XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Spare Wheel/Tire for XKRs with Alcon Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 12:43 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,233 Likes on 789 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueXKR-S
Just got a response from the parts department. They still list
19" spare wheel- C2P12621as the right number for 2012 XKR-S spare. I'll try it and report back
Blue XKR-S:

The part number that you mention is the same wheel & tire that I bought on eBay.com. The wheel is even stamped Jaguar inside, and tire is a Pirelli.

JAGUAR NEW 19" XFR XJR XKR XKRS SPACESAVER SPARE WHEEL 135 70 19 XF XJ XK | eBay

You will need to contact Lenny Jr (Motorsport Technology @ 775-351-1000 or send him an email motorsportjr@gmail.com) for the spacer as mentioned in the post above. The cost for the spacer is $35.00 and $15.00 to ship. Lenny is familiar with the dimensions of the spacer that you need. Delivery for the spacer takes about 2 to 3 weeks. It has to be machined from an aluminum block into the final product. It's a high quality machined item.

You will have to however, try to find the jack kit. The only item I really needed for the jack kit was the jack itself and the lever to jack it up. I carry a 4 way lug wrench in the car, on top of the spare wheel with no problems. I found my foam jack kit as seen in above post on eBay also for about $75.00 with free shipping. For the wheel, tire, jack kit at the dealer you're looking at over $1000 bucks. My cost was about $450.00. It does provide a since of security to the car owner, just in case of a good slit or blow out on the tire.

Stuart S who originally made a big effort on his XKR to find the source and provided much information, made it an easy search for me to have a spare wheel and tire. One of the major pluses about the Jaguar Forum here is helping other Jaguar members. Thanks Stuart S once again.

BTW: The wheel, tire and foam jack kit fits nicely in the trunk compartment and the luggage/base door secures nicely over the tire in the trunk. It all looks original.

Last edited by richzak; 07-29-2013 at 12:47 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:03 PM
Veteran Member
Received 6,290 Likes on 3,452 Posts

Originally Posted by richzak
Blue XKR-S:

The part number that you mention is the same wheel & tire that I bought on eBay.com. The wheel is even stamped Jaguar inside, and tire is a Pirelli.

JAGUAR NEW 19" XFR XJR XKR XKRS SPACESAVER SPARE WHEEL 135 70 19 XF XJ XK | eBay

You will need to contact Lenny Jr (Motorsport Technology @ 775-351-1000 or send him an email motorsportjr@gmail.com) for the spacer as mentioned in the post above. The cost for the spacer is $35.00 and $15.00 to ship. Lenny is familiar with the dimensions of the spacer that you need. Delivery for the spacer takes about 2 to 3 weeks. It has to be machined from an aluminum block into the final product. It's a high quality machined item.

You will have to however, try to find the jack kit. The only item I really needed for the jack kit was the jack itself and the lever to jack it up. I carry a 4 way lug wrench in the car, on top of the spare wheel with no problems. I found my foam jack kit as seen in above post on eBay also for about $75.00 with free shipping. For the wheel, tire, jack kit at the dealer you're looking at over $1000 bucks. My cost was about $450.00. It does provide a since of security to the car owner, just in case of a good slit or blow out on the tire.

Stuart S who originally made a big effort on his XKR to find the source and provided much information, made it an easy search for me to have a spare wheel and tire. One of the major pluses about the Jaguar Forum here is helping other Jaguar members. Thanks Stuart S once again.

BTW: The wheel, tire and foam jack kit fits nicely in the trunk compartment and the luggage/base door secures nicely over the tire in the trunk. It all looks original.

Richard,

Good summary and thanks for the acknowledgment.

I'd like to add that the black compact spare fits so tightly in the trunk well that you don't need the hold-down bolt to secure it. But there's no room to spare (pun intended) to get that spare into the well. You must first remove the molded carpet liner in the spare wheel well that was OE on the Portfolio with optional Alcon brakes. Otherwise, it won't fit.

I suspect, but am not sure, that other XK models equipped with a spare wheel did not use that molded carpet liner and the spare wheel well was just painted.

Stuart

Old 07-29-2013, 11:18 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Stuart S
Richard,

Good summary and thanks for the acknowledgment.

