XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Seat adjustment

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 08:47 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seat adjustment

Hi,
I have just bought a 2006 XK which has all the lovely seat adjustments apart from the width of the back of the seat,<- -> ( I believe controlled by a knob on the control panel).
My car does not have this knob fitted on the control panel.
Questions:
1) are all the seats fitted with motors to control this function?
2) is it just a case of fitting a control panel with this knob?
3) does the box under the seat have to be altered/ replaced?

Cheers

Old 06-20-2017, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member
Received 970 Likes on 654 Posts

I'm not sure about that specific question. However the X150 service manual does go into detail on taking the seats apart to repair / replace functions inside. I'll assume the mechanism may be there but you'll need to turn the function on in the seat control box via the program as well as add the new module with the knob. I'm pretty sure the bolster's position is remembered as part of the memory settings which makes it complicated.

You may also be able to bypass the module if the mechanics are installed and use a stand alone setup (buttons) to power the function each way.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:09 AM
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Are you referring to the round button that adjust the side bolsters.Think those seats are called luxury seats. Tommy.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,246 Likes on 1,361 Posts

And if, by the "width of the seat back" the questioner does mean the bolster adjustment, the control for that is on the seat control panel on the door, not on the touchscreen. No small knob on that panel means that the car does not have this option (part of the "luxury interior" option in the early years. If the car does not have the adjustable bolsters, this function cannot simply be added.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Received 278 Likes on 139 Posts

If you're after more lateral support, the oem seats will be a waste of time. I'm 5'8", 175#, and I find the lateral support in my '10 with the adjustable side bolsters is very lacking during spirited driving.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 970 Likes on 654 Posts

6'6", 210# and fit the seat back pretty well. The bottom makes my butt scoot out instead of hold it which is hard on my back after a while. I don't know what the answer is there but in my '93 Mustang I raised the front mounts and it made a huge difference.

Old 06-25-2017, 05:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranchero50
I'm not sure about that specific question. However the X150 service manual does go into detail on taking the seats apart to repair / replace functions inside. I'll assume the mechanism may be there but you'll need to turn the function on in the seat control box via the program as well as add the new module with the knob. I'm pretty sure the bolster's position is remembered as part of the memory settings which makes it complicated.

You may also be able to bypass the module if the mechanics are installed and use a stand alone setup (buttons) to power the function each way.
Thanks Ranchero..