XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Replace Senta wheels with.....

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2017, 08:13 AM
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Cambo/mickyboy, thanks for that, I agree they are definitely not Alcons.

Old 03-08-2017, 08:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 789 Posts

milleniumaire:

Since your Jag is not equipped with the Alcon Braking system, finding aftermarket wheels should be quite easy. The wheel offsets, center bore, bolt pattern is a standard size. There is nothing special about the Jaguar wheel fitment.

You may want to look at Coventry branded wheels as these are produced specially for Jaguar models with perfect fitment.

The Coventry Whitley is a fantastic looking wheel.

Here's a quick link for your review and consideration. Pricing of these wheels are excellent, and large National chains like Discount Tire, or America's Tire in California sells these wheels and they can order them for you.

Jaguar Rims by Coventry

There are several models that look awfully attractive.
Coventry also have wheels in the 19" and 20" setup that will provide a wider stance appearance to the Jaguar.

Richard in New Mexico

Last edited by richzak; 03-08-2017 at 08:32 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 11:24 AM
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi richzak, thanks for the link.

It's really the Gyrodynes that I'm considering buying as I can get a reasonably priced second hand set.

Also, I love the look of the F-Type coupe and have a background wallpaper photo of a white one with Gyrodyne wheels. I've been looking at this for over a year and always thought those wheels would look great on my XKR. Sad, I know!!!

While I can't quite stretch to a £90K F-Type R, I can manage a set of F-Type wheels

Old 03-08-2017, 03:42 PM
Received 91 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos236
I'm a Sabre fan,,,

We are clearly in the minority. I was never a fan of chrome wheels; they seemed too flashy, especially when they were aftermarket wheels. But the chrome Sabre wheels look tough and tasteful at the same time, IMO. Plus, they're a breeze to clean them. I just wipe them off with a rag every other day, with an occasional spritz of Rain-X glass cleaner when needed (works fantastic).

It's funny just how personal and varied and subjective rim styles are for a given vehicle...

I also agree with Cee Jay about not liking wheels with fake bolt heads. Cleaning wheels like that must take all day! With my OCD, it would be the end of me....lol.

The following users liked this post:
Cee Jay (03-08-2017)
Old 03-08-2017, 03:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 789 Posts

Considering you can buy a complete set of the F-Type Gyrodyne wheels for under $2000..(about $470 each) ...any other aftermarket set would probably sell for about $1200 to $1400.

So adding $600 to $800 to get what you want would not be much of an increase.

Proper fitment is the key. Appears the bolt pattern (5 x 108MM) is the same, just be sure to check the offsets.

Richard in New Mexico