XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

tberg on a pantera

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2021, 01:33 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts
Default tberg on a pantera

Hey tberg I'm watching a youtube video from Emelia Hartford which she posted today. About 3/4 of the way into the video there is a super Pantera . You might want to take a look.

The following users liked this post:
tberg (06-20-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 09:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,579 Likes on 1,419 Posts

On my usual Sunday morning romp through Malibu Canyon on the way with my friend and his Pantera to Cars and Coffee at Malibu Country Mart, halfway through the canyon I blew a coolant hose and lost all coolant in about 30 seconds. Luckily there was a wide shoulder to pull over and my tow driver who lives not too far away and who parks his trucks at my office building was able to come pick it up right away and will take it to my mechanic tomorrow. I've been putting off get some work done, and now I have no more excuses. Thanks Jagtoes, I will check the video out and report back. When are you coming out for some golf? I'm playing tomorrow at Sterling Hills in Camarillo, a very nice course in the middle of farmland. How did you like the end of the US Open? Have you ever seen so many collapses by so many players except for Rahm?

Clellandm (06-22-2021)
Old 06-20-2021, 09:36 PM
Veteran Member

Just watched the video. Beautiful car with a lot of nice features, I especially liked the gauges which you can see brightly lit in the dark, unlike mine. The one thing I found disappointing is after doing all that work both inside and out, they left the stock ill-fitting door panels that looked horrbile and had warped gaps at the time and were held down with screws along the top edge. When I redid my car, I designed a much nicer interior with custom door panels that fit and look much better than the originals. But beautiful car nonetheless. I've read about several other Pantera owners who have done the Coyote swap, as well as a Denmark car that has a Chrysler Hemi engine in it putting out about 1000 hp as I recall.

The following 2 users liked this post by tberg:
Clellandm (06-24-2021), jagtoes (06-21-2021)
Old 06-21-2021, 06:02 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,839 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by tberg
On my usual Sunday morning romp through Malibu Canyon on the way with my friend and his Pantera to Cars and Coffee at Malibu Country Mart, halfway through the canyon I blew a coolant hose and lost all coolant in about 30 seconds. Luckily there was a wide shoulder to pull over and my tow driver who lives not too far away and who parks his trucks at my office building was able to come pick it up right away and will take it to my mechanic tomorrow. I've been putting off get some work done, and now I have no more excuses. Thanks Jagtoes, I will check the video out and report back. When are you coming out for some golf? I'm playing tomorrow at Sterling Hills in Camarillo, a very nice course in the middle of farmland. How did you like the end of the US Open? Have you ever seen so many collapses by so many players except for Rahm?
Yes , yesterday was a disaster for the top guys and I was surprised on how they fell. I guess Rahm passed the covid test this week and had to make up for last round. I'll be doing some of the east coast golf this year as my Scotland trip was moved again to next year. So instead I joined Trump National Golf club here in NY. Looks like a good show above. Have fun and enjoy the ride

tberg (06-21-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 02:28 PM
DGL
Veteran Member
Received 933 Likes on 611 Posts

Of the 3rd day leaders Rahm and Oosthuizen were the only top players with a winning mentality. Hughes, Henley and DeChambeau all had a mental melt down. You don't normally see so many top players fall apart at this level. It was painful to watch on a course I use to play every day. Rahm made at least 2 very important difficult putts on the last holes. He was very focused and showed no negative energy. Of course, I was hoping for Hughes as a Canadian. It was sad to watch him fall apart under all the pressure. DeChambeau's snowman was off the charts.

​​​I hope to be back in South Cali next year after all this pandemic crazy stuff is finally under control. I'll love to see your Pantera, Ted.

Clellandm (06-22-2021)
Old 06-22-2021, 10:28 PM
Veteran Member

Hi Glenn,
Better than just seeing it, take it for a weekend, or come with me and my friend and his Pantera down to Malibu on a Sunday morning for the greatest collection of cars you'll ever see. We always get a good receiption with our cars even among all the Lambos, Ferraris, McLarens, etc.

DGL (06-23-2021)
Old 06-23-2021, 03:10 AM
GGG
Received 16,861 Likes on 12,186 Posts

This is a TOPIC for a PRIVATE MESSAGE exchange and not for a THREAD.

Graham