51 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Do you know his job title is when he's not debating and is back at work as the First Mate on the fishing boat responsible for keeping the bait on the hooks?
Equally perplexing why the baiter or anyone for that matter was called First Companion.

Old 08-23-2016 | 06:51 PM
hm1

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
Where do you come up with this stuff? There must be some cosmic conspiracy of passing you misinformation. The difference between a 1998 jaguar engine and a 2016 is about 50 years. There is nothing in common in the design.
Uhh... Have you ever even worked on one of these engines yourself? Do you even know its history?? Research it a bit, and you'll quickly educate yourself. It's been enlarged, had direct injection added, and electronics updated...but it's the very same engine. You'll even find a version of this engine in the old Lincoln LS V8's..

I think maybe the engine cover plastic is throwing you off..

Old 08-23-2016 | 07:08 PM
Veteran Member

AJ-V8 Gen III

An all new direct injection 5.0 L engine family was introduced in 2009 (all new engine block).[6] New featuring: spray-guided direct-injection, continuously variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing. The naturally aspirated engines also feature cam profile switching and variable track length inlet manifold. Supercharged engines make use of a sixth-generation twin vortices supercharger. The 2010 model year engine conforms to EU5 and ULEV2 emissions regulations.[6]

ralphwg (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016 | 07:11 PM
Veteran Member

Well done Cee Jay!!

Old 08-23-2016 | 07:26 PM
Veteran Member

Google is your friend...

Old 08-23-2016 | 07:28 PM
hm1

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
AJ-V8 Gen III

An all new direct injection 5.0 L engine family was introduced in 2009 (all new engine block).[6] New featuring: spray-guided direct-injection, continuously variable intake and exhaust camshaft timing. The naturally aspirated engines also feature cam profile switching and variable track length inlet manifold. Supercharged engines make use of a sixth-generation twin vortices supercharger. The 2010 model year engine conforms to EU5 and ULEV2 emissions regulations.[6]

'Gen 3' of the AJ-V8. Thanks for making my point. It's been updated and upsized, same basic engine. The all 'new part', well that's great marketing..

Old 08-23-2016 | 07:28 PM
Banned

He's on a roll CeeJay, don't go throwing facts/proof/information/truth on it like a wet blanket on a fire... its fun hearing his banter at this point. Clearly the one he didn't drive, and never looked at, had buttons, a bad info system,thin doors and the older aforementioned engine... it could happen!

By "basic" engine" he means it has the same amount of pistons

Cee Jay (08-23-2016)
Old 08-23-2016 | 07:30 PM
hm1

Jaguar set to replace 'aging' engines. https://www.jaguarforums.com/articles/jaguar-land-rover-to-replace-sc-v8s-with-bmw-turbo-v8s/

Old 08-23-2016 | 08:39 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by hm1
'Gen 3' of the AJ-V8. Thanks for making my point. It's been updated and upsized, same basic engine. The all 'new part', well that's great marketing..
If you are going to go into generalities then you might as well say that there has been no update since the 4 stroke engine was developed in the late 1800's. Still uses gas and air, still a reciprocating piston internal combustion engine. Ignore the other details like direct injection, variable timing, etc. Still the same old engine.

Old 08-23-2016 | 08:50 PM
Veteran Member

There is actually a really interesting wiki article on it that goes through the developments. I dont know whether it is accurate or not.

With the replacement of the AJ engine, essentially Jag are coming out with an igenium (sp?) 6 (I think it might be a straight six) to replace the current V6 supercharged which is from the AJ Gen III block, just missing some cylinders.

I guess that they cant use the igenium structure for the 8, hence the BMW route. I heard an X6 take off the other day, sounded awesome.

Old 08-23-2016 | 09:53 PM
Banned

Good please stop your ruining the comedy here.

Old 08-23-2016 | 09:55 PM
hm1

Originally Posted by tampamark
If you are going to go into generalities then you might as well say that there has been no update since the 4 stroke engine was developed in the late 1800's. Still uses gas and air, still a reciprocating piston internal combustion engine. Ignore the other details like direct injection, variable timing, etc. Still the same old engine.
No. Let's make it simple so everyone understands. You know the Chevy LS1 V8? Same basic engine as the LS2 or LS4. Upgraded over the years. Anybody that knows cars will get it now.

There should really be a technical forum here, for those that work on their on cars

Quick Reply: Potential XK(s) owner looking for insight