XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Stereo Upgrade for XKR 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2020, 12:17 PM
Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

To be honest, I dont post at all. I just look for how-to on fixing my Jag. I do find it funny how paranoid some people are because someone found a solution and wanted to share it. The only reason i even posted was because of some of the comments suggesting the guy is some kinda scammer. Forums can be a great thing for people to share ideas just think its a shame people getting blasted just showing something they did. For myself, I love my Jag, except for the radio, dated antenna, and the dated chrome trim. But i have fixed the last two thanks to this forum. Hopefully this solution for an updated radio is good. I want to get it but also just dont want to flush the money if it doesn't work that good.

Old 10-16-2020, 01:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Luke, you neglected to say where you got this unit. What is it called on Ali Express?

Old 10-16-2020, 03:21 PM
Received 77 Likes on 57 Posts

Please can someone explain why navtool is apparently persona-non-grata on this forum?

Old 10-16-2020, 03:25 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,490 Posts

Like other comments here other then the novelty, I could care less about infotainment. However if this product could be used for track purposes such lap timer, telemetry, track camera recorder, OBD data etc I would do it without hesitation

Last edited by jahummer; 10-17-2020 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-16-2020, 03:26 PM
Received 376 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by JustNiz
Please can someone explain why navtool is apparently persona-non-grata on this forum?
I'm also curious, they still exist so what did they do?

Old 10-16-2020, 05:47 PM
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
I am amazed by the number of brand new Forum Members who have chimed in on this thread.
Don’t be amazed.. obviously a topic that interests many, due to the archaic OEM infotainment system that comes in our cars. Also, the dumbfounding interaction that had been taking place by forum members that should know better, has obviously provided some entertainment value for many. So, yes there has been a number of new members participating and that is a good thing I would have thought to share the knowledge and the passion that we all share as a group.
So a welcome to to new members and those posting for the first time would have been more appropriate than the interaction that has occurred to date.
And for those that appear to have forgotten some of this forum’s guidelines;

Opinions of members: We are all entitled to our opinions, but please do not use this forum as a base to abuse other members or companies either in person or about their product or services. Anything considered unsuitable, or anything that could place this site and its owners in an inappropriate situation will be moderated or removed.”

But lets put an end to that and focus on the technical attributes of this post. Perhaps Cambo, our moderator may chime in and reinforce the appropriate behaviour on this forum.

Thanks again for the post Luke. Good information there.

Last edited by XJCCAT; 10-16-2020 at 05:49 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by XJCCAT:
jahummer (10-16-2020), peterv8 (10-17-2020), ralphwg (10-16-2020)
Old 10-16-2020, 08:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,431 Likes on 3,207 Posts

Originally Posted by XJCCAT
............................. butthurt blahblahblah butthurt blahblahblah.............................
Jeez, man, all I did was make an observation. Never in my ten years in here have I ever seen so many new guys post on one thread as on this one. How the HELLZ did you take that as a detrimental comment?
Take much personally? Jeez, again.

Old 10-16-2020, 08:56 PM
Veteran Member

Maybe they have all been lurking for the holy grail and this thread is the proof it exists...really

The following 2 users liked this post by jahummer:
Cee Jay (10-16-2020), Tiepolo (08-03-2023)
Old 10-16-2020, 09:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,211 Likes on 917 Posts

The Chinese have obviously hit on something that a lot of XK owners want.

The following users liked this post:
Tiepolo (08-03-2023)
Old 10-16-2020, 10:26 PM
Received 87 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by dvdpsycho
To be honest, I dont post at all. I just look for how-to on fixing my Jag. I do find it funny how paranoid some people are because someone found a solution and wanted to share it. The only reason i even posted was because of some of the comments suggesting the guy is some kinda scammer. Forums can be a great thing for people to share ideas just think its a shame people getting blasted just showing something they did. For myself, I love my Jag, except for the radio, dated antenna, and the dated chrome trim. But i have fixed the last two thanks to this forum. Hopefully this solution for an updated radio is good. I want to get it but also just dont want to flush the money if it doesn't work that good.
It works great so far, no issues at all and I achieved what I set out to do. There are a few small niggly things like spelling mistakes in the vehicle settings and the aerial taking a Long time to retract but these can all be fixed in a software update. Thanks for the positive outlook and understanding.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:52 PM
Received 87 Likes on 25 Posts

Yes it is available on both Alibaba and AliExpress I am dubious about posting links as I’m not sure on the rules about that here as it may be considered advertising , but I assume you can send me a PM and I can send the link there.

As for the other usefulness , yes it supports OBD2 so apps like torque pro amongst many others should work in theory without any issues . I will be trying this as an addition soon .

You can install a Dvr camera like I have and control it from the head unit .

I am looking into a minor hack of the rear view mirror casing so I can mount the Dvr in the centre of the windscreen as the is installer mounted it off to the right instead .This is only to improve aesthetics.

Once complete I will share how it went.

Old 10-17-2020, 12:05 AM
Veteran Member
Received 5,431 Likes on 3,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Luke Martin
Yes it is available on both Alibaba and AliExpress I am dubious about posting links as I’m not sure on the rules about that here as it may be considered advertising , but I assume you can send me a PM and I can send the link there..................
Don't let my initial paranoia deter you from sharing pertinent links. As long as you personally aren't surreptitiously affiliated with the seller, including links is quite well tolerated.
What got me thinking right off the bat about something shady was your quick reference to Navt00l. A very crappy company with a poor reputation.

