XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Seeking general opinions on my situation

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Thats weird... the center armrest had a USB port and an iPod connector (the skinny flat port). I didn't notice any RCA inputs. Thanks for the info, I probably just missed something.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:19 PM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

My 10 only has the ipod and usb port. No RCAs / line input. I thought the RCAs were a dealer part option of some sort...

Old 02-09-2012, 01:01 AM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TheMCP
On one hand, I want to make sure I am thinking with my head here and not my heart, because obviously this is a pretty big purchase.
Originally Posted by TheMCP
To me, the XK still just has that "wow" factor. I don't think all the technical gadetry in the E can distract me from the fact that I just really really like the idea of owning an XK.
You, my friend, have a conflict of interest in the above statements. I think most of the people on this forum have followed their hearts (in line with your second comment above). If you are thinking with your head, might as well get a (gasp...) Toyota Camry.

The XK/XKR is much more than simple car. The beautiful thing is that the "much more" is different for different owners. Whether it be prestige, beauty, exclusivity, comfort, etc. And whatever that "wow" factor is...is thinking from the heart.

Old 02-10-2012, 12:56 PM

A Camry... I don't know if I need to think THAT hard haha.

I know what you're saying though. Fortunately a lot of what I was concerned about as far as head vs. heart was cleared up by test driving them. The trunk and back seats will give me enough room to take it somewhere on vacation. The ride is certainly good enough for driving hours at a time, etc. etc.

Old 02-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Veteran Member
Received 875 Likes on 633 Posts

Will add a subjective view if I may... New as I am to this level of car, (and a lowly used '07 XK at that), I thought with my head only a year and a half ago and came home with a Lexus IS350...

All the "numbers" lined up... Back seat, trunk, power, reliability, unparalleled electronic gadgetry...etc etc... My head was certain the Lex was my answer..... I took only 6 months before I knew I had the wrong car, and I tossed thousands at it trying to make it a good distance driver.

Frustrated, and walking used car lots, I stumbled upon the Jag....At that point, my heart took over, and the driver in me shrugged off the known electrical gremlins that often accompany the brand.
Last Saturday, we had blue skies (a rare thing in Washington in Feb.) so I pointed the XK south to Oregon. In the end, I spent 14 glorious hours in the drivers seat that day, Nav and radio off...Just me and my XK....

I have found my small slice of Heaven here on the planet....and no amount of techno wizardry can replace that heart felt moment.

This is truly a car for those that like to drive.....

BOL,
Vince

Last edited by CleverName; 02-10-2012 at 07:24 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-18-2012, 12:28 PM

Getting closer, I think. Had a quick question about the premium vs. canvas headliner. I'm curious as to what they mean by "canvas" because the word "canvas" makes me think of... big bags of rice, or sails, or something. The two XKs I've been in, the black car (2011) had a black headliner, the white car (2012) had a light colored headliner. Both of them were very nice material, though I don't know if either (or both) were the "premium" headliner or not.

If somebody could please reassure me that they don't make coupes with a hard material for the headliner, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks =]