XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Some things the XKR should have but doesn't

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,313 Likes on 3,462 Posts

Originally Posted by ChiRedXKR
I'm driving a loaner 10' XFR and I can't wait to get my 08' XKR back.
Yes there are a few things the newer models have that the 2007 XKRs definately should have, but the feel of the car is totally different. I am very glad NOT to have the pop up turn shifter that even the 10 XKR's now have. If they are the same ( and I am sure that they are) The thing feels like I am turning a dial on my microwave oven. Ill keep the stick shift thanks you!
And as for the comment about the manual earbox option.....The paddle shifter have been good enough for the formula one guys for years...it feels great to me.
Ill admit that I have modified my car a bit. I chiped the ecu and O2 sensors. I am planning on putting the pulley system in as well. I installed a Back up cam with two additional cameras on the blind spots in a three picture retrofit rearview mirror/screen and solved the back up cam problem. While driving normally the two blindspot cameras display on either side of the mirror and in reverse the center of the mirror turns into the backup cam. I also had installed the ACM which allows me to play my Iphone/ipod (although controlled by the device itself).
The bells and whistles are great to have no doubt. But common guys, you have got to love the way the XKR drives and feels. I think it is the perfect combination of luxury and performance.
I'd like to add a backup camera, too. How about letting us know the details of your installation? Make/model of camera, cost, how you like it day and night, what you would do differently if you were to do it again? Thanks.

Old 10-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRidder
I've only had my '07 XKR for a few days now, but another thing this car needs is better side bolsters for the seats. Current seats are not very good for "enthusiastic" cornering!

Tim
there's a knob to adjust the bolsters.

as for the rest of your comments, i agree fully. my take, though, is that the xk was designed in '05 when the company was REALLY in the trash. this was their last hail mary. AND IT SUCCEEDED in beginning to ressurect the endangered jaguar species, indeed! they made it work through the simple fact that the virtues the car possesses outweigh the negatives. now, they are moving along, of course, tata has done well so far, and in models that are being newly designed, they are not skimping in the same ways because they have no need to. as the company gets stronger and stronger you will see that their products will be much more competitive when it comes to the bells and whistles we all expect these days. i find the cabin on my '07 pretty dated, but i LOVE the car. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!!!!!

Old 10-17-2010, 05:23 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I noticed the other eve that the tips of the paddle shifters are illuminated, however the turn signal/headlamp and wiper switches are not. That should be a given in a car of this price. I was kind of disappointed to see that.
I used to drive a BMW 545 and would like to see a self diagnostic/service indicators similar to that of the iDrive on the BMW. How much brakes are left, how much oil life, coolant condition etc...