I'd like to add that the black compact spare fits so tightly in the trunk well that you don't need the hold-down bolt to secure it. But there's no room to spare (pun intended) to get that spare into the well. You must first remove the molded carpet liner in the spare wheel well that was OE on the Portfolio with optional Alcon brakes. Otherwise, it won't fit.

I suspect, but am not sure, that other XK models equipped with a spare wheel did not use that molded carpet liner and the spare wheel well was just painted.

Stuart
My XKR did not have the carpeted spare tire area. Mine was painted and the wheel fit right in. I think however the carpeted wheel well would be a nice touch. I do have the Alcon brakes and calipers. I wonder if I could find the carpeted pre-molded wheel well carpet.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:19 AM
Veteran Member

My XKR did not have the carpeted spare tire area. Mine was painted and the wheel fit right in. I think however the carpeted wheel well would be a nice touch. I do have the Alcon brakes and calipers. I wonder if I could find the carpeted pre-molded wheel well carpet.
Hmmm...I wonder what happened to it? Could your W. Palm dealer forget to put it back after they detailed your car prior to sale? No reason for the prior owner to keep it.

But why do you want one now that you have a spare? You can't have it both ways; it's one or the other - either the spare and no carpet or the carpet and no spare. I'll take the spare every day.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:16 PM
Veteran Member

Hmmm...I wonder what happened to it? Could your W. Palm dealer forget to put it back after they detailed your car prior to sale? No reason for the prior owner to keep it.

But why do you want one now that you have a spare? You can't have it both ways; it's one or the other - either the spare and no carpet or the carpet and no spare. I'll take the spare every day.
Agreed....I have no problem leaving the wheel well naked. However, once you mentioned your carpeted wheel well in your post, it aroused my interest.

Old 07-31-2013, 06:07 PM
Veteran Member

Agreed....I have no problem leaving the wheel well naked. However, once you mentioned your carpeted wheel well in your post, it aroused my interest.
You have to be careful about curiosity...you know what it did to the cat!

Old 08-18-2013, 10:45 PM
Received 493 Likes on 372 Posts

As of this past week, we have now had about 4 flats (not in the jag) in the last 8 years or so. None of which would have been even temporarily fixable with a foam spray. This last one blew a 1 cm hole in the brand new tread that left my wife stranded on the interstate between an on-ramp and a 60 mph zone. Thank goodness for AAA and a real spare tire.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:55 PM
Veteran Member
Default Lug Nut Torque Spec - 92 lb.ft.

FYI - the 2009 XK/XKR Owner's Manual states that lug nuts should be torqued to 92 lb.ft.

Harbor Freight often has a click-type torque wrench on coupon for only $9.95 - a bargain!

Old 11-05-2013, 07:45 AM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

I forgot to mention. On my XKR-S I do not need a spacer in the back. The spare fits just fine. So, if you have XKR-S and 19'' spare, no spacer is required.

Blue XKR-S:

Old 11-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

Just got a response from the parts department. They still list
19" spare wheel- C2P12621as the right number for 2012 XKR-S spare. I'll try it and report back
Let us know!!

If it fit on 2012 XKR-S, I'll order (or try to find) one.
Guy

Old 11-06-2013, 09:40 AM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

yes, it's the part. I got mine from Ebay.

The following users liked this post:
Quebecjag (11-07-2013)
Old 03-12-2014, 06:40 PM
Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts
Default 2008 XKR Portfolio

http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net...-a.jpg?refresh

I have ordered the spare and need to order the spacer but thought this might work since I can't find the tool tray and jack.

Old 03-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by LstFord
http://d3d71ba2asa5oz.cloudfront.net...-a.jpg?refresh

I have ordered the spare and need to order the spacer but thought this might work since I can't find the tool tray and jack.
Don't waste your money - it won't fit on top of the spare with the lid closed. Don't give up looking for the correct foam tray and tools, particularly the jack - it's designed to fit the indent in the chassis. Best place to search is ebay UK. I think the address is ebay.co.UK. Replied from my cellphone so I'm unable to check while writing this.

Last edited by Stuart S; 03-12-2014 at 08:58 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Veteran Member

I forgot to mention. On my XKR-S I do not need a spacer in the back. The spare fits just fine. So, if you have XKR-S and 19'' spare, no spacer is required.
I'm fairly certain that Alcon brakes were not a factory option on any of the 5L XK/XKR models. The spacer is needed only with Alcon brakes.

