XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Stereo Upgrade for XKR 2007

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2020, 03:44 PM
guy
Veteran Member
Received 1,123 Likes on 791 Posts

Whether it’s legitimate or not, it looks like crap. I wouldn’t take it.

Old 11-05-2020, 07:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 5,431 Likes on 3,207 Posts

If it was a choice between Upgrade the Infotainment or lose it altogether, I'd do this. Since it isn't to that point, I'll keep what I have. Besides, since I have an Android Box already through the TSD, I mostly have this but on a smaller screen.

Old 11-05-2020, 08:21 PM
Received 308 Likes on 151 Posts

I’ve been following this thread with interest and am glad that I made the choice to install Cambo’s CarPlay kit. I have current maps, SiriusXM, iheart radio, spotify, google maps with traffic, waze. Siri reads my messages to me and I can dictate my response, gets directions, makes calls ...all with a British accent as my original Jaguar nav had. I chose the wireless version that has connected flawlessly every time. I can press the hidden button and access all of the vehicle settings. Plus, I’m confident that if there’s any issues, Cambo will help...

The following 5 users liked this post by arenaej:
Cee Jay (11-05-2020), guy (11-07-2020), jahummer (11-05-2020), ralphwg (11-07-2020), Sean W (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 04:15 AM
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I think I’ve found a new love for my car now. I’ve been contemplating on trading my car but this Tesla style android system is one of the Xk best upgrades for me. “ quote for me” I’ve had to many combo device like separate blue tooth to talk on because my phone unit didn’t work, device for listening to music. I have the crux mirror WiFi car play to screen with stupid Na_ Tv. I’ve removed all those device from my car now after fours days of going detail with this system.

I love sound so trying to make this convertible tight terrible factory sound to play better by adding subwoofer and I did not like the highs.

This device made my factory speakers sound like I added a amp to them and has a built in EQ.

When I saw this device I wasn’t a bit hesitant but I was thirsty to take the plunge.

Everything buddy said about this screen is right but for me he missed a few other added features.

First the styling of this device has boosted the interior look along with putting this xk into 2020. Jag lacking in the interior and options. Hell Infiniti has pass them up.

Getting back to Android screen it’s not missing any options for our car except for I can’t clear brake light warning with triangle that pops up and this Celsius is bothering me, going back and fourth with tech guy to see if I can change it. I’m going to post some vids if I can. Any questions I will be glad to try to answer.

I have pics on my profile. I have Videos also. I will be glad to send them just send me a message.

The following 2 users liked this post by Privilegedjaguar:
peterv8 (11-06-2020), sgtm7 (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 06:36 AM
Received 327 Likes on 186 Posts

To each his own. I guess we are attracted to the XK for different reasons and those reasons drive us to what we do with the car. Tech it up. Slam it. Race it. Crown it a garage queen.

As I've said before, I was attracted to the XK for its looks and lineage, as well as the fact that it's a reasonably comfortable GT. I thought it was pretty nice as is, so any mods are and likely will be modest. There were younger F-Types out there that were close to my budget, as well as older Astons, but this XK ticked all the boxes on my shopping list. And it's proved to be loads of fun mixed with a lot of British-style sophistication. And my wife looks forward to riding in it, which is a bonus (for me anyway ).

I do enjoy reading what other owners are doing with their cars, but mostly it's for intellectual interest (and sometimes wonderment). I'll just piddle along.

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (11-06-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 06:40 AM
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by guy
Whether it’s legitimate or not, it looks like crap. I wouldn’t take it.
Is it the physical hardware you don't like, or the GUI/screen? If the latter, that can be changed(it is Android after all, not IOS). I have Android head units in all my cars, and I use Car Launcher Pro for my interface in all of them. If it is the hardware, I guess that is just a preference thing. I think the Android head unit looks better than the OEM one. Like another poster pointed out though, the XK market is smaller, than the XJ, F-Type, or Land Rover market, so it appears there is less choice/selection available for the XK.

Old 11-06-2020, 09:37 AM
Received 376 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Privilegedjaguar
I think I’ve found a new love for my car now. I’ve been contemplating on trading my car but this Tesla style android system is one of the Xk best upgrades for me. “ quote for me” I’ve had to many combo device like separate blue tooth to talk on because my phone unit didn’t work, device for listening to music. I have the crux mirror WiFi car play to screen with stupid Na_ Tv. I’ve removed all those device from my car now after fours days of going detail with this system.

I love sound so trying to make this convertible tight terrible factory sound to play better by adding subwoofer and I did not like the highs.

This device made my factory speakers sound like I added a amp to them and has a built in EQ.

When I saw this device I wasn’t a bit hesitant but I was thirsty to take the plunge.

Everything buddy said about this screen is right but for me he missed a few other added features.

First the styling of this device has boosted the interior look along with putting this xk into 2020. Jag lacking in the interior and options. Hell Infiniti has pass them up.

Getting back to Android screen it’s not missing any options for our car except for I can’t clear brake light warning with triangle that pops up and this Celsius is bothering me, going back and fourth with tech guy to see if I can change it. I’m going to post some vids if I can. Any questions I will be glad to try to answer.

