XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Remove sound horn alarm

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 05:02 AM
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Remove sound horn alarm

Does anyone know how to remove the beeping sound when the car is locked?I mean by closing the car

Old 03-29-2020, 06:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,320 Likes on 3,465 Posts

Does the sounder beep when you press the lock button the first time, just once? Or does it beep only when you press the lock button two or more times?

It shouldn't beep with just one push of the lock button. If your outside mirrors automatically fold and you have that feature activated, your mirrors will fold inwards when you press the lock button. That's your visual confirmation that the doors are locked.

If you press the lock button immediately after the doors have been locked, the sounder will beep. It's an audible error message. To stop it from beeping don't push the lock button twice.

Or you can remove the sounder. But it's a useful device because it also warns you that a bulb has failed together with a warning light on the dash.

Old 03-29-2020, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Does the sounder beep when you press the lock button the first time, just once? Or does it beep only when you press the lock button two or more times?

It shouldn't beep with just one push of the lock button. If your outside mirrors automatically fold and you have that feature activated, your mirrors will fold inwards when you press the lock button. That's your visual confirmation that the doors are locked.

If you press the lock button immediately after the doors have been locked, the sounder will beep. It's an audible error message. To stop it from beeping don't push the lock button twice.

Or you can remove the sounder. But it's a useful device because it also warns you that a bulb has failed together with a warning light on the dash.
What I want is to be able to lock the doors by pressing 2 times without the horn sounding.
Where is that horn to be able to disconnect it?

Old 03-29-2020, 09:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 668 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Jomiltom
What I want is to be able to lock the doors by pressing 2 times without the horn sounding.
Where is that horn to be able to disconnect it?
The point is why when one press will do?

Old 03-29-2020, 10:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,256 Likes on 2,379 Posts

OK so to answer you question, you need SDD to do that.

Old 03-29-2020, 10:30 AM

The operation of the car is all normal, the only thing I need to know is where is that damn horn to disconnect it since when I close the car I do not like to attract attention.
Does anyone know where he is physically?

Old 03-29-2020, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member

The passive anti-theft horn is located in the RH rear corner of the engine compartment and attached to the bulkhead. Have you tried downloading the service manual?

http://www.mediafire.com/?2ssiyne7ma1fs#0ec9q9v8qhanh

Old 03-29-2020, 10:43 AM
Veteran Member

Then just press the lock button once. The sounder beep is an error message when you press it the second time.

If you still want to disable the sounder, see your dealer.

The following users liked this post:
ralphwg (03-29-2020)
Old 03-29-2020, 11:07 AM

Then just press the lock button once. The sounder beep is an error message when you press it the second time.

If you still want to disable the sounder, see your dealer.
I don't understand why it says the beep indicates an error. In the car manual it is very clear that when I close the car by pressing 2 times the whistle will sound indicating that the lock is locked so that the doors cannot be opened from the inside.
My car does it right, but I don't want it to beep when I lock safely.

Old 03-29-2020, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Sean W
The passive anti-theft horn is located in the RH rear corner of the engine compartment and attached to the bulkhead. Have you tried downloading the service manual?

I have it downloaded but I can't find the location.
Thanks for your attention

Old 03-29-2020, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Sean W

Problem solved.
In the end, and thanks to your help, I managed to find the blessed alarm horn.
Now it no longer sounds when I lock the car in lock mode, but it indicates this with a longer flash of the turn signal lights.
Fantastic and without having to pay money to deactivate the system.
Cheers

peterv8 (03-29-2020)
Old 03-29-2020, 02:09 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Jomiltom
I don't understand why it says the beep indicates an error. In the car manual it is very clear that when I close the car by pressing 2 times the whistle will sound indicating that the lock is locked so that the doors cannot be opened from the inside.
My car does it right, but I don't want it to beep when I lock safely.
Double locking is disabled on North American models to comply with US law that considers it unsafe if children are left inside. The beep on the second push is an error message. Every year, kids die from heat stroke when left in a car. Being able to open the doors from the inside whe locked can save lives.

European models have double locking. The beep on the second push is to remind you to make sure you didn't leave your kid in the car.

My fault, I should have noticed that you're in Spain. Glad you got it sorted.

Buzzer (04-28-2020)
Old 03-29-2020, 02:49 PM

Double locking is disabled on North American models to comply with US law that considers it unsafe if children are left inside. The beep on the second push is an error message. Every year, kids die from heat stroke when left in a car. Being able to open the doors from the inside whe locked can save lives.

European models have double locking. The beep on the second push is to remind you to make sure you didn't leave your kid in the car.

My fault, I should have noticed that you're in Spain. Glad you got it sorted.
My fault for not specifying where I reside. Indeed I live in Spain and as you say here in Spain if it has the blockade.
I could not have imagined that in the United States you had suffered this type of accident with children. It is good to know it to take it into account and not to commit such a disaster.
Thanks for the info.
Greetings.

Old 03-29-2020, 03:02 PM
Veteran Member

happens far too much and frankly once is too much. The powers that be ask adults to put their purses, briefcases, lunches, etc in the back seat so they're reminded the have a kid in back, while auto makers are working to create an occupancy sensor alarm functionality

https://injuryfacts.nsc.org/motor-ve...ssues/hotcars/

V7Sport (03-29-2020)