XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Stance setup help for 07 XKR.

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012, 10:11 PM
Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

That things a beast! If the 4.2 pulls like that after remap what the heck does it do for the 5.0? Does the remap void the warranty and what is the best way to it?

Old 05-27-2012, 06:02 AM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Hi Pacio,

I've just signed up to this forum, so can't seem to send PM's as yet.
LOVE the look of your car, well done...mine is halfway there.

I wanted to PM you about your offer of the LED lights, I want to get a set. I'm UK based. Can you PM me with the details?

Originally Posted by Pacio
I will be fitting the RS splitter soon so i will be able to give you a precise answer

I have done around 800 miles now since the upgrade and if you have a full tank of fuel and a passanger then the rear tyres can rub against the little mudflaps on bumpy roads at higher speeds but if you keep your fuel at 50% then even with a heavy passanger no rubbing, and no vibration from spacer under any conditions as expected from the Trak+ system.

You can get the H&R spacers 15mm and 20mm sets as well as the -35mm H&R springs from LarkSpeed UK, i personally recomend Lark used them for ages never dissapointed.

I have made up some amateur comparison pics here goes :P

And the next one shows the car with new reg plates color coded jaguar strip debadged and with the suspension mods i think it looks meaner now

I have also recieved some of the parts ordered and will start putting them on tomorrow

Oh and if anyone is interested i can get another full set ( all 4 pieces) of brand new never used genuine jaguar rear LED taillights for around 350-400GBP

Also i can get a complete modified harness that has all the needed modifications to make sure you get no bulb out errors on the dash and both reverse lights working like they should.

Well thats about it still waiting for the RS diffuser, and the sideskirts, and the splitter, and new intake and.........here we go again

Old 05-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Evoking
That things a beast! If the 4.2 pulls like that after remap what the heck does it do for the 5.0? Does the remap void the warranty and what is the best way to it?
Its not just a remap obviously, what i have done:

-Miltek high flow cats,
-free flow middle section with magnaflow xpipe
-Larini performance backbox
-lower pulley upgrade
-improved flow intake pipes
-ITG foam air filtres
-improved intercooler circulation
-bespoke remap
-Lowered stiffened and widened suspension
-Sticky rear tyres

Im not bothered about warranty anymore :P

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Already sold all of my LED sets.<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Last edited by Pacio; 05-27-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:07 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

really sorry I did read through this whole thread so if i missed my apologies but can some one please state if the camber is way off using H&R springs on a xkr and if you can bring it back to spec so I dont go through my PS2 ;s in a month...

Old 06-02-2012, 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by Chromey35
really sorry I did read through this whole thread so if i missed my apologies but can some one please state if the camber is way off using H&R springs on a xkr and if you can bring it back to spec so I dont go through my PS2 ;s in a month...

Camber can be set back to default no problem you just need a garage that uses otical aligment tools, laser aligment will not fit between tyre and arch after lowering, i have decided to leave some camber as the car actually handles better whrn i go for country road blast its more stable at high speed cornering and under corner exit acceleration

Old 06-07-2012, 12:18 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Quick question if i jut got 20mm spacers for the front 19 jupiter wheels do i need to adjust the boldts down and can i leave the back stock as its the front that really needs it?

Old 06-07-2012, 10:02 AM
Received 141 Likes on 82 Posts

20mm is a lot. Just get longer lugs. They're not terribly expensive, and it's a job you can do yourself. I used a rubber mallet to do the ones on my Nissan a few years ago. It took about 20 minutes a side.

Old 06-07-2012, 12:19 PM

Originally Posted by Chromey35
Quick question if i jut got 20mm spacers for the front 19 jupiter wheels do i need to adjust the boldts down and can i leave the back stock as its the front that really needs it?
I used H&R Trak+ spacers 15mm front and 20mm at the rear and they installed flawlessly did not have to mpdify anything at all.

Old 06-11-2012, 04:10 PM

Yes but I understand for 11+ modifications are required.

Old 06-28-2012, 01:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H&R Spacers on a 2007 XK

Wow am I glad I found this thread, saved me so much time in researching this topic! I believe the XK is probably different than the XKRs in this manner though as I ordered the 20mm H&R spacers all the way around. The rears fit perfectly, no modification necessary and look perfect.