Old 10-17-2020, 03:20 AM
Received 376 Likes on 249 Posts

I want one but am a little concerned.
It's a brand new product with several sellers but some say it has Android 8, some 9 and some 10? Why would they use the 2-3 years old Android version on this product? Also even though the all look the same they come with different chips in them, from PX3 to PX6? I find it hard to believe there are several company's that make the same unit? Think it's one company that makes them but differently branded but again why would they make them with so many Android versions and different chips?
I really want one but don't know if I dare ordering one?

The following 2 users liked this post by peterv8:
DGL (10-17-2020), ralphwg (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 03:54 AM
SBS
Received 248 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by peterv8
I'm also curious, they still exist so what did they do?
Originally Posted by JustNiz
Its quite baffling that no one seems to not want to answer this reoccurring question. The question seems to be just ignored when asked, weird.

peterv8 (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 06:36 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,012 Likes on 1,345 Posts

Originally Posted by SBS
Its quite baffling that no one seems to not want to answer this reoccurring question. The question seems to be just ignored when asked, weird.
I, for one, tried to purchase a unit from that company. Never got the unit. Month after month I called them. It was one lame excuse after another, with always “we’ll be shipping in 30 days” (or something like that). This went on for a year! I gave up, and told them to cancel the order. I will never try them again.

The following 2 users liked this post by kj07xk:
ralphwg (10-17-2020), SBS (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 07:34 AM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

I will like to have one of these infotainment systems in my XKR; however, I have many more questions than answers and we're dealing with a manufacturer in China through multiple resellers (or what appears to be multiple resellers). We need to protect our members and be mindful of unscrupulous players looking to pick pocket us. I appreciate some new members input of providing a brief review of the unit. These are the questions I have:

1. Who is the manufacturer?
2. What level of support is the manufacturer offering? Installation help, software updates, warranty.
3. They market the unit for 2007 to 2015 XK, XKR, and XKR-S. These cars are outfitted with different options and features. I suspect they have put together a solution to fit all of these models and features with only addressing the common features. Some of these X150 models include OEM backup camera, heated/cooled seats, heated windshield etc.--this could be problematic. How well does the bluetooth work with several connections to the installed apps and OEM bluetooth connected at the same time.
4. Manufacture website for warranty and service? These popup resellers are here today and could be gone tomorrow.
5. I will like to see some detailed YouTube videos to address the above. These are easy to make. Where are they?

I've reached out to a seller on AliExpress with these concerns and offered to use my car as a test pilot. I asked for a discount and also mentioned about 5-10 other members on the Jaguar forum are interested in the product. All I got was a smilei face. However, the reseller was quick to agree to other questions with no proof. I'm assuming a manufacturer in China has come up with these units and have customized them to fit many cars without further refinement to OEM specific options and model changes. I will need further concrete proof and assurance the manufacturer will support the product.

Last edited by DGL; 10-17-2020 at 07:46 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by DGL:
jahummer (10-17-2020), ralphwg (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 07:45 AM
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jahummer
Like other comments here other then the novelty, I could care less about infotainment. However if this product could be used for track purposes such lap timer, telemetry, track camera recorder, OBD data etc I would do it without hesitation
If they make an app for your Android phone, then that same app can be used on the head unit. So yes to the OBD. I have no idea about the other things you mentioned.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:00 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Seil39
I have a 2007 XK and my Samsung 10e wont pair with the older software. A} is there a software upgrade, B} will a 2015 Display fit in my 2007?
There is a separate Bluetooth module in the boot, has nothing to do with the head unit and no the 2015 TSD is not a direct swap to a 2007.

May want to verify what the issue really is before making any changes. Try other Bluetooth phones, make sure you are pairing correctly etc

Old 10-17-2020, 08:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,256 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Originally Posted by SBS
The company is simply a pass through. You order from them, they order from Alibaba or wherever and slap their stickers on the items they sell, and then (maybe) you get what you ordered.

Their website indicates they have a "A" BBB rating (Better Business Bureau). If you go out to the New York BBB site, you will see they have an "F" rating.
They trolled this site in mass when the information was disclosed awhile back. The moderators eventually got rid of them and have since been pretty good about deleting the name when it appears but there's no way Luke could have known this or anyone else who hasn't sat on the X150 thread for a few years.

For the rest of you looking at buying, Canavie is the most responsive of the sites I've written to. In fact they're the only ones who have responded. I believe they are using Android 10, charging $999 on current sale, not including shipping and they are not responsible for customs. You can write them and ask if the OS can be updated without impacting their software.

I also realize they aren't popular with some for various reasons already beat to death but they are very popular, regardless of car
https://www.google.com/search?q=tesl...w=1676&bih=859

SBS (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 08:35 AM
SBS
Received 248 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by kj07xk
I, for one, tried to purchase a unit from that company. Never got the unit. Month after month I called them. It was one lame excuse after another, with always “we’ll be shipping in 30 days” (or something like that). This went on for a year! I gave up, and told them to cancel the order. I will never try them again.
Thank you for that brother
Sometimes forums are like pulling teeth

Quick Reply: Stereo Upgrade for XKR 2007