XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Side Body Vents

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 10:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Side Body Vents

I notice that some XKR model years have the side body vents in chrome. Is it possible to install these parts on a 07 XK. Has anyone done this and are there photos?

Old 01-29-2011, 10:42 AM
Received 109 Likes on 67 Posts

You should be able too. I think I bought my chrome side louvers at the dealer.
Ask your dealer or even Dan at nallyjagparts who is a forum sponsor:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/members/nalleyjagparts-30217/

Here's mine (about to be removed)with the chrome side louvers: Name:  mht6.jpg
Views: 1997
Size:  223.2 KB

Old 01-29-2011, 10:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for the info. Did you do this yourself, how much are the parts? By the way nice wheels.

Old 01-29-2011, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by pbcs004
thanks for the info. Did you do this yourself, how much are the parts? By the way nice wheels.
It's pretty easy....I used a flat head screw driver and put a rag in between the paint and the louvers and just start prying it off. I think I worked my way from the top down. I would give you my chrome ones when I switch over the the painted black louvers but I remember the tabs break on the louvers when prying them off.

I think I paid around $200 but this was a few years ago so not 100% sure.

Here is the instructions for removal: http://www.ownerinfo.jaguar.com/extf...96336416293/XK Fender Louvre - C2P 19943 ENG.pdf

Found my original post on how I removed them: https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/s...96&postcount=6

I would ask Dan, aka. "nalleyjagparts" , for pricing....good guy to deal with and good pricing for OEM parts from him. He's also a Forum Sponsor.

Last edited by GhostriderXKR08; 01-29-2011 at 03:51 PM.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:39 PM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, you essentially pop-out the old body-colored ones, then pop in the new chrome ones. (after putting the side marker in place). I think it took me about 10 minutes.

Old 03-19-2011, 08:32 AM
Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ShadyJC
Yes, you essentially pop-out the old body-colored ones, then pop in the new chrome ones. (after putting the side marker in place). I think it took me about 10 minutes.
^^^Ill be attempting this mod next week...I was just wondering what u meant by " after putting the side marker in place" was under the impression that its a plug & play type thing. I'm much more a visual learner then a reading learner. if u could provide any photos of what ur speaking of Id appreciate it, thanks guys in advance for any help provided.

-DG

Old 03-19-2011, 08:41 AM
Received 31 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GhostriderXKR08
You should be able too. I think I bought my chrome side louvers at the dealer.
Ask your dealer or even Dan at nallyjagparts who is a forum sponsor:
Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum - View Profile: nalleyjagparts

Here's mine (about to be removed)with the chrome side louvers:
Ghostrider,
how come your about to remove the chrome fender louvers? I'm not much of a fan of chrome but damn I really thing the chrome complements your car perfect. BTW, I think your ride is very tastefully done &Brake cals look awesome. what % is ur tint? seems kinda dark...but i like. tx troopers would be on my ride like flies on poop, if my tint looked like that. keep up the good work.
-DG

Old 03-19-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by dag82
Ghostrider,
how come your about to remove the chrome fender louvers? I'm not much of a fan of chrome but damn I really thing the chrome complements your car perfect. BTW, I think your ride is very tastefully done &Brake cals look awesome. what % is ur tint? seems kinda dark...but i like. tx troopers would be on my ride like flies on poop, if my tint looked like that. keep up the good work.
-DG
Blacking out all the painted grey pieces (window trim, grills, side louvers, and rear blade) to look similar to the black pack kit. You can see my front grills are now painted black in my sig. The wheels in the pics are actually for sale as I bought new wheels that arrived last week.

I also recently had the calipers painted copper...just something different as my previous cars has always been painted red. Tint is 35% all around.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dag82
^^^Ill be attempting this mod next week...I was just wondering what u meant by " after putting the side marker in place" was under the impression that its a plug & play type thing. I'm much more a visual learner then a reading learner. if u could provide any photos of what ur speaking of Id appreciate it, thanks guys in advance for any help provided.

-DG
Sorry for late response. It is plug and play... the side marker just needs to be snapped into place on the new vent before the whole thing is fitted back onto the body.

