XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Roof Seal Came Apart

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 01:11 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Roof Seal Came Apart

Hi everyone,

I was looking through the site to see if there was already thread on this,

I just noticed that a small portion of the seal on my roof came became "unstitched/loose". Everything with the windows are perfectly fine, not having any other issues all of the rest of the seals are good just only this small portion that just may have got caught in something loosening it up or fallen out of place.

This is the location of where I am talking about - just where the roof begins to fold up at the boot cover when it raises up -

And here is the part in question where the stitching and/or glue have become a little loose from the vinyl looking cover it was stitched/glued to.

Roof Seal Came Apart-image.jpegi

And for comparisons sake this is the other side of the roof where everything is still "properly stuck" together.

So I suppose my question is how I can go about getting it back in place, is it something as simple stitching, or do I somehow maneuver it back into place? Or some other method - any suggestions would be great.

Old 05-24-2017, 06:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,048 Likes on 1,372 Posts

I don't see a difference between picture #2 and #3, other than a 45 degree rotation. Did you post the right pictures?

Old 05-24-2017, 09:42 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kj07xk
I don't see a difference between picture #2 and #3, other than a 45 degree rotation. Did you post the right pictures?
Nope, wrong picture indeed, sorry! Let me try this again -