XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

The real difference between a Jaguar buyer- today

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2016, 11:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,383 Likes on 1,609 Posts

Originally Posted by mosesbotbol
I don't think he was being overly dissatisfied for the service he received and under no circumstances should a dealer ever "stick to a customer" regardless of how demanding or lack of appreciation they appear to have.

Granted, being a good sport could warrant going "above and beyond". Jaguar in the USA has had a mixed bag of dealership experiences. In MA, there is about 5-6 different Jag dealers and two of them are horrible. To me, they haven't returned calls, sent me the wrong parts, and/or triaged something in an order they knew wouldn't fix it but could charge me more...

If it wasn't for my local indy and a good dealership that knew what they were doing; I'd be hesitant in buying one again. Luckily Jaguar has been sold in MA for a long time and there are places that are competent and nice to deal with. Heck, my indy gets calls from Jaguar dealers all the time on how to fix or diagnose something on older cars several times a month. Then again he asks them on the newer cars if it's something new for him...
I categorically agree. I was offering him a fresh perspective and a British strategy. When one shows dissatisfaction, the other side has nothing to lose; When one longs to be pleased the other side is encouraged to oblige- human nature really.

Yes you are blessed in the North East (including Canada) Outside UK its the most English community in so many ways. Yes only there have I seen repair shops the likes of which you would only find in the British Isles, small and intimate yet massively competent, even in the electronics age.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,430 Likes on 3,207 Posts

Miata........... hahahahahahahahaaaa!
Sorry, couldn't help myself.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Miata........... hahahahahahahahaaaa!
Sounds like a fairy kamikaze.

Old 03-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 85 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by Queen and Country
^ You are always dissatisfied, if I was a dealer I would stick it to you too.
I would save my favors for someone who was appreciative. And as we say a good sport.

Maybe you think by being a pain they will make sure you dont return. But you are the best person to make money from without guilt.
you meant, that you think I am a pain for them? I have been a good guy otherwise, bringing the car even too much for anything....
I have always tips everybody there, I like Paco the ex service manager a lot.
I spent maybe 350k in jags in 15 years, with 10 jaguars.

I think tomorrow I will know if I buy a 2013 rapide but not s, i am waiting a buyer and if he does not get it, it be mine.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 03-08-2016 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:56 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008
you meant, that you think I am a pain for them? I have been a good guy otherwise bring the car even too much for anything....
I have always tips everybody there, I like Paco the ex service manager a lot.
I spent maybe 350k in jags in 13 years, with 10 jaguars.

I think tomorrow I will know if I buy a 2013 rapide, i am waiting a buyer and if he does not get it, it be mine.
No I mean use your charm, remind them they are more than mechanics and its more than a car.

The following users liked this post:
jagxk2008 (03-08-2016)
Old 03-08-2016, 02:51 PM
Veteran Member

yes you are right, i must have done so when Paco updated my front shocks and i just paid for the work. but when i was going back and forth without results, i loose my temper and i spoke bad on the phone, this is what 2 dealership told me. one called the cops, and i must have go there and talk, i never went, i left. i was pissed off at france. never got any troubles when i was back. it still my country, but i don't like it. they will make you pay for their unprofesionalism. i rather pay more and get pro doing it for real.

Old 03-08-2016, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member

listen , automotion jagaur told me buy a kit at arden.de to lower the suspension of the xj , ( 2003 -2009 boat suspension 4xair...headache.) cost 2 k 300 e to install. arden sells it saying jag germany tolerate it with the warranty.
arden sent the kit but instead of lowering of 2 cm it lowered it of 2 inches! jag lyon who installed it should have find out it was out of settings. i drove 30 days the car was ****ed up, bushes dead, it took us 8 months to have it resolved, 2 steering column changed and many more, expert hired no results,,
arden sent me this used kits with wrong measure, inisde a dirty plastci bag and with an invoice of 2k i could nto read, no ink,

after knowing not only i lost the car warranty but dealer rejected me and when the rack and pinions broke, they told me to come back in 45 days....it was the begining of a long nightmare where i could not even drive the car to go to buy and do my job, too windy , no control at all...went to 5 delaer jag in frnace none of them wree helpful and they never looked at the bushes, nothing at all.until valencia jagaur helped me out...but it has been such a nightmare and arden has all his responsability and never did nothing. i do not recommend arden to nobody. when jaguar automotion told me to come back in 45 days without even checking if the part rack and pinions was available or not. i told them i coudl nto work and it was taking too long and i said it was the dealer responsability to resolve this or at least to diagnose it well, i was mad i said something about the owner there, that i wish him the owrst in his life,and 2 days pass and his mother died....i know its very stupid but i was just talking and was too pissed off at being driven like this..

in return they reported me to the cops. i think i was so much triggerred by their attitude. sorry i was wrong talking like this, but they were wrong treating me like this. I do not like jaguar attitude.

in between they sent me a tow truck for free and then sent me a letter registred to pay in full or i will be sued. in between too, a main girl at jag france says she had that kit and it was very good and fine, one day, then they said i was out of warranty another day. very weird attitude from jaguar. i stuggle for months to have a right diagnostic. i was ok to pay, but could not resolve it. I was crying, no shame to write it down. you sent 350k and you suffer, "les griffes de la marque" they sent more than one 30 years old jag dealer changing of name....jaguar's claws in your face....

these are the jags i owned
xj6 84, xj6 95, xj6 97, xj6 96, xj8 99, xj8 03, xjr 04, xj 09, xk 08, xkr 10

I do not expect luck or charm to help me out, i expect to be treated a loyal way. indeed i do not need luck or help. it will be fine. i, more expect and hope to make a bunch of bucks to pay the bills.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 03-08-2016 at 04:32 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,202 Likes on 933 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123
I find their suspension to be spot on perfect for a GT car. I don't understand why yours was rough on uneven pavement. I drive in NYC where the pavement is horrendous and it handles it just fine. The last thing I want from the XK is a harsh sports car ride - for that I would drive an F-Type, Miata or a Porsche.
I live in Boston and drive city roads almost exclusively. The car would hop on uplifted pavement quite easily and I thought the ride spot on until I got the Lotus. The Lotus is like driving a Caddy in comfort compared the XK.

