XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Stance setup help for 07 XKR.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Splitter

Beautiful!

So how's the nose clearance with the splitter?

Looks like you didn't use the Mina...

Old 05-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Received 38 Likes on 14 Posts

Pacio.... wow. That looks incredible... it makes my XK look like a monster truck. Its almost like a different car entirely.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:00 AM
Veteran Member
Received 261 Likes on 183 Posts

I noticed from the pics you have no installed the side skirts yet - will u be doing those yourself as well?

Old 05-04-2012, 08:01 PM
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

That's a thing of beauty! No questions a drop transforms a car like this. Even already low exotics transform when fender gap is removed. Witness a stock NSX vs one lowered on wheels that fill the fenders. It becomes one of nastiest looking cars bar none.

My Z4M became downright exotic after wheels and a drop. And our beloved XKR blows it away in stock form. So you know what that means after I drop it on some killer wheels right! I even like it without tint as I was initially debating removing my tint... Anyhow, thanks for the inspiration pics Pacio.

But you do realize that you're gonna have to keep posting pics because we can never get tired of looking at it!

Old 05-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lets see what you guys think of this new little mod, looks very nice in person kind of gives the car a performance look.

Saw it on an Aston DBS and liked it so made my own :P

Last edited by Pacio; 05-16-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:12 PM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Wow! Pacio, your car looks soooooooooooo sweet!

Old 05-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Beautifully done, classy.

Albert

Old 05-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Default ???

Originally Posted by Mike V
Beautiful!

So how's the nose clearance with the splitter?

Looks like you didn't use the Mina...

Any word on the splitter you went with and the nose clearance?

Old 05-17-2012, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mike V
Any word on the splitter you went with and the nose clearance?
I will try and measure it today, but as it is if im not carefull at the speedbumps or multi-story car park ramps i hit the underside of the splitter but thats about it. Can be avoided, you just have to try and remomber to slow down.

The following users liked this post:
Mike V (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 10:14 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Pacio
Lets see what you guys think of this new little mod, looks very nice in person kind of gives the car a performance look.

Saw it on an Aston DBS and liked it so made my own :P
I can't see the pics....just red x's.

Old 05-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Ice, Pacio's car looks so sexy that the forum administrators had to censor the pics! :-)

Old 05-18-2012, 05:50 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So what type (brand ) exhaust system did you install on your XKR ? Did you go from the cat back or an entire system and the final cost of that system.

Old 05-18-2012, 09:23 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff2130
So what type (brand ) exhaust system did you install on your XKR ? Did you go from the cat back or an entire system and the final cost of that system.
Now its a long story but after Spires has failed teribly for me i have build my own exhaust and it consists of a miltek 200Cel Cats, custom fabricated x-pipe section with the actual X bit being a magnaflow component and a Larini lightweight backbox. The whole system is 2.5" made from highest grade materials.

As far as sound goes i have also removed the silencers or "air pockets" from both intake pipes (6 in total) (in uk we call them intake baffles) and installed track performance ITG foam filters instead of paper ones.

The effect?
This is not just my opinion but alot of people i met on Car meetings and cruises agree this is the most meaty, meanes and deepest V8 Roar they ever heard.

Total cost is about 5000GBP for such setup.

Additionaly had the upper pulley upgrade and a bespoke remap, the car was dynoed at 503 bhp

But it does not feel like 80 bhp extra, it feels like a whole new car as its more agressive, stiffer and louder as you drive it now and its what i wanted to achieve

Stance setup help for 07 XKR.-elpgf.jpg

Last edited by Pacio; 05-18-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Default Sound Clip!

How bout a sound clip Pacio

I just installed the Milltek Cats too, I did a before but not an after yet. I left the mid-section and muffler stock.... for now, but I'll probably mix and match like you did.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:39 PM

Not familiar with the idea of replacing cats first... I thought you leave cats alone and replace mufflers etc. Do changing cats improve sound and performance more than muffler?

Old 05-19-2012, 04:41 AM

Any tips on how to record a good sound clip? tried recording a tunel pass in my XKR but after you play it the speakers just crackle. Any ideas as to distance direction? Thing is i only have a galaxy S2 or iphone 4s to record with or my Macbook lol my camera ended up in the pool last month :P

Old 05-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Veteran Member
Received 325 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by Evoking
Not familiar with the idea of replacing cats first... I thought you leave cats alone and replace mufflers etc. Do changing cats improve sound and performance more than muffler?
From a performance stand point on a forced-induction engine you definitely want to reduce exhaust system restriction as much as possible. This has the effect of increasing the engine's volumetric efficiency (VE), which increases the amount of air that the engine can ingest at any given boost pressure. More air = more power. Our 5L S/C's run 10.2 psi, and increasing VE has the same effect on power as increasing boost pressure, and probably as much as a pulley upgrade. The XKR-S has a less restrictive exhaust I understand, and makes more power partly because of that. The catalytic converters would be a significant restriction, but they're required to meet pollution laws, and may also be required by the engine management system to run properly...don't know about that aspect. A high flow cat would be the answer if the ECU needs to sense it in the system, otherwise replace with "test pipes", enabling the cats to be swapped back in easily if desired at some point

Bruce

Last edited by Bruce H.; 05-19-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Default ipone 4

Originally Posted by Pacio
Any tips on how to record a good sound clip? tried recording a tunel pass in my XKR but after you play it the speakers just crackle. Any ideas as to distance direction? Thing is i only have a galaxy S2 or iphone 4s to record with or my Macbook lol my camera ended up in the pool last month :P

I used my iphone 4 while in park with a buddy 5 feet behind the bumper. Started it up and gave a couple revs then shut it down. My after will be the same. I haven't uploaded it yet but the quality on the phone playback is really good.

Old 05-25-2012, 01:20 PM

Pacio,

Just ordered some Mina springs and exhaust. How about posting some more pics to hold me over ;-) Seriously I'm still on the fence on the spacers. Was thinking I should just get some wheels. Since my tires are new I'll only need wheels. But that is another $4k or so...

I'm also wondering if the drop will pull the top of wheels in even more so I'll def need spacers or wheels...

Old 05-26-2012, 07:09 AM

Heres some pics for you Evoking Hope you enjoy your newfound XKR stance as i do

Stance setup help for 07 XKR.-z6k7p.jpg

Stance setup help for 07 XKR.-k8mas.jpg

Stance setup help for 07 XKR.-z1lt6.jpg

Stance setup help for 07 XKR.-wndsl.jpg

And here is a little something to show off the performance upgrades and remap on my Jag. Raced against a 500bhp Supra on this video. Actually raced him 3 times winning every one, he always tought it must be something he did wrong with his driving as he never lost against any XKR before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Zkzecx2C-rI#!

Also raced a 4.2 Audi R8 that evening with success, still trying to hunt down the lad who was on the camera for that one

Quick Reply: Stance setup help for 07 XKR.