XK / XKR ( X150 ) 2006 - 2014

Tesla Style Head Unit for X150

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2024, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one on order. The unit I ordered says it ships with Android 12, has anyone that has had for a couple years know if we'll be able to update the Android version as time goes on or are we stuck with what it shipped with?

Old 04-09-2024, 07:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Mic volume adjustment, where is it?

Well Navihua finally gave in and sent the correct MOST box and voila the audio is now working. Unfortunately the microphone is so quiet nobody can hear me. I have tried the internal and external mic as well as a quality after market mic all with the same results. Sone internet searching has me convinced the mic volume is too low. Several videos show how to access the settings but not on this unit for the 2014 XKR. I have reviewed every menu I can locate with no luck.

Does anyone have the directions to access the menu to adjust the mic gain? I have the 123456 password and have reviewed all the menus I could find that use it without success.

A outline on how to get to the right area or a link to a video tutorial that uses the same head unit will be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the unit I bought except this is a Android 10 and mine says Android 13 on the sticker but in System Information it is displayed as Android 10.

Thanks,

Kort

Old 04-09-2024, 07:53 PM
Received 305 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by Kort
Well Navihua finally gave in and sent the correct MOST box and voila the audio is now working. Unfortunately the microphone is so quiet nobody can hear me. I have tried the internal and external mic as well as a quality after market mic all with the same results. Sone internet searching has me convinced the mic volume is too low. Several videos show how to access the settings but not on this unit for the 2014 XKR. I have reviewed every menu I can locate with no luck.

Does anyone have the directions to access the menu to adjust the mic gain? I have the 123456 password and have reviewed all the menus I could find that use it without success.

A outline on how to get to the right area or a link to a video tutorial that uses the same head unit will be greatly appreciated.

Here is a link to the unit I bought except this is a Android 10 and mine says Android 13 on the sticker but in System Information it is displayed as Android 10.

Thanks,

Kort
See my post #190 in this thread. Your microphone issues will be solved.

Old 04-10-2024, 08:31 AM

Thanks for this. I went in and removed the onboard mic, taped up the connections, in case they are needed for future use, installed an upgraded external mic, mounted it next to the factory mic, and am told the calls sound fine now.

Perhaps you have the answers to some other minor frustrations and or things I 'd still like to complete as time permits:

1) How do you get the driver and passenger controls to sync so they don't need to both be adjusted?
2) Is there a TPMS receiver that will sync with the factory sensors in the tires?
3) What is a compatible OBD2 unit? I bought a AUTOPHIX 3210 and it connects to the phone with no issue but the head unit doesn't even see it. Maybe it's a BT setting?
4) Where does the factory Nav antenna terminate and can it be tied into the head unit? I'm guessing its in the trunk with the nav system and a line would just need to be run to the dash.
5) Is there a setting to adjust the volume on the distance sensor beeper or do I just need to add a rheostat to it?

Old 04-10-2024, 11:01 AM

Thanks for this. I went in and removed the onboard mic, taped up the connections, in case they are needed for future use, installed an upgraded external mic, mounted it next to the factory mic, and am told the calls sound fine now.

Perhaps you have the answers to some other minor frustrations and or things I 'd still like to complete as time permits:

1) How do you get the driver and passenger controls to sync so they don't need to both be adjusted?
2) Is there a TPMS receiver that will sync with the factory sensors in the tires?
3) What is a compatible OBD2 unit? I bought a AUTOPHIX 3210 and it connects to the phone with no issue but the head unit doesn't even see it. Maybe it's a BT setting?
4) Where does the factory Nav antenna terminate and can it be tied into the head unit? I'm guessing its in the trunk with the nav system and a line would just need to be run to the dash.
5) Is there a setting to adjust the volume on the distance sensor beeper or do I just need to add a rheostat to it?
‘I’ll try:
1. I don’t see a sync button (assuming you mean hvac controls) mine are synced.
2. TPMS is achieved via sensors that can be installed to replace the factory sensors or sensors that replace the valve cap and a usb fob. Available on eBay or Amazon.
3. I have an OBDLink MX+ - I think that Bluetooth scanners can only connect to one device at a time…if it’s connected to your phone it won’t connect to the head unit.
4. I have had great success using the wifi/gps antennas that came with the unit. When installing, I put them on top of the vent system just under the dash…
5. I don’t see a volume adjustment for the parking sensors…never saw one with the OEM infotainment either…
If you are happy with my help, hit the “like” button😎

Old 04-10-2024, 11:40 AM

Thanks, pretty much what I was thinking except for the HVAC. On the original head unit you could select sync or separate and then, if synced, every time the passenger used their control it would un-sync. Perhaps if I reinstall the original head unit and set it to sync then install the Android it will simply remain in sync.

The speaker that came with the unit for the parking sensors is quite loud. Im just going to instal a potentiometer inline to adjust the volume.

I also have put the antennas on top of the vent but just link it would be even better using the OEM antenna.

Thanks, and consider the Like Button hit

Old 04-10-2024, 12:18 PM

I see the difference in the parking sensor beep…I didn’t install the speaker…my ears are 74 and in my misspent youth I was a bass player touring with rock bands so it wouldn’t help…btw, you can’t just consider the like button hit, you need to actually hit it 🥹

Old 04-10-2024, 06:56 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,219 Likes on 2,367 Posts

Thanks, and consider the Like Button hit
@Kort Hitting the like button matters to a lot of us contributors. You might not have seen it but it's at the bottom of every post and is appreciated. Thank you sir.