Old 03-09-2016, 09:01 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by jagxk2008

I think tomorrow I will know if I buy a 2013 rapide but not s, i am waiting a buyer and if he does not get it, it be mine.
Was at Aston dealer yesterday (also a Lotus dealer) for annual service and when those Aston V12's start, nothing can touch that sound!!! They had a Testarossa in the shop and that couldn't hand a candle to the Aston in sound.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:14 AM
Received 335 Likes on 201 Posts

I live in Boston and drive city roads almost exclusively. The car would hop on uplifted pavement quite easily and I thought the ride spot on until I got the Lotus. The Lotus is like driving a Caddy in comfort compared the XK.

Which Lotus did you drive? The Lotus Elise that I drove had the pretty rough ride. The Lotus forum also states often how harsh the ride is as well. Here is a quote from the website the Truth about Cars:
Strange how yours feels like a Caddy.

Unbelievably Rough Ride
As mentioned, on my two Vegas joyrides I had no complaints, but on the rough streets in my area it was shocking how shocking the bumps were. Hitting large bumps or potholes produced such a loud & jarring shudder that I began to (rather unsafely) dodge such hazards at the expense of level-headed driving. Such bumps made me think that the car was being damaged every time — this feeling did not go away with familiarity even though I knew that the car could (probably) take it. It was just so unsettling to have the whole car crashing around me sounding like it was about to break in half.

Old 03-09-2016, 10:36 AM
Veteran Member

Which Lotus did you drive? The Lotus Elise that I drove had the pretty rough ride. The Lotus forum also states often how harsh the ride is as well. Here is a quote from the website the Truth about Cars:
An Evora which is often noted for how plush and compliant the ride is. Not to mention the steering is another league and all done without fancy dampers and electronics...

I read one article on "Truth about Cars" on an Evora S review that was utter garbage. So far off from the truth, I question if he actually drove it... I know of one other former XK owner (who is still on this forum now and then) who say the exact same thing as me on the comp between the two cars...

I am not knocking the XK either. That car was love at first sight for just about anybody who crossed her path. If it were a manual, I would've kept it.

Last edited by mosesbotbol; 03-09-2016 at 11:55 AM.
jagxk2008 (03-09-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 10:53 AM

Ahhh now it makes sense. The Evora is a different animal from the Elise.

Old 03-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Veteran Member

Was at Aston dealer yesterday (also a Lotus dealer) for annual service and when those Aston V12's start, nothing can touch that sound!!! They had a Testarossa in the shop and that couldn't hand a candle to the Aston in sound.
i got the car insured and will be picking it up friday 8 am, an april 2013, with 5 months warranty AML. dealer got me 30% off the insurance too. the only rapide perfectly serviced i could find in france, serviced each year with right mileage and time. its rare.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 03-09-2016 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-09-2016, 02:55 PM

↑ Pics please.

Old 03-09-2016, 04:18 PM
Received 160 Likes on 113 Posts

"Much has been said about a Jaguar buyer being the pipe and slippers sort."

So what happened to the "Gin and Jag brigade", refering to the upper middle classes preferred car, and their favorite tipple?
Both of which seem to be making a comback!
Regards,

Old 03-09-2016, 04:52 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by White Bear
Both of which seem to be making a comback!
Regards,
Funny you should say that. They are indeed- only the Gerries have convinced them that the way to do that is in a BMW and handcrafted beer. But dont they see the Uber drivers are doing the same.

Old 03-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Veteran Member

↑ Pics please.
i do not have good images now, only the ad and its a bad quality but will post a few. thanks

Old 03-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Veteran Member

i like the rear shape view with this image, slightly dif than the jag

the interior look a bit odd sometimes, the gps is maybe not to be used, that shape is also old, but it still looks beautiful.

Last edited by jagxk2008; 03-09-2016 at 05:24 PM.
mosesbotbol (03-10-2016)
Old 03-09-2016, 05:19 PM
Received 160 Likes on 113 Posts

BMW have managed to convince the world they make a sporty car, but with only one Le Mans win in its history, vs 15 for Porsche, 13 for Audi and 7 for Jaguar, they have a long way to go with the cognoscenti.
I do like a good beer, but there's no substitute for Gin.
Regards,

Old 03-09-2016, 09:15 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by White Bear
BMW have managed to convince the world they make a sporty car, but with only one Le Mans win in its history, vs 15 for Porsche, 13 for Audi and 7 for Jaguar, they have a long way to go with the cognoscenti.
I do like a good beer, but there's no substitute for Gin.
Regards,
Even more, a nation that has never produced a likable music group or movie has convinced Americans that they get passionate lifestyle and all its trappings. Oh the irony. I dont know how they define happiness, never seen any comedy from there either, but in England happiness is a cigar (British) and a proper cat going for a whirl through the winding countryside. Could this be the reason they keep buying up all our car companies/ formulas. Not unlike how we sold them the design for the Panzer tank. It is peculiar that Mighty German engineering machine would want to buy our antiquated Rolls and Mini Cooper.

Last edited by Queen and Country; 03-09-2016 at 09:18 PM.

Quick Reply: The real difference between a Jaguar buyer- today