XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Seeking Jaguar XKR owners in Montreal, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 789 Posts
Default Seeking Jaguar XKR owners in Montreal, Canada

I have been researching wheels for my 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition w/ Alcon brakes.

I have been in conversation with a wheel supplier Alloy Wheels and Tires | Fastco Canada - Company Info for aftermarket wheels on my car. I called the CEO, Glenn Chaplin and he quickly responded by having his Chief Engineer call me personally.

Fastco is located in Montreal, Canada. They are seeking a measurement of the Alcon brake calipers for proper fitment for these Jaguars. The 2009 MY had only 200 convertibles imported into the USA and 180 Coupes w Alcon brake calipers. These cars are rare Jaguar XKR models. There are a few of us here on jaguar Forums that post on a regular basis.

Fastco has a mobile van unit that would be willing to drive to anyone's home with a Jaguar of my type to perform exact measurements so that they could produce an aftermarket wheel for these cars.

Fastco is one of a very few manufacturers that has a Mazek Milling machine to produce exact fitment for the Jaguar cars as well as many others.

I am going to attempt to do my own measurements this weekend. They would rather have their team conduct measurements.

If there are any Jaguar XKR owners either Coupe of Convertible that would be willing to have Fastco send a team of engineers to take exact measurements please contact me. It would not only help myself, but others that own XKR models with Alcon brakes.

Fastco can produce wheels that would retail in the $350 to $450 range per wheels for a 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10 wheel, 5 x108mm bolt pattern and 63.3mm center bore. As with any wheel the offsets are most important.

Please advise if there is anybody out there that would be willing to have there Jaguar XKR measured. Your efforts would be greatly appreciated as these are highly specialized Jaguar cars.

Visit Alloy Wheels and Tires | Fastco Canada - Company Info for a complete view of their wheels.

Thanks.

Old 01-02-2014, 05:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,383 Likes on 3,498 Posts

Richard,

I think the figures you mentioned for USA MY2009 production are for the Portfolio model, and not the number of XKRs equipped with the optional Alcon brake package. From what I've seen, less than 50% of Portfolio models were equipped with Alcon brakes. Even fewer were equipped with the optional adaptive cruise control. Alcon brakes were also optional on non-Portfolio XKRs, and I have no idea how many Alcon equipped cars are in the USA and Canada. Alcons were optional in 2008 and 2009 and possibly later years.

If Fastco can manufacture a wheel similar to the OEM Vortex at a reasonable price, count me in. Why can't he use the Selena specs for the correct f/r offsets?

Stuart

Last edited by Stuart S; 01-02-2014 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Richard,

I think the figures you mentioned for USA MY2009 production are for the Portfolio model, and not the number of XKRs equipped with the optional Alcon brake package. From what I've seen, less than 50% of Portfolio models were equipped with Alcon brakes. Even fewer were equipped with the optional adaptive cruise control. Alcon brakes were also optional on non-Portfolio XKRs, and I have no idea how many Alcon equipped cars are in the USA and Canada. Alcons were optional in 2008 and 2009 and possibly later years.

If Fastco can manufacture a wheel similar to the OEM Vortex at a reasonable price, count me in. Why can't he use the Selena specs for the correct f/r offsets?

Stuart
Stuart:

The problem comparing the Selena to other wheels is the spoke design or convexity of the spokes within the wheel.

Yes, your right about the number of XKR portfolios with Alcon brake calipers. Less than the 200 and 180. I told the Fastco Chief of Engineering that if he can make wheels for our cars he will have additional sales.

Fastco was very nice, all the way from the CEO down. They are willing to try their best to accommodate me with different choices. So far the suggestions are:

http://braelinalloy.ca/alloys.html Bro2 and Bro4 wheels as shown below.

One 2008 XKR owner on this forum with Alcon brakes volunteered his car to me for measurement at Wheeltec in Tampa, Fl. This is very niceof him. My contact at wheel.tec will not be back until Tuesday Jan 7th. So hopefully the other member may be able to assist in this process. I have both WheelTec of Tampa, FL | Custom Wheels, Tires and More! and fastco.ca working for me.