I have pics on my profile. I have Videos also. I will be glad to send them just send me a message.
So it seems the unit works, sorry Luke for not trusting you!:-D
Thanks for the review, have sent you a message.:-)

Old 11-06-2020, 09:42 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by peterv8
So it seems the unit works, sorry Luke for not trusting you!:-D
Thanks for the review, have sent you a message.:-)
Now I'm not so sure priveligedjaguar isn't also either Luke, or affiliated with him. Four posts and three have been on this subject.

Old 11-06-2020, 11:20 AM
Received 376 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by Cee Jay
Now I'm not so sure priveligedjaguar isn't also either Luke, or affiliated with him. Four posts and three have been on this subject.
He's been a member since 2014.

Old 11-06-2020, 02:15 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by peterv8
He's been a member since 2014.
Yep, right around the time NavTool became a thing. Also, four total posts.
I'm not saying it fact, just that it is possible.

Old 11-06-2020, 02:21 PM

That’s why I don’t like posting because Haters like Cee Jay has negative things to say. I’m not getting any promotion money or a kick back. I’m just sharing my experience. It might be expensive for some and I get that. Just sharing not hating. Buy the Android Radio if you want or keep that boring unattractive 1980 screen and I will enjoy my swaged out into the 2020’s screen.
P.s ask others members that I’m legit! You can follow my IG. Jayevansxk.

Old 11-06-2020, 02:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,380 Likes on 1,490 Posts

Sometimes you need to just let it roll off. Any pics or further insight regarding install, etc that you can share with those who have genuine interest?

We really are just a community of enthusiasts looking to share and help each other, no need to keep things a secret 😃

Old 11-06-2020, 02:59 PM
Veteran Member

That’s why I don’t like posting because Haters like Cee Jay has negative things to say. I’m not getting any promotion money or a kick back. I’m just sharing my experience. It might be expensive for some and I get that. Just sharing not hating. Buy the Android Radio if you want or keep that boring unattractive 1980 screen and I will enjoy my swaged out into the 2020’s screen.
P.s ask others members that I’m legit! You can follow my IG. Jayevansxk.
I'm definitely not a hater, but it's weird that you jump right to that statement.
I make observations. You had posted four times in six years and three of them are about a somewhat suspected thread with mention of NavFool.

Now you post again persecuting me personally when I point to those facts.
That alone sort of solidifies my observations. If everything is copacetic, I am happy to have you among the forum members, even as a 99% silent partner.
Have a nice day!

Old 11-06-2020, 03:19 PM
Received 327 Likes on 186 Posts

Privilegedjaguar, sorry to hear that you are reluctant to post on this forum. It's safe to say that almost all members are adults, at least chronologically, and your input on various topics would at least not harm this forum, and might help.

Some here try to guess at the motive of others who post. I try (not perfectly, I am human) to follow the mantra "assume good faith." Unless I have good reason not to, I take you at your word and I think the vast majority of others here do the same.

The following 3 users liked this post by Bill Mack:
jahummer (11-06-2020), jimbov8 (11-06-2020), ralphwg (11-07-2020)
Old 11-06-2020, 04:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,256 Likes on 2,379 Posts

Please consider posting your videos on YouTube. I've used "Handbrake" to compress the video and it uploads to YouTube fast. The app is free. Once you upload, just make it public and we can see it.

I'd like to understand if you can alter the size of any of the OEM controls (temp for example).

Old 11-06-2020, 11:01 PM

No Sorry no I made mistake. But it’s ok!👎🏿👎🏿👎🏿

Old 11-07-2020, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by Bill Mack
Privilegedjaguar, sorry to hear that you are reluctant to post on this forum. It's safe to say that almost all members are adults, at least chronologically, and your input on various topics would at least not harm this forum, and might help.

Some here try to guess at the motive of others who post. I try (not perfectly, I am human) to follow the mantra "assume good faith." Unless I have good reason not to, I take you at your word and I think the vast majority of others here do the same.
if we’re all adults why some act like kids. People like Cee Jay picking on the quiet student in the class because I raised my hand. People like that suck the energy out of you because they trying to make up for there short coming. So quick to point out I’ve only posted four time since 2014. But I’ve definitely posted more pics and did more mods to my car then yours. Buy the look at your profile. You do a lot of talking but we’ve never seen actions to your Jag. I thought the forum was about helping not tearing people down. That’s the reason I don’t share because people like Cee Jay not happy for you so I keep things to my self. If you can’t afford something it’s cool. It it’s not cool to antagonize people because your a master poster. No apology. No I’m sorry. So Everyone thank your boy because this is my last final post. P.s I’ve had pink slip(title) since to my Jag 2013. Along with my 2011 XjL and 2014 Jeep Srt.

Old 11-07-2020, 01:02 AM
Received 313 Likes on 147 Posts

I might purchase one on 11-11 since that is a discount date on Ali.
My biggest concern is the brightness / visibility of the screen in bright daylight with the convertible top down, and the polarization angle of the LCD (still visible when wearing polarized sunglasses?)

Last edited by Cabrio Bob; 11-07-2020 at 01:04 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DGL (11-19-2020)
Old 11-07-2020, 01:19 AM
Veteran Member

*sigh*
Some people's kids.............................................. ...

Old 11-07-2020, 03:43 AM
Received 6,324 Likes on 5,510 Posts

This seems to have run it's erratic course.
Thread Closed.

The following 2 users liked this post by Norri:
Cee Jay (11-07-2020), Rahtok (11-07-2020)