XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

From street to track and back. Pace, grace and race!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by axr6
Most likely, like 90+ percent likely, I will not buy the new Vette but, I do like to comparison "shop" by reading the various comparison tests. I hate to say it but, my interests in actually driving super fast sports cars, have dropped off precipitously. If so, then why bother with an other sports car when I have one parked at my house that does not even get started up for 6 months at a time?
I know exactly what you mean..... We used to have 1988 Saleen Mustang SA-5, street legal, with AC/heat and 700hp on tap. It would get used once every few months. What was even worse, it would just start developing problems just from sitting. We got rid of it and never looked back.

The XF these days pretty much satisfies my performance driving needs. The car is awesome on the XJL wheels/tires. Both for handling and, even more surprisingly, for the fantastic ride quality on the tires that gave that terrible ride on the XJL. That XF was purchased outright vs. lease on the XJL. I am already thinking how I could return the XJL at the end of the lease and keep the wheels/tires with the XF? You think they would notice?
Albert
hahaha. You know Albert, it may work as i think the wheels are interchangeable on all of the new models. I have the 19" Caravellas on my XF and they are available for the XKs.

On another note, i am sure if you traded the XJ for another Jaguar and kept the wheels on the XF, they wouldn't say much.You never know.

I am on the same boat as you. The XF's intrinsic values really responds better to all of my senses better than anything.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:04 PM
Received 134 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce H.

That's easy...because you modified the RX7 for outragous performance that makes it completely uncomfortable for the street. Years of great memories that you've kept for that reason only probably. Let it go and make room for the car that will thrill you now. Dont think of it as an end of an era, but rather the start of an exciting new one!

Bruce

Solid advice! Try not to think of it as "The Girl that got away..." haha

Old 10-01-2013, 03:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Solid advice! Try not to think of it as "The Girl that got away..." haha
I keep telling myself that I am simply waiting for the right person to buy it. That, without actually offering it for sale.

Sitting right now in Amsterdam, freezing my butt off. Why did I leave warm CA...?

Albert

Old 10-01-2013, 04:19 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,126 Likes on 797 Posts

Sitting right now in Amsterdam, freezing my butt off. Why did I leave warm CA...?
On the bright side, you're only 3 & a half hours drive from the 'Ring...

Old 10-01-2013, 05:11 AM
Veteran Member
Received 594 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by Ngarara
On the bright side, you're only 3 & a half hours drive from the 'Ring...
Ha... Ha... Ha... Did not even think about that. Let's see; my excuse for not doing it this time.... I didn't bring my killer Ring car with me... that has to do for now.

Albert