The following 2 users liked this post by Stuart S:
BlkC4t_XK14 (04-06-2022), LstFord (03-12-2014)
Old 03-12-2014, 10:56 PM

I'm fairly certain that Alcon brakes were not a factory option on any of the 5L XK/XKR models. The spacer is needed only with Alcon brakes.
Thanks Stuart,
On the 08 Portfolio the Alcon brakes were standard. My thought was I could slide it under the top when traveling but I agree wait and do it right. I did check ebay UK.
Jim

Old 03-12-2014, 11:25 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks Stuart,
On the 08 Portfolio the Alcon brakes were standard. My thought was I could slide it under the top when traveling but I agree wait and do it right. I did check ebay UK.
Jim
Jim:

There are 2 spare tire tool kits on eBay USA.......here's the links.

I would be certain that the $49.99 tool kit would work. There is no indent for the jack, but rather a plate that is mounted to the chassis and the jack goes up against the plate to raise the car. Thus any scissors jack will work. Just look under the edge in front of the rear tire and you will see the plate, its about 3" to 4" square.

I also carry a 12v small compressor that plugs into the cigarette lighter and tire plugs as an emergency backup, that I keep in the trunk a small bag/case.

Otherwise there is an OEM XK tool kit, BUT its $200.

Since you have the Alcon brakes....order your spacer from:

https://www.motorsport-tech.com/wheel_spacers.html

You need a 5 x 108mm bolt pattern....63.3mm Centerbore......7mm wide.....hubcentric spacer.

Ask for Lenny Jr.....cost is about $30.00 + shipping UPS.

Here's the links to USA eBay....no need to have anything sent from overseas and the UK.

Jaguar XK XK8 XKR XJ8 XJ8 L Spare Tire Change Tools Jack Kit Lug Nut Used | eBay

Jaguar XK Spare Tire Tools Jack Lug Wrench 07 Present | eBay

The lug wrench needs to be 19mm or 3/4 to fit the Jaguar OEM lug nuts. The jack is standard.

I have the 19mm single lug nut wrench which was included in the kit I bought on eBay, but I also bought a 4 way lug nut tool for $8.99 at a Harbor Freight store as a spare.

20" Four-Way Lug Wrench

Hope this helps.....all links provided for you.

The $49.99 tool set from eBay should work.

Did you get the spare tire yet?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-Red-1...78d655&vxp=mtr

Last edited by richzak; 03-12-2014 at 11:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
LstFord (03-13-2014)
Old 03-13-2014, 09:54 AM

this helps.....all links provided for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-Red-1...78d655&vxp=mtr __________________
Richard Z

Rich this is the red spare I thought the black one was the only one that worked.
Jim

Old 03-14-2014, 05:13 PM
Veteran Member

this helps.....all links provided for you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jaguar-Red-1...78d655&vxp=mtr __________________
Richard Z

Rich this is the red spare I thought the black one was the only one that worked.
Jim
Jim, if your car has 19" OEM rims than the 18" spare should l work, if your car has the 20" OEM rims than I would suggest the 19" spare.

The bolt pattern should be 5 x 108mm and a centerbore of 63.3mm.

According to the ad the spare will fit the 2007-13 XK models.

However from your posts I assume you already secured the spare tire.

Old 03-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Default 20008XKR Portfolio

Jim, if your car has 19" OEM rims than the 18" spare should l work, if your car has the 20" OEM rims than I would suggest the 19" spare.

The bolt pattern should be 5 x 108mm and a centerbore of 63.3mm.
According to the ad the spare will fit the 2007-13 XK models.

However from your posts I assume you already secured the spare tire.
The 08 Portfolio came standard with the 20-inch "Cremona" wheels. I just had all 4 refinished so I am going to stick with them. I like the way the Alcon brakes show through on your new wheels. I am still bidding on a 19" spare. I did get the tool and tray set. Lenny is sending the spacer.
Thanks again.

Jim

Old 03-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Veteran Member

The 08 Portfolio came standard with the 20-inch "Cremona" wheels. I just had all 4 refinished so I am going to stick with them. I like the way the Alcon brakes show through on your new wheels. I am still bidding on a 19" spare. I did get the tool and tray set. Lenny is sending the spacer.
Thanks again.

Jim
Yes, you will need the 19" spare.

Quick Reply: Spare Wheel/Tire for XKRs with Alcon Brakes