The following 6 users liked this post by Sean W:
arenaej (04-10-2024), panthera999 (06-08-2024), ralphwg (04-10-2024), SNAPCHAT (06-29-2024), Stuart S (04-11-2024), V7Sport (04-11-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-12-2024, 10:47 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Blue box for Tesla screen

howdy! Similar to some of the other users in the group, my installer tried to connect the Tesla screen and we didn’t receive any audio. I have a 2013 XKRS with bowers and Wilkins sound/amp, and assuming this is the issue. Since the blue box provided to me doesn’t work (and the folks in china stopped responding to me) does anyone have a solve around or know the website to order a replacement? Any help would be appreciated!

thanks

Last edited by Norri; 06-07-2024 at 11:20 AM.
Old 04-12-2024, 10:50 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts

Originally Posted by lance.leighton
howdy! Similar to some of the other users in the group, my installer tried to connect the Tesla screen and we didn’t receive any audio. I have a 2013 XKRS with bowers and Wilkins sound/amp, and assuming this is the issue. Since the blue box provided to me doesn’t work (and the folks in china stopped responding to me) does anyone have a solve around or know the website to order a replacement? Any help would be appreciated!

thanks
The good news for you is there’s no difference in hardware between B&W and premium, they’re all the same hardware/equipment.

Old 04-12-2024, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by lance.leighton

thanks
See post 145…this is a long thread…anyone considering one of these needs to read it in it’s entirety. The answer to every issue is here…

Old 04-12-2024, 03:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,367 Likes on 1,482 Posts
The following users liked this post:
Sam3b (05-27-2024)
Old 04-25-2024, 06:23 AM

I received my unit I purchased on Aliexpress from Mookaka store. I paid for a 8gb ram and 256gb storage unit. Unfortunately, the heated steering wheel is not working, the trim bezel has tabs that broke on install, and I was not delivered what was promised and I have received a 2gb ram 32gb storage unit. The seller is no longer helpful, so looks like it will be going back.

Can anyone who has purchased a higher spec unit confirm they got what they paid for and where it was purchased?

Old 04-25-2024, 06:39 PM

I’ve been using Agama launcher…after an update there’s a new view for “portrait” big screens…I like it!

The following 3 users liked this post by arenaej:
DGL (07-07-2024), mattastic13 (04-26-2024), Sean W (04-26-2024)
Old 06-07-2024, 10:51 AM

I just did the upgrade to the big screen kit for 2013 XK with Bowers Wilkins stereo. I'm a former stereo installer from the 1980s, so I have a bit of experience.
The install was relatively easy with a little guidance from the YT vid here:
Old screen was in process of failure; dim to the point I couldn't even see the backup camera. Now the screen looks great. Backup camera MUCH BETTER and the guide lines even bend with the steering input.
Everything is working except the sound. F@$#&*^!! Guess I have to try the XF optical decoder. If there are any other suggestions, I'd like to hear.

Old 06-07-2024, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by TourDeForce
Everything is working except the sound. F@$#&*^!! Guess I have to try the XF optical decoder. If there are any other suggestions, I'd like to hear.
Yep, you need the XF blue box…

Old 06-23-2024, 09:04 AM

Finally got an XF box and installed it this morning. Now have beautiful audio for about 120 seconds then it shuts off. Don't know why. Screen is still on, just no audio. Not even screen beeps.
(trouble-shooter hat on)

Last edited by TourDeForce; 06-23-2024 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-23-2024, 04:10 PM
Angry Mookaka sucks

[QUOTE=Rombo;2744010"Aliexpress from Mookaka store. I paid for a 8gb ram and 256gb storage unit. Unfortunately, the heated steering wheel is not working, the trim bezel has tabs that broke on install... .
Can anyone who has purchased a higher spec unit confirm they got what they paid for and where it was purchased?[/QUOTE]

Got mine from the same outfit. My bezel also broken. They strung me along until I lost patience and never sent a replacement despite telling me it was to be shipped by their 'engineers'.
Asked for a refund and they now pretend I've never ordered from them, so I had AMEX cancel and reverse the charges. They lie and have no honor.
I ended up repairing the bezel so I could at least attempt to install the now free unit, but still no joy getting it 100% working.
I'm beginning to think they buy returned goods for cheap from other vendors and try to re-sell items as new.

Old 06-24-2024, 09:24 AM
Cool Dynamic Guidelines - Local

Originally Posted by Tiepolo
Do you Know if the dynamic guidelines depends on the Screen or the Camera? Because I saw some aftermarket cameras claiming to have dynamic guidelines. So i hesitate which one I should take.
I hope I'll manage to run the wire through the car tunnel. is it possible to push it like when you're pulling electric line in drywall walls? Or does the leather panels have to be removed?
I'm using the factory camera and the dynamic guidelines are active in reverse. There is also a setting in the menu that allows user to select a proprietary guideline or 'local'. The default selection was proprietary and showed to be quite exaggerated. The 'local' option is more typical of what I expect in an OEM system.
I know I'm late on this, but just adding info for others reviewing this thread.

Old 06-28-2024, 01:06 AM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Got mine today! Ordered a 3gb RAM and 32gb ROM and ended up getting a 4gb RAM and a 64gb ROM. I'll take it for the BS I had to go through just to receive it. Audio is amazing. Much better than what the stock stereo was giving me.
Still trying to figure out the temperature controls & I cannot use my steering wheel buttons. May seem weird to hear that I would ever sacrifice my AC in the summer just for music, but truthfully I never have and probably was never going to use the AC anyway.
I have a couple of steps I am going to take tomorrow which also includes connecting the hazard light switch, which I did not do previously. Not sure if that is what is causing steering wheel/AC to not work. Screen functionality aside from that is pretty awesome though! on the '07 XK w/ Alpine

Quick Reply: Tesla Style Head Unit for X150