It is my hope that one of these vendors will be able to get this mission accomplished for myself and others.

Stuart, if you can find any specs on the size of our calipers (front and rear) that information would be helpful.

Attached Thumbnails Seeking Jaguar XKR owners in Montreal, Canada-jaguar-braelin-br02s880.png   Seeking Jaguar XKR owners in Montreal, Canada-jaguar-br04.png  

Last edited by richzak; 01-02-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:24 PM
Received 2,265 Likes on 1,845 Posts

Richard,

I've cross-posted your request over in the Canadian regional section. Hopefully somebody in the Montreal area can assist

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/c...32/#post883163

Mike

The following users liked this post:
richzak (01-02-2014)
Old 01-03-2014, 12:43 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
I have been researching wheels for my 2009 Jaguar XKR Portfolio Edition w/ Alcon brakes

Please advise if there is anybody out there that would be willing to have there Jaguar XKR measured. Your efforts would be greatly appreciated as these are highly specialized Jaguar cars.
Richard,

I have a 2012 XKRS.Is it the same specs as your 2009???

I'm about 675 miles from MTL. But there are a few othesr XKR in MTL. Brossard Jaguar have an 2013 XKRS in the showroom. I'm sure they could let someboby from Fastco to come in and take mesurement.... Fastco sell to a lot of dealers for the winter whells anyway.

Guy

Old 01-03-2014, 04:19 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Quebecjag
Richard,

I have a 2012 XKRS.Is it the same specs as your 2009???

I'm about 675 miles from MTL. But there are a few othesr XKR in MTL. Brossard Jaguar have an 2013 XKRS in the showroom. I'm sure they could let someboby from Fastco to come in and take mesurement.... Fastco sell to a lot of dealers for the winter whells anyway.

Guy
Guy:

Thanks for response. Today, (this afternoon) I removed the front and rear tire/wheels and conducted all measurements for Fastco.ca to see if there was any possibility that they would be able to mill me a set of wheels for the 2009 XKR Portfolio Edition. Fastco.ca has the raw wheel then they mill the wheels using a Mazek Milling machine. They are one of the few wheel manufacturers that have the Mazek milling machinery.

I got the exact Alcon caliper profile information direct from Alcon UK which was very helpful. Fastco wanted additional measurements. Alcon sent me many diagrams of the Alcon calipers. I learned allot about my braking system today and learned that Jaguar did indeed install Alcon rotors and Alcon R Performance 6 Piston calipers on the front. The rear system is Alcon rotors, Alcon R Performance 4 Piston calipers, and the addition of Brembo calipers. So the rear end braking has 2 brake caliper sets, one from Alcon and one from Brembo. The Brembo calipers are so small compared the Alcons calipers. This Alcon braking package was a $5000 upgrade to the car when new.

When I need brake pad replacements, the front will take one set of Alcon brake pads, while the rear will require the Alcon brake pads and the Brembo brake pads.

I know one thing for sure, this 2009 XKR Portfolio Edition has plenty of stopping braking potential. Not only does the car have the oversized R Performance Alcon calipers, the Alcon rotors in the front are 400mm in diameter and the rear 350mm.

So there will be no need for Fastco to send out their mobile van for measurements. I do appreciate the info from you Guy.

Now I have to wait for the Fastco engineers to review my data and measurements and get back to me.

I also learned it takes a vast amount of different measurements to make an aftermarket wheel for proper fitment to any automobile. Today was truly an engineering lesson. Glad I had a digital caliper for measuring.

Attached Thumbnails Seeking Jaguar XKR owners in Montreal, Canada-jaguar-fastco-wheel-photos-005.jpg   Seeking Jaguar XKR owners in Montreal, Canada-jaguar-fastco-wheel-photos-010.jpg   Seeking Jaguar XKR owners in Montreal, Canada-jaguar-fastco-wheel-photos-026.jpg  

Last edited by richzak; 01-03-2014 at 07:39 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Panthro (05-15-2016)