XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Selling my 2013 XKR

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 07:57 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,234 Likes on 789 Posts

Have you posted ads yet for these 2 cars?

Old 07-14-2014, 08:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 371 Likes on 250 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
When I sell the Merc I will not look back. When, and if, I sell the XKR I'll sadly watch it drive away. I really like this car and wish I could drive it all year round.
I say dont do it... DOOON'T DO IT... Keep it and whisper sweeeeeting nothings to that looong bonnet for the rest of your life...

YoU CaNt LiVe WiThOuT HeR!!!

SHE GRABS YOU THAT MUCH THAT YOU WANT TO TUCK HER IN EVERY NIGHT PRIOR TO BED AND TELL HER HOW MUCH YOU LOVE HER!!!!!!!! (CRAZY LOOK IN MY EYES SHAKING MY FIST TO THE AIR)

........Its the Marolyn Monroe of cars brother........ There wont EVER be another quite like her........and that breaks the heart in its own way. Dont give it up - DoNt EvEr GiVe It uP!!! (CRAZIER LOOK IN THE EYES).

of course I understand if you do

Cheers Brother!

The following users liked this post:
axr6 (07-15-2014)
Old 07-14-2014, 10:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Schwabe
I bought my XKR-S in January during the snowiest Winter here in my memory .... 4.500+ miles on it already .... how can you NOT drive it ?????

East Coast trip with my wife coming up in three weeks .... I am sure that will be 2,000 alone ....
I'm driving it tomorrow.... Unless it's pouring LOL

Old 07-14-2014, 10:13 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
Have you posted ads yet for these 2 cars?

I have the XKR on autotrader.ca and will post an ad for the Merc when I get back from NYC mid August. I should also post an ad on autotrader.com for the US market because it is a US car and I can offer it much less because of the current higher US $. I actually sold my last 2014 GT-R to someone in the US and it was a Canadian car.

Old 07-15-2014, 12:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

You'd get over $150K for it here, but you'd have to change the steering wheel to the right hand side first. And the pedals, of course

Old 07-15-2014, 05:41 AM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by BruceTheQuail
You'd get over $150K for it here, but you'd have to change the steering wheel to the right hand side first. And the pedals, of course

Yeah, that would add a nice layer to overall costs LOL!

Old 07-15-2014, 08:54 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Schwabe
I bought my XKR-S in January during the snowiest Winter here in my memory .... 4.500+ miles on it already .... how can you NOT drive it ?????

East Coast trip with my wife coming up in three weeks .... I am sure that will be 2,000 alone ....
I drove it to the office today I still need to get the cats installed.

The following 2 users liked this post by MaximA:
axr6 (07-15-2014), Lothar52 (07-15-2014)
Old 07-15-2014, 11:07 AM
Veteran Member

I can't believe you are selling your XKR, I remember the day you posted the first pics of it

Old 07-15-2014, 01:38 PM
Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Speaking of garage queens...

I've put just over 250mi on the XKR since garaging it last November. My infrequent drives are not because of bad weather but due to lingering potholes that local municipalities have yet to fix from the harsh winter here in the NE. I've already replaced a punctured tire on my XF back in March and am now gun shy about getting a bent rim on the XKR.

Given all that, the XKR is still a keeper for me!

Mike

Old 07-15-2014, 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 484 Likes on 405 Posts

Originally Posted by MaximA
I can't believe you are selling your XKR, I remember the day you posted the first pics of it
If you didn't remember that day, I'd have to wonder about your memory! It was only a few months ago... haha!

Old 07-15-2014, 03:31 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by amcdonal86
If you didn't remember that day, I'd have to wonder about your memory! It was only a few months ago... haha!

Almost a year ago. I remember the day very clearly.

I had it out for a ride today and enjoyed it. I'll continue to enjoy it until I sell it. It may not sell any time soon, but I will sell it for the right price.

Old 07-15-2014, 03:33 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by mjsammon
I've put just over 250mi on the XKR since garaging it last November. My infrequent drives are not because of bad weather but due to lingering potholes that local municipalities have yet to fix from the harsh winter here in the NE. I've already replaced a punctured tire on my XF back in March and am now gun shy about getting a bent rim on the XKR.

Given all that, the XKR is still a keeper for me!

Mike

Wow, you really do have a garage queen.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Hopefully your decision is not due to the last thread you had created, but good luck with the sale regardless.

Old 07-16-2014, 10:25 AM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Executive
Hopefully your decision is not due to the last thread you had created, but good luck with the sale regardless.

We all buy and sell possessions for different reasons and have different opinions, believes and ideologies all with varying degrees of needs. Some people make decisions more for financial reasons others just because they have to have sometime simply because they want it with no regard of cost etc. My decision is a balanced decision. I like my assets to be productive and I also like to enjoy myself well within my means. I'm in no hurry to sell but will sell for the right price or what I believe is market price. The decision is my decision and my decision has not been influenced my anyone else's opinion. If it sells I will miss it dearly, but during the winter I'd rather have $90,000CDN invested into a car I can drive.

We all know our cars depreciate and have started many threads to discuss it. If I'm not using the car I'd rather have $90,000CDN invested to give me a return and watch my net worth grow.