Old 05-18-2011, 11:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm having trouble figuring out how to get the fender louvers i want. my wife's '07 XK is black with aluminum (not chrome) 20" sentas so i'm looking for aluminum louvres to match them. i DON'T want chrome, but more than one dealer i've called said that the c2p12120 (~$170) is chrome, even tho the accessories catalog says "polished aluminum" and appears to be aluminum/non-chrome per the picture. see page 10:
http://www.jaguar.com/content/market...s_20070611.pdf

another dealer said that what i want is c2p8583 and c2p8584 which are the individual louvres from an XKR (not sold as a kit so you have to by them separately). however, there seems to be some question as to whether those are chrome vs aluminum also (can any XKR ppl weight in? are your factory louvres chrome or not aluminum?).

yet another dealer said the only true aluminum louvres are from a portfolio edition and require a portfolio VIN and since they are larger than the standard louvers you'd need to replace the whole fender...and they cost $1600 b/c they're actually aluminum...all of which is ridiculous.

here are some other things i've found
"polished aluminum" c2p12120:
Jaguar XK OEM Polished Aluminum Fender Louvres Vents Parts - DragTimes.com

Jaguar XK OEM Polished Aluminum Fender Louvres Vents | eBay

"polished aluminum" c2p8583/4:
Aluminum Louvre - Right

EuroWholeSaleParts Auto Parts Jaguar Volvo Mercedes Benz OEM=

"chrome" c2p12120:
XK CHROME POWER SIDE VENT-Jaguar Sacramento-Niello Jaguar Dealer

"polished aluminum" c2p12120 but appears chrome from the picture:
XK ACCESSORIES

what do i need to order? is it even available OEM (preferably) or do i need aftermarket (sub-ideal)? anyone with any knowledge of this please help!! thanks so much.

Old 05-20-2011, 04:34 PM

The '07-'09 XKR side louvers are grey plastic. Similar look/color to the window trim. The Portfolio is polished aluminum.

Originally Posted by Feelgood MD
i'm having trouble figuring out how to get the fender louvers i want. my wife's '07 XK is black with aluminum (not chrome) 20" sentas so i'm looking for aluminum louvres to match them. i DON'T want chrome, but more than one dealer i've called said that the c2p12120 (~$170) is chrome, even tho the accessories catalog says "polished aluminum" and appears to be aluminum/non-chrome per the picture. see page 10:
The photo in this accessories link is the grey plastic (not polished aluminum) on the '07-'09 XKR.

These two look exactly like the same pic of the above accessories link.....'07-'09 XKR grey plastic louvers

Can't tell without a pic.....

This looks like the chrome accessories but it's the 2010+ louvers as it doesn't have the side blinkers intigrated into the louvers.

"polished aluminum" c2p12120 but appears chrome from the picture:
XK ACCESSORIES
Looks like the exact same pic as the chrome above...possibly Jaguar uses the same pic for the chrome and polished aluminum. This one also looks like the 2010+ Louver as it eliminates the side blinker above the louver.

You can also ask Dan at Nalley for the exact ones you're looking for....he can advise which ones are available.

Old 05-21-2011, 02:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It sounds like Feelgood MD (I'm guessing he's a doctor ) is after the standard XKR silver vents.

Would have thought they'd be easy to get hold of.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:55 AM

yep, dan at nalley (which is local for me here in ATL!) hooked me up. you guys are right, what i'm after is the oem XKR gray louvres (plastic apparently, but that's fine). thx for the breakdown. it's frustrating b/c jaguar's descriptions and pictures aren't entirely straightforward. oh well, they're on their way now. plus dan gave me the 15% discount and free shipping, too! i also picked up a set of the race pedals. i think they'll look really good with the black/aluminum interior. thx again.

pedals on page 16:

(p.s. yes, i'm an anesthesiologist )

Old 05-31-2011, 06:27 PM

just installed the louvres and they look great! i'll post pics once the car is washed and have good lighting. the install was just as you guys had described: pop out the old ones, pop in the new ones. however, i was good (read: lucky ) enough to avoid breaking all but one of the tabs off the old ones (there are 6 on each) so, if on the off chance i want to go back to black, i can re-use them.

the pedals require drilling, which equals time/effort, so my wife will have to wait on those.

thx again for all your help!