The fronts however weren't enough in my opinion, and required me to cut off about 5 or so mm from the stock lugs. I would think that the fronts would do better for 25mm or even 30mm, especially if you are not lowering the car or using lowering springs and want to keep everything else stock.

I may actually try to exchange the 20mm for some 25mm spacers up front, and I will try and get some photos up too.

The following users liked this post:
Mufc (05-13-2017)
Old 07-17-2012, 02:21 PM

Hi Guys and Gals, long time no see, i was out of the country for a while had to leave the jag in the garage, got back took it for a 2 day major Detailing inc. 2 stage machine polished etc. so i'm just adding a quick video, mostly showing how it sound with all the mods described on this thread, hope you enjoy!

Ill also upload some proper after detailing shots later

Old 07-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Great to see you back. The car sounds amazing!!

Are you still having thoughts of painting the wheels anthracite?
My car is same colour as yours Nd I can't make my mind up if to paint mine or not.

Old 09-13-2012, 05:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So u guys got me all geeked on reading this post so i ordered my h&r springs n spacers and my 20" Vossen CV3s today for my drop top R....i plan to install it all at the same time when it all comes in!!

Old 09-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by eddieboy
So u guys got me all geeked on reading this post so i ordered my h&r springs n spacers and my 20" Vossen CV3s today for my drop top R....i plan to install it all at the same time when it all comes in!!
Why did you need spacers with the vossens? They are wider and more aggressive than stock wheels.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:36 AM

Yeah, what he said about why you need spacers... And the bigger question is are you sure the Vossens will fit? I had a reseller tell me they don't make CV3 for XK. We've got the funkiest bolt patter known to man. From whom did you order them and will they fit?

Old 09-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Evoking
Yeah, what he said about why you need spacers... And the bigger question is are you sure the Vossens will fit? I had a reseller tell me they don't make CV3 for XK. We've got the funkiest bolt patter known to man. From whom did you order them and will they fit?
If Vossen doesn't make these for Jag fitment, the dealer is probably redrilling them to fit. It's a hit or miss process. Sometimes it works out fine. Somethimes it doesn't. I've tried it twice and it didn't work out either time so I'll never do it again. What pissed me off is the dealer didn't tell me he was selling me redrilled wheels. I got every penny back by threatening legal action. They should have disclosed the wheels were altered from the manufacturing process.

Old 09-14-2012, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by ice350
If Vossen doesn't make these for Jag fitment, the dealer is probably redrilling them to fit. It's a hit or miss process. Sometimes it works out fine. Somethimes it doesn't. I've tried it twice and it didn't work out either time so I'll never do it again. What pissed me off is the dealer didn't tell me he was selling me redrilled wheels. I got every penny back by threatening legal action. They should have disclosed the wheels were altered from the manufacturing process.
I actually posted before finalizing my wheel order and i did find out 2 things on the Vossens...they DO need to be redrilled and only their 22" wheel clears our calipers....so i am holding out for something forged. Probably a Deviant DV5.2 or Rennen R10

Old 09-14-2012, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by ice350
Why did you need spacers with the vossens? They are wider and more aggressive than stock wheels.
Oh let me explain...I plan to roll stock during the winter months, which is when i will use spacers. I travel to warmer temps often and plan to swap my wheels, and remove the spacers, at that point.

Old 09-18-2012, 04:36 AM

Hi Guys, and Gals.

Since i have started this thread in the first place i have decided to share my quick opinion on lowering the jag.

Jag now lowered for over half year 5.000 miles done this way, no issues, no downsides, pleasure to look at and tackle the corners, this all applies to the springs and spacers that i have used, obviously.

Have some pics too.

Thats what happens when you go trigger happy with holding the DSC button for 10 seconds too often.

And after 2 stage machine polish and swiss wax detailing, nice and shiny

Hope you treat your big cats well and want to see some aftermarket wheels fitted on your jags as im thinking to get some but have no good ideas regarding shape/size

Last edited by Pacio; 09-18-2012 at 05:25 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:05 AM
Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Default Front lip touch

Have you noticed your front lip touching the ground coming out of parking lots or small elevations/declines?

Quick Reply: Stance setup help for 07 XKR.