Last edited by DGL; 07-16-2014 at 01:45 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 01:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,234 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
We all buy and sell possessions for different reasons and have different opinions, believes and ideologies all with varying degrees of needs. Some people make decisions more for financial reasons others just because they have to have sometime simply because they want it with no regard of cost etc. My decision is a balanced decision. I like my assets to be productive and I also like to enjoy myself well within my means. I'm in no hurry to sell but will sell for the right price or what I believe is market price. The decision is my decision and my decision has not been influenced my anyone else's opinion. If it sells I will miss it dearly, but during the winter I'd rather have $90,000CDN invested into a car I can drive.

We all know our cars depreciate and have started many threads to discuss it. If I'm not using the car I'd rather have $90,000CDN invested to give me a return and watch my net worth grow.
As a recently retired financial advisor of 31+ years with major Wall Street firms, no car can be considered an investment, unless it is a highly sought after classic car of some kind. Brands and current models like Jaguar, Mercedes, Maserati, Porsche, etc will always suffer depreciation.

Keep in mind these types of cars that you seek are not INVESTMENTS!

DGL (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

I recently saw a post in the Ftype forum that someone had just done a factory tour and saw a setup for testing AWD. It seems that the rumours concern an Ftype AWD might be true.
Possibly an option if you don't sell the XKR too soon.

I now have the Ftype R and its a fantastic car, I like it better than my XKR that I recently sold, yet it is only 2 wheel drive. as well. I bought a set of 'Coventry' wheels and Yokohama snow tires (better than the Pirelli snow in my opinion) and the XKR (in winter mode) drove really well in the snow. Of course any low slung sports car will 'high centre' once the snow gets too heavy, however it was not a problem even on my steep driveway.
If it doesn't sell before winter, you could always give the snow tires a try. I used the front tire size all the way around as the narrower tire behaves a bit better in snow and keeps the cost down.. as well, I went down to 19 inch rims with a taller tire to offset the usual winter potholes.
Lawrence.

DGL (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 03:30 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL

The only reason i brought that up is because you had explained your situation and i think you 100% deserve that beauty and more. Anyways, don't want derail the thread.

I do understand your decision, as my dad used to have 89 Saleen with the black and yellow theme - gorgeous car. After he stopped racing, he used it less and less. I was actually the one giving him a push to get rid of it. More it sat the more money it needed in maintenance, dried rubber, dried tires, batteries etc. And, of course the depreciation.

He got an offer for $15,000, but couldn't let it go. After a year or so, he finally wanted the thing gone and we couldn't get more than $11,0000. I am not fan of garage trophy cars either, So, yes, if you aren't using it, let it go and buy another car that you can enjoy.

DGL (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 05:44 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by richzak
As a recently retired financial advisor of 31+ years with major Wall Street firms, no car can be considered an investment, unless it is a highly sought after classic car of some kind. Brands and current models like Jaguar, Mercedes, Maserati, Porsche, etc will always suffer depreciation.

Keep in mind these types of cars that you seek are not INVESTMENTS!

I absolutely agree. I'm using the term investment very very loosely for this car. A more appropriate word would be personal asset. If I'm not utilizing my personal asset and it is depreciating it should be liquidated because it has minimal benefit. A more functional performance car, in my case, would serve me better. I bought my current Jaguar for personal reasons, to enjoy as a performance GT.

Although, I bought my first Jaguar, 2011 XKR 175, and my last 2014 GT-R BE as INVESTMENTS, and banked $15,000 and $23,000 respectively on them when I sold them. This 2013 XKR, I'm selling, was bought for personal reasons to enjoy because I missed my 2011 XKR 175 so much--I had to find a replacement. My 2011 XKR 175 was bought in December 2012. Set in my garage all winter until April 2013. I sold it in July 2013. I actually never owned it long enough to really enjoy. I bought it as an investment and sold it keeping true to my plan to bank a few dollars on it, which I did.

I do buy cars as investments and for personal enjoyment. I owned my 2014 GT-R BE for about 3 weeks and banked a sweet $23K--not a bad return. I bet that will rock any wall street trade (I eliminated all risk). LOL

Last edited by DGL; 07-16-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 05:59 PM
DGL
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mulmur
I recently saw a post in the Ftype forum that someone had just done a factory tour and saw a setup for testing AWD. It seems that the rumours concern an Ftype AWD might be true.
Possibly an option if you don't sell the XKR too soon.

I need a GT with back seat or storage. I was thinking about the AWD F-type but I'm sure it will be introduced with the V6. I'm looking for a high performance AWD with 600+ hp that I can enjoy. Since owning 2 XKR's anything less than 500hp seems lame. My 2013 Merc SLK AMG with 425hp seems lame and girly. However, no F-type is girly. I love the F-type, but want AWD and supercar performance. Thanks for the info.

Mulmur (07-16-2014)
Old 07-16-2014, 08:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 259 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by DGL
I need a GT with back seat or storage. I was thinking about the AWD F-type but I'm sure it will be introduced with the V6. I'm looking for a high performance AWD with 600+ hp that I can enjoy. Since owning 2 XKR's anything less than 500hp seems lame. My 2013 Merc SLK AMG with 425hp seems lame and girly. However, no F-type is girly. I love the F-type, but want AWD and supercar performance. Thanks for the info.
Understood.. you could try advertising in the local Jag club newsletter, I have not subscribed to them for a few years, but I believe they are called the Ontario Jaguar Club.. anyway, I recall people advertising cars in their newsletter and I sold some tires through their newsletter fairly quickly.
Lawrence.

DGL (07-16-2014)

Quick Reply: Selling my 2013 XKR