XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Replacement N/S door mirror for my 2007 XK convertible

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2023, 06:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacement N/S door mirror for my 2007 XK convertible

I have managed to destroy my L/H (N/S, passenger-side) door mirror. The shell (silver grey) has gone completely and the electrical angle-adjustment mechanism no longer works. The only bit which survived was the actual mirror glass, which isn't much use if I can't support it or point it in the right direction!

I would appreciate advice / guidance on the following, please:
(1) The whole mirror + shell assembly will presumably need replacing. Any suggestions as to where (in the UK) to look for one, please? Any idea of cost?
(2) The automatic 'viewing-angle-tilted-down-when-reversing / automatic-revert-to-normal-angle-again-afterwards' never worked properly, even though this feature was selected 'on' in the on-screen options. Will complete replacement of the entire mirror assembly be likely to fix this, or is the fault likely to be somewhere else in the car's vastly complicated, over-computerised electrics?
(3) The car did not / does not have power folding mirrors. Is it possible to retro-fit this feature (presumably, by completely replacing both door mirrors) or would it require extra wiring / re-programming of the main computer? If it is possible, any suggestions as to where I might be able to obtain a pair of power-folding door mirrors, without needing to be lottery-winning wealthy?

Any help, guidance, suggestions, advice or useful comments welcome, as always.

Old 07-04-2023, 06:54 AM

BUMP!

Aww, c'mon, guys. I can't be the only person who has damaged / destroyed a door mirror, and needs to replace it.

Any comments / advice / suggestions, please? Folk on here are usually knowledgeable & very helpful.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,320 Likes on 3,465 Posts

Check:

Forum sponsor SNG Barratt. They're in the UK and sell parts.

Search for new Jaguar parts to find the correct part number, and then do a Google search for it.

Ebay.uk

Breakers (used parts dealers aka junkyards)

Place a "Parts Wanted" ad in the Forum Marketplace

Good luck!

Old 07-04-2023, 09:39 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,431 Likes on 3,207 Posts

Pacific Motors.
I don't think you would want to try to go to power folding mirrors, the wiring is probably not there.

Old 08-12-2023, 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Pacific Motors.
I don't think you would want to try to go to power folding mirrors, the wiring is probably not there.
Thanks - but that is exactly why I asked. Does anyone know, please? Is the wiring there, or isn't it? Is there any way to check?

Old 08-12-2023, 07:38 AM
Veteran Member
Received 6,320 Likes on 3,465 Posts

Did you call SNG Barratt as I recommended? They have the Jaguar Electronic Parts Catalog and should be able to tell you if the power folding mirrors will work if you give them your VIN.

If you called SNG Barratt and they weren't able to help you, then phone the Jaguar franchised dealer nearest you, which is Marshall Jaguar in Gloucester. Call their Parts Department at 01452916008 and give them your VIN. They will look it up and tell you the correct replacement Part Number, if it is still available, and the price.
Marshall Jaguar UK

Old 08-12-2023, 11:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,256 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by Titus2
I have managed to destroy my L/H (N/S, passenger-side) door mirror. The shell (silver grey) has gone completely and the electrical angle-adjustment mechanism no longer works. The only bit which survived was the actual mirror glass, which isn't much use if I can't support it or point it in the right direction!

I would appreciate advice / guidance on the following, please:
(1) The whole mirror + shell assembly will presumably need replacing. Any suggestions as to where (in the UK) to look for one, please? Any idea of cost?
(2) The automatic 'viewing-angle-tilted-down-when-reversing / automatic-revert-to-normal-angle-again-afterwards' never worked properly, even though this feature was selected 'on' in the on-screen options. Will complete replacement of the entire mirror assembly be likely to fix this, or is the fault likely to be somewhere else in the car's vastly complicated, over-computerised electrics?
(3) The car did not / does not have power folding mirrors. Is it possible to retro-fit this feature (presumably, by completely replacing both door mirrors) or would it require extra wiring / re-programming of the main computer? If it is possible, any suggestions as to where I might be able to obtain a pair of power-folding door mirrors, without needing to be lottery-winning wealthy?

Any help, guidance, suggestions, advice or useful comments welcome, as always.
It was an option to have power fold back mirrors up to 2009 (2008 UK). Thereafter it was standard. Definitely requires some programming with SDD. Could be as simple as adding the feature in the CCF so it appears as an option to select on the touchscreen. I've looked at wiring diagrams for 07, 10, 12 MY. There is nothing on them that shows any additional wiring or modules. Not saying there isn't. I just didn't see any. Movement of the door mirrors is controlled by the door module.

Can 't say replacing the existing mirror would fix a bug since you don't know if the bug was in the mirror or the door module. Over here in the US I see them occasionally for about $700 per mirror. Then you need SDD of course so if you don't have that, add labor.