XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

School me on this........XKR-S

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 09:07 PM
Received 78 Likes on 58 Posts
Default School me on this........XKR-S

As some might remember I am a dealer, buy and sell along with owning a body shop so this and my 37 years in the car industry gives me enough knowledge to be dangerous. This being said.... and my short lived love of Audi S5's (so over that), that I decided to check out some XKR's and came across the 2 French Blue XKR-S's on eBay. How come all the pricing guides I use show them listed at about wholesale money ?

Ones at I think 91K the other at 93K but both have make an offer tabs. I mean the VA one with like 1400 miles at 91 ?? or offer seems like it could be bought for under 90. What am I missing ???

I respect the knowledge on this forum and how some guys are just way more connected on a daily basis to whats out there and what its worth than I am so what gives ? It is my lust for French Blue that I have blinders on?? Are these really not worth the money or are the buyers so few they have to give them away and they are a steal? Maybe nobody else likes the French Blue..... though I see BMW is coming out with there own version (copycats). I wish either of these cars were close to me..... though 90K for a toy "to me" is a bit much. Then again Im not getting any younger, LOL, and its only money.

Old 05-26-2014, 09:23 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by John Fox
As some might remember I am a dealer, buy and sell along with owning a body shop so this and my 37 years in the car industry gives me enough knowledge to be dangerous. This being said.... and my short lived love of Audi S5's (so over that), that I decided to check out some XKR's and came across the 2 French Blue XKR-S's on eBay. How come all the pricing guides I use show them listed at about wholesale money ?
Ones at I think 91K the other at 93K but both have make an offer tabs. I mean the VA one with like 1400 miles at 91 ?? or offer seems like it could be bought for under 90. What am I missing ???I respect the knowledge on this forum and how some guys are just way more connected on a daily basis to whats out there and what its worth than I am so what gives ? It is my lust for French Blue that I have blinders on?? Are these really not worth the money or are the buyers so few they have to give them away and they are a steal? Maybe nobody else likes the French Blue..... though I see BMW is coming out with there own version (copycats). I wish either of these cars were close to me..... though 90K for a toy "to me" is a bit much. Then again Im not getting any younger, LOL, and its only money.

John Fox:

There is nothing out of the ordinary on these two Jaguar XKR-S listed on eBay. The 2013-2012's priced in the $90,000-$91,000 is the going rate. These have been sold in this price range for months.

I believe forum poster SCHWABE may have bought his XKR-S from Rosenthal in Vienna, VA for around this price, perhaps a bit lower. These cars do not move that fast and one reason, why Jaguar dealers will take offers. These cars look very good with ultra low mileage and still carry a long warranty.

Jaguar XKR XKRS | eBay

Jaguar XKR Base Coupe 2 Door | eBay

The French Blue at Rosenthal presents the best value for model year, mileage, and price. My bet is you could get this car for under $89,000.

Yes, it's only money. Enjoy.

The Vienna, VA was listed previously for under $90,000 ($89,775)....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-XKR-B...US_Cars_Trucks

Also the coupe style is usually priced less than the convertible model.

Last edited by richzak; 05-26-2014 at 09:32 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 09:56 PM
Received 44 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
There is nothing out of the ordinary on these two Jaguar XKR-S listed on eBay. The 2013-2012's priced in the $90,000-$91,000 is the going rate. These have been sold in this price range for months.
I can vouch for that. Bought my 2012 convertible this year for below this range. It was, however, 'high mileage' at 12k! Go for it - these amazing cars are amazing value IMHO.

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 02:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 370 Likes on 249 Posts

Yes... DO NOT do what I did and buy brand spanking new... let some rich cat eat that depreciation.. however my XKR-S is 1.5 yrs old with 1500 miles, still smells and looks brand spanking new and I know I will always be the only one ever to love her at 2 miles driven when I got her... nonetheless... the price I paid for "perfection" I suppose (and then again it was not perfect).

Loth

John Fox (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 07:07 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

I bought mine (2012 XKR-S, 6,600 miles) form Rosenthal In January for $79,900 ex tax and title. I since then have painted the hood because of rock chips. it clearly was a press/ demo car and spent most of its life in Las Vegas so was used for some of the Jaguar driving experiences. Rosenthal does not give me the warm and fuzzy, they seem to buy a lot from auction and re-sell them so as long as you go there with that in mind and give the car a good once over and make your mental check list what you can take care off you will be fine.

At the very least from Rosenthal you can get the car CPO maybe negotiated into the price versus a non Jaguar dealership where you will have to go and get it CPO'ed at a dealership and pay for it, some $2,300 or so. I think there is a lot of room to negotiate and prices for these cars have been in the $80s for a while.

John Fox (05-27-2014)
Old 05-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

A good number of these cars, like Schwabe's, with ultra low mileage were likely used as Jaguar event cars. So, they have few miles on them but, they include lots of tire burning accelerations and track usage. I'm sure that effects their selling price. You need to look for the history of these cars to make sure you understand what you are about to purchase.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:40 AM
Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

If I could get a low-mile FRB that had been a one-owner car, very clean on personal inspection and drive, with CPO coverage, for $90k... I'd write the check. Heck, I paid more for mine back in November.

As for the color, I think it just has to sync with your personal taste. It stands out, and you probably won't see another FRB very often, if at all. I'd say that the XKR-S styling (rear spoiler) is more controversial than the color... I kinda wish they'd come up with something different for downforce on the tail. XKR looks fantastic, I think.

Our cars still have lots of room to depreciate, so IMO you need to be the type of person that will happily own the car for at least another five years or so. Or, alternatively, have enough $$$ to ignore its decreased value if you decide to resell it in the short term.

Rich

Old 05-27-2014, 01:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

John Fox:

Since you have a dealers license, I am sure that you have access to CARFAX at dealers price......also since you have a dealers license, I suspect that you would be able to cut a good deal with Rosenthal on this car. With less than 1500 miles, it is doubtful that this XKR-S has been beaten to death, and my bet is the car had an MSRP of over $135,000 so a vast amount of depreciation has comeout of the car.

I do agree you would have to go into the deal with the asumption to own it for several years.

Just